Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«61 »
Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

x2==

Skipp Wiley Jr., Veteran Newtype / Headhunter Wrecker
HP: 2/5 DR2 Move: 5 Jump Luxe: 020
Mutations (Inoculated): Compound Eyes (Cannot be Ambushed) // Batrachian Legs (+1 Move) >> Biological Levitation (Jump)
F-Mutations: Caustic Haemorrhexis (On Damage: Friendly-Fire 1d4/1 AoE, +damage upcales)
D-Mutations: Wormholer (At 0 HP, spawn spatial anomaly. 1/6 chance to be drawn into anomaly and survive with 1 HP.)
Weapons: Rigger Sidearm (1d6/2, Attack from Cover)
Armor: Dark Hazmat Gear B (DR3 Therm, DR2 Chem, DR1 Rad, Air Supply) // CS Armor (Yellow) (+2 DR, 2 Slots) (x2) >> Trauma Support Module (Empty) >> Rad Module (+1 DR vs Rad)
Consumables: Squidpack (Full -> Empty) // Autofalconoid (Empty) // Fabrikit X (+Heal) (Full) // Medikit (Empty) // Medikit X (+Heal) (Empty) // Assist Flare // Purifier Retrovirus
Items: Unlicensed Autodoc // Scrambled Component // Mangled Component
Tokens: 3 Air

Skipp Wiley Jr. crept along an obfuscating embankment of rock as he approached the dimly lit surgical theater, trying to get a better look at the strange, spindly humanoid that loomed frozen over the operating table on the theater's central dais. The eerily emaciated figure suddenly snapped to life when Skipp drew close enough to activate the medical tent's perimeter lights. The gaunt, six-limbed figure turned out to be a Rip-U-L8ter, an early quadripedal model of medical mechanoid designed specifically for performing hack-job surgeries on cyborgs and mutants alike. For a bargain price, the quack cyborg could uninstall a Cyber graft or a surgically remove a Mutational augmentation - potentially at a great risk to the patient.

Skipp took one look at the twitching, erratically-shaking Rip-U-L8ter and knew that it was extremely Unstable, succumbing to unmitigated obsolescence. There'd be nothing Skipp could gain by going under this untrustworthy robodoc's vibro-knife.

He cleared his throat and spoke over the short-range comms, transmitting to both Aotzzzuo and Hievel:

"Skipp here - found a Rip-U-L8ter in 18.17, if anyone's interested in removing an Aug - be on the lookout for the Hyperchurch's Manhunter to the north! I'm going to stay on the move to keep them from getting a bead on me!"

Knowing that his position had been given away to the Metastatik Manhunter by the perimeter lights he'd tripped, Skipp pulled the cord on his Squidpack and made tracks for a nearby area.

Aotsuo and Hievel can peek:
Encounter: Skipp squidpacks, retreating one hex southeast! 18.17 -> 19.17

Wishlist: Well, Sponsors - I'm still trying to heal up, to defend myself, and to get my hands on a melee weapon! I'm shooting for something fun, like a Vintage Mech-Mangler or an Untuned K-Hammer! Please, Sponsors, if you could, send me one of the following packages using the public Sponsor funds (currently available: 154 luxe). That would really help!
Package 1: Scratch Starter - 35 Luxe - Delivery (25 luxe) of one Vintage Mech Mangler (7 luxe) and one Optiscope (3 luxe). Total: 25+7+3 = 35 Luxe.
Package 2: Battle Buddies - 32 Luxe - Delivery (25 luxe) of one Experimental Autofalconoid (Weaponized) (2 luxe) and one Experimental Motile Biocover (+Backlash) (5 luxe). Total 25+2+5 = 32 Luxe.
Package 3: The Medi-Drone - 26 luxe - Shotgun-free Delivery (25 luxe) of three (3x) Experimental Medikits (Instant Deploy) (1 luxe). Total: 25+1 = 26 Luxe.

Prince of Space fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2018 around 14:00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Name: ℟ (Refrain)
HP: 2/2
Mutations: Patagia, Spread the Wax (spend MOV to upscale barrier shift, start at d4), Quantum Thief (If single target in the same hex (or D-scanned) would gain more than one token or item in a single phase, may instead choose to roll an attack (1d6) to receive one of the tokens or items.)
Empty: falconoid
Luxe: 1 Luxe

The ruined MCAD was set down. The core examined. It was time.

Boost

Wishlist
Things to survive a zodiac

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

]

[KATYDID / HP:3/3 (RIG: 4/6)/ MOVE: 2 (RIG: 2)/ LUXE: 26 / CYBER: EYEGEAR] WEAPON MODS: [DR.J: JUNKER PROTOCOL, LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS] TOKENS: AIR 3 (RIG: BURN 1)

Eager to try out the new and improved Dr. J, Katya surveyed the targets she could see, the helpful, token eating skates and a fleeing rig, and span around to try and gun down one she couldn't, pointing Dr. J at the skulking Darkstalker.

Dr. Jankenstein at the Mutant Darkstalker: 1d12 2

It turned out not seeing targets was a problem.

Optiscope now at +1

Wishlist:Standing order for assist flares and x-flares. I will happily experiment with them in different phases on request. Also weapon mod kits and X-weapon kits. Maybe a new biocover.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Mari Anne: HP: 8/8 Move: 3 Luxe: 6

Tokens: Freeze: 6 Burn: 1

Augmentations: Limits: 1C 4M
C: Eye Gear: Upscale all attacks
M: Gossamer Wings: Fly and +1 Move, takes up no aug threshold
M: Chitinous Chiton: DR +1 when hit by a Penetrator attack.
M: Swollen Musculature: +1 damage + Newflesh Eidolon: Subject's max HP is increased by number of mutations possessed.
M: Unstable Anatomy: Can only be hit in combat on a 5+
Free slots: 1M

SMRT SCOPE Mods:
Depleted Pandemonium Rounds (1 DoT) Neutronium-Tipped Rounds (Pen on multiple of 4) Debriding Brood Upscale vs. Mutants; +1 Infest vs Mutants

Item reload status:
Squidpack: empty Fabrikit: empty X Fabrikit: full

Retainers:
Dr One: 2/5 HP MBC 1: 2/5 HP MBC 2: 5/5 HP

Scrambling to find something to work with, Anne reached for the only option that her Wreckterminal highlighted, a set of exposed conduits, which she used to electrocute the Tortle that was busy setting up mines.

Katy can look
Improvise!: 1d6 6 Exposed Conduits!
Set MBCs to not block Skates

Supply request:

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

2. Skipp / 5. Aotzzzuo / 8. Hievel
Skipp Squidpacks to 19.17!

Aotzzzuo uses Dimensional Lens on Hievel!
Aotzzzuo hits Hermes Beta Pilot!
Hievel misses hits Drudge!

Hermes Beta Pilot takes Cover!
Mutant Roughneck misses Hievel!
Mutant Drudge is Disabled!

Beta Pilot takes 3 damage and dies!
Mutant Drudge takes 3 damage and dies!
Hievel is awarded 1L bounty!

3. Katydid / 7. Apiary Anne
Katydid misses Darkstalker!
Apiary Anne Improvises! Exposed Conduits overload!
>Swatter-1 is Disabled!
>Apiary Anne is unaffected!
>Tortle is Disabled!
>Skate 1 is unaffected!
>Stakte 2 is unaffected!
>Darkstalker is unaffected!

OPD-3 Tortle is Disabled!
Ribbon Skate 1 misses Apiary Anne!
Ribbon Skate 2 misses Apiary Anne!
Mutant Darkstalker misses Apiary Anne!

4. ℟
℟ Boosts ACT!

6. eStelle
eStelle excavates 05.19!
Huskhound hits Myrmidon!

Myrmecoid Myrmidon critically hits eStelle's Prospekt!

Prospekt takes 2 damage (reduced from 3) and is destroyed! eStelle ejects safely!
Myrmidon takes 1 damage (reduced from 2)!

Challenge Complete posted:

Syzygy Network>Boring Fieldwork- Excavate a hex that was completely surrounded by rock at map start.
eStelle +10L!
Syzygy +5L!

Wreckers, take Action!

Sponsors-Only Map

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Name: ℟ (Refrain)
HP: 2/2
Mutations: Patagia, Spread the Wax (spend MOV to upscale barrier shift, start at d4), Quantum Thief (If single target in the same hex (or D-scanned) would gain more than one token or item in a single phase, may instead choose to roll an attack (1d6) to receive one of the tokens or items.)
Empty: falconoid
Luxe: 1 Luxe

Apply compromised core to MCAD.

+

Wishlist
Things to survive a zodiak

WereGoat fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2018 around 23:39

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Grimey Drawer

eStelle

(using one)

[eStelle / HP:2/3 | ARMOR: 0 / MOVE: 2 | LUXE: ??? +25 on hand? | CYBER: YES | CYBERAUGMENTS: Jacklegz© +1 MOVE | MUTATIONS: N/A | WEAPON MODS: Megascope (upscale 3) | TOKENS: AIR: 3 | Doggo has -1 max HP | Darkb34k needs reloading | Medkit needs reloading]

--

Ejector seat landing in a pile of freshly dissolved ants, eStelle punches her experimental autodoc into compliance, seeing the pressing need for some immediate enhancements.

Action: Experimental autodoc: 2#1d20 = 18 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

x2==

Skipp Wiley Jr., Veteran Newtype / Headhunter Wrecker
HP: 2 -> 1/5 DR2 Move: 5 Jump Luxe: 020 -> 000
Mutations (Inoculated): Compound Eyes (Cannot be Ambushed) // Batrachian Legs (+1 Move) >> Biological Levitation (Jump)
F-Mutations: Caustic Haemorrhexis (On Damage: Friendly-Fire 1d4/1 AoE, +damage upcales)
D-Mutations: Wormholer (At 0 HP, spawn spatial anomaly. 1/6 chance to be drawn into anomaly and survive with 1 HP.)
Weapons: Rigger Sidearm (1d6/2, Attack from Cover)
Armor: Dark Hazmat Gear B (DR3 Therm, DR2 Chem, DR1 Rad, Air Supply) // CS Armor (Yellow) (+2 DR, 2 Slots) (x2) >> Trauma Support Module (Empty) >> Rad Module (+1 DR vs Rad)
Consumables: Squidpack (Empty -> Full) // Autofalconoid (Empty -> Full -> Empty) // Fabrikit X (+Heal) (Full) // Medikit (Empty) // Medikit X (+Heal) (Empty) // Assist Flare // Purifier Retrovirus
Items: Unlicensed Autodoc // Scrambled Component // Mangled Component
Tokens: 3 Air

As his Squidpack streamed plumes of cloudy nanoink across the visible spectrums, Skipp Wiley Jr. zigzagged deeper into the darkness. In between leaping and bounding, Skipp reloaded his Autofalconoid with hi-tech scraps of luxe until its eyes flashed in a piercing cool blue and it screamed a thousand piercing synth tones.

"Noctowitz," Skipp commanded his robot bird to awaken with the touch of a button, "my faithful pet. I need your help yet again."

Noctowitz the Autofalconoid clutched to Skipp's wrist with its plush grapplers as it began to untuck itself from its hyperfolded state. When the mecha-avian had fully unfurled its wings, Skipp beamed to it the rough coordinates of where he was certain the Hyperchurch's Metastatik-wielding Wrecker-hunter must be and set the bird-drone aloft. Just as he did so, however, he managed to stumble into a terrible and strange clearing bearing a single large Chrysalis at the center.

Skipp's scalp tickled and prickled as his newly-grown hair stood on end. He'd evaded the Metastatik Manhunter for the time being, but in doing so he'd tripped over a Horrific Chrysalis in the end stages of its development. Something obscenely horrid was squirming around inside the shell, ready to emerge and imprint itself upon someone at any second. On the one hand Horrors had voracious appetites and an intelligently predatory nature, on the other hand those qualities were precisely what make them so tamable. Skipp wouldn't miss this moment for the world.

Skipp opened up his helmet's mask long enough to sneeze a shower of caustic blood all across the Horrific Chrysalis. Whoops. The rust-colored acids sizzled away at the cracked surface of the Chrysalis, and the movement inside it intensified, as if in response.

Skipp shrugged and returned to work setting up a proper ambush site for whatever awful Horror permutation managed to pop out that dense monster-cocoon. Can't ever be too careful!

Skipp's familiar, chipper voice crackled onto the short-range Comms for the first time in a long while.

"Uh - hey guys, Skipp here - I found an Unstable Rip-U-Later (in 18.17) and some kind of Horrific Chrysalis that's bound to burst (in 19.17)... Aotzzzuo, I highly recommend you use your, uh, skull-friend Mecha-Mimir to scan the region to your north (19.15). If you do that, I'd be most obliged if you'd send me your scan data! Meet you guys at the X-Cav Station (19.18) soon, yeah?"

Aotzzzuo and Hievel can peek:
Action: Skipp activates his Newtype talent to mimic the Junker talent set! (-1 HP)
Caustic Haemorrhexis versus Horrific Chrysalis: 1d4 4 - Critical Hit!
Skipp sets up an Ambush as a free action!
Skipp reloads his Squidpack and his Autofalconoid with 20 luxe!
Skipp sends his Autofalconoid to retrieve the Metastatik in 19.15: 1d8 4 - Critical Hit?!
As a free action, Skipp tight-scans the region northeast of him (20.17) and shares the scan data with Hievel and Aotzzzuo!

Wishlist: Well, Sponsors, you've spoken with your silence - clearly you all believe in me and my ability to overcome the trials set before me! Nonetheless, it would be really nice of you to help a Wrecker out! I'm broke as a joke and could really use any of the following products (Available open-source-account funds: 169)!
Package 1: Pistol Rigger - 37 Luxe - Delivery (25 luxe) of one Experimental Weapon Upgrade Kit (9 luxe) and one Optiscope (3 luxe). Total: 25+9+3 = 37 Luxe.
Package 2: Battle Buds - 40 Luxe - Delivery (25 luxe) of one Experimental Huskhound (Posionous) (10 luxe) and one Experimental Motile Biocover (+Backlash) (5 luxe). Total 25+10+5 = 40 Luxe.
Package 3: The EZ-Medic - 26 Luxe - Shotgun-free Delivery (25 luxe) of three (3x) Experimental Medikits (Instant Deploy) (1 luxe). Total: 25+1 = 26 Luxe.

«61 »