Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Post
  • Reply
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Name: 'Midge' Gureyevitch
Portrait: 3
Class: Junker
Loadout:
A 1 on supply - Medkit (Spend action to heal 1hp)
A 2 on cyber - Spinal antenna (+1 scan range)

'Midge' is a hulking brute of a man, slavic ancestry. The nickname is probably ironic.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at Nov 28, 2017 around 12:04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

The hulking Junker emerged from his pod with easy deliberation, flashing a wry smile to a nearby camdrone.

"Be very quiet, am hunting the big rigs, yes?"

Advance from 02.10 to 02.09

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

The burly junker watched the other wrecker dispassionately, heeding his actions and words alike. Once he'd said his piece, Midge shrugged, and replied,

"Sure, even split, works for me."

Resolve by not being an enemy in the zone and agreeing to work together as suggested.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

He gave Stev a knowing look, a twinkle of mirth in his eyes, visible behind the mask.

"Careful, next time I might think you meant that. But, no harm, no foul this time, yes? Let's see where the good stuff is..."

Scan, invoking the Spinal Antenna

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

He snatched the bounty out of the air, then leaned in to share his own spoils.

"Mind how you go, Stev. Listen up, I'm reading another Wrecker, namely Stranger, and some sort of Wireless Wwizard in that wreck dead ahead. You got that?"

Advance to 04.08

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

He looked at the Wwizard appraisingly, and said as an aside to Stev,

"Hmm. How much do you think we could get for that?"

Chillax, wait to the salvage phase.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

He nodded at the assessment from the other Wrecker, then started fishing around for any of the good stuff.

"Yeah, fair point. Hey, Wwizard, if you wouldn't mind, can you point out anything valuable in here that we could take? Thank you."

The hefty slav took what was indicated if anything was, and rooted around if it wasn't.

Salvage as outlined above.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

That worked out far better than he could have hoped for, and he checked over the new weapon with undisguised glee. Still, mindful of the terms of the pact, he handed down his prior weapon to his wrecking partner, as close to a fair share of weapon upgrades as could be managed.

"Here, might serve you a bit better than that popgun, yes? Not the best balance, but it hits like a runaway drop pod. Onwards!"

Give the hammer to Stev, go to 04:07

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:4

"Interesting, very interesting."

Encounter the clue by taking it.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:4

The burly Wrecker scoured the area with impressive thoroughness, whistling some ancient scrap of music from a bygone era as he left no piece of debris unturned.

Salvage, 6!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:10

Cheerfully, the Junker plodded his way on, slowly advancing along the desiccated seafloor.

"A moment's silence for the dead guy, yes?"

He took a second to stand still, head bowed, then carried on his merry way.

Move to 04:06, upload 7 Luxe

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:3

He panned around, eyes open, ever searching...

Scan, invoking spiral antenna

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:3

According to the plan, he moved up to rendezvous with his current partner.

Move to 03:05

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:3

The burly, masked Junker waved cheerfully to the new wrecker, , then nodded to Stev.

"Greetings! I am Midge, I've been working with Stev there."

He punctuated the conversation by blasting at the encroaching muties with a thoroughly irresponsible shotgun.

"I am sure we will get on just fine, yes? Brace yourselves, there are a lot of explosives around here and I expect the enemy will also be shooting."

Wwizard Shotgun at a Mutant Grunt, if Rampage then rampaging onto the other Mutant Grunt if alive. 6

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:3

He appraised the rig with professional interest, smiling broadly.

"A Gamma Enforcer, yes? Been a while since I drove one of these. Oh, and before I forget, I picked up these on the way here."

He handed over 3 Luxe to Stev, and clambered aboard the rig.

Mount the Rig, 3 Luxe to Stev.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:0

That got his attention.

"Is that so? Just happens that I do. Shall we see if they fit together?"

He approached the other wrecker with his half, looking to see if he had the other. He covered the data on his until they were adjacent, at which time he lifted his hand, showing to both of the others present that The scrambled coords read: (04.xx)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:3]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:0

"Oh, now that's an interesting place. Onwards, yes?"

He revved up his Enforcer and stomped off, keeping pace with Cryo.

Move to 04:07

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:3]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:0

The burly slav took in the full panorama whilst his teammates were getting their innards poked by a Lung Bandit, and shared his findings with Stev and Cryo once done.

Scan, invoking the Spinal Antenna.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:2

Catching the thrown bounty, he nodded curtly and revved up the enforcer, pointing it towards the closest wreck.

"Keep an eye out for the stalker, last I saw it was right behind us."

Head to the wreck at 04:08

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:2

He frowned as the dual death-beacons pinged, right on the Wreckmas beacon. Glancing across to Cryo, he shook his head and called up the map, touching on 06:09 and then 07:07. It might take some yelling to keep Stev in the loop as well, but his lungs were good for it.

"Two wreckers killing each other over a wreckmas gift, that's almost Moon Wars tier madness, yes? Still, the least we can do is pay our respects if the storm abates."

Salvage: 3

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:2

Worst of the storm cooling down, it was time to hunker in the next bunker. Expertly pulling the Enforcer into a crouched, lumbering run, he headed towards the next spot of cover.

Move to 06:09

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:2

Lowering the shotgun unfired as the hostile succumbed to the specialist weapon, he nodded to the reunited Wrecker.

"Not that much cover out there, this was the best way to keep on in the right direction. Beta Enforcer, that's a nice upgrade, yes? Means we have enough protection for the three of us. I'm checking out the salvage to split evenly, you two sort out who gets the big rig."


Rich Salvage: 15 and (Stev, Cryo):Split the luxe evenly three ways.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:7

With the storm finally abating, it was time to pay their respects. No longer needing to shield itself from the abrasive particulates, his enforcer strode across the wasted seabed to their agreed waypoint.


Advance to 07:07 and press F to pay respects.


Wishlist:Any beneficial thing is good. We're okay for weapons at present. Maybe the insta-cover? Thanks for asking.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at Jan 4, 2018 around 03:59

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:7

Midge unslung his medipack and deftly rummaged around in its contents to patch up what he could of Stev's wounds. Whilst the Neo-Soldat was tough, it looked like he was at his limit after that. With the Rig having caught the worst of it, he nodded at Stev's refusal and folded it back up.

With some distaste, the burly wrecker claimed the Squidpack as a replacement. He was no fan of retreating, tactically or otherwise, but he could see the merit in not leaving it behind. Seeing no-one grab the EZ-snipe, he hauled it into the Enforcer cab, a little extra range was no bad thing.

Use Medikit to help Stev. Stev isn't injured, so Salvaging.

Looking at the rest of the slain Wrecker's legacy, "Eight-seven-seven in Stev's favour seem fair?"

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at Jan 6, 2018 around 19:00

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:16

He chucked a couple of Luxe, one to each of the others, from his own searching, and nodded.

"Sure, sounds like a plan to me."

Head between the wrecks, 05:08, and give 1 Luxe each to Stev and Cryo.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:16

He weighed up their options, with the Aeropath in particular looking dangerous. Still, his shotgun had enough spread and coverage to force both the mutie and the tech-guy to keep their heads down, which should free up Cryo to stick a scoped Stinger shot through the remaining target.

Laying down suppression fire

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:16

Dismounting from the REKT enforcer with a sad shake of the head, followed by a nod to Stev thanking him for taking care of looting it, he headed over to Cryo and accessed the MMI psychocontrols for his own spinal antenna, 'feeling' for her output, synchronising and amplifying.

"Here's a cute little trick we pulled back in the Belter Skirmishes when we had to ferret out some very dug-in little rock-rats. Synch up the detector pulse, account for phase modulation, and it is as you say, Bob's your gene-donor!"

He made sure the antenna sponsor logo was prominently displayed to the nearest camera drone.

Scan, looking to amplify Cryo's scan

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5/ MOVE: 1/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:22

Special delivery! Nodding thanks to the Drone (Always be polite to your robot helpers), he removed the Deployable Cover from its deployment case and beamed with delight, holding it up for the nearest camera to get a good look at, the Pertinax logo front and centre.

"See this? This is a top-of-the-line Pertinax Ammunition Fabrication Systems LX33 InstaBunker! These things are real lifesavers, yes? No need to Squid away when you and your team can get the best firing position anywhere and anywhen with just a moment's activation. Shrug off everything short of a full scale assault, all while Wrecking all that stands before you in safety and comfort! Order yours today, and tell them Midge sent you!"

He then stowed it, and took up a position on one of the Beta Enforcer's arms, securing himself as best he was able, ready to drop down at their destination.

Take a ride to 04:10 on Stev's Beta Enforcer

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5/ MOVE: 1/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:22

"Let's see if the old Factory settings are still on. One... Two... Three... Four."

If anything, the buzz and red light were angrier and more insistent.

"Cryo?"

Crack the Vault: 1

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker


Updated wish list: Can you send us a vault key?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5/ MOVE: 1/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:22

The Junker scanned the area for good concealment and vantages. They had incoming, they had mega-incoming, but they were well equipped, and they got to choose the terrain.

"Let's set up to surprise them, yes? I see some good spots there, there and there. We can deploy the Pertinax portable bunker across there when the shooting starts. I'll prioritise rigs."

Set up Ambush.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5/ MOVE: 1/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:22

Easy does it, wait for the right moment, give the Cop a chance to blame the rigs or muties in plain sight...

All quiet on the western front.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5/ MOVE: 1/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:22

Now!

He deployed the deployable cover such that it shielded the team, then using all his Junker talents, looked to blast one of the Gammaswith the Wwizard shotgun and rampage over onto the second, looking to deny them both a chance to act. It was go time, life or death, but either way they were going to put on one hell of a show!

Deploy deployable cover for the whole team. Attack Gamma Crawler 1 with the Shotgun, invoking the Junker ability to deal double damage and prevent it from acting. Rampaging into Gamma Crawler 2 to prevent it from acting. Shotgun the Gamma Crawler, then if hit rampage the other Gamma Crawler: 1d10 1 Oh well, good thing the Junker ability doesn't specify needing to hit...

Trying to invoke the shutdown on those two aside, main action: Shotgun the Mutie Soldier, then if hit rampage the Mutie Manhunter: 1d10 6 Rampage the Mutie Manhunter: 1d10 5

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at Jan 13, 2018 around 04:35

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5/ MOVE: 1/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:22

He exhaled, surveying the carnage. That Enforcer had finally given up the ghost, but Stev seemed otherwise unharmed. A lone Mutie still there, so they couldn't risk going through the plunder just yet. He sprinted for the Beta Gunman whilst it was still suborned, talking to the camera drone ahead of him,

"Quite the fireworks, yes? Three heavy-duty Beta rigs, a full trio of the smart kind of Mutie, and a futuristic hypercop, but not one of us Wrecking Crew took as much as a scratch. That's what Pertinax Ammofab did for us, and that's what Pertinax Ammofab can do for you."

He clambered up the Rig, dislodged any prior occupant as necessary, and fired up the reboot sequence, grinning.

Mount the Beta Gunman

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 (RIG:3)/ MOVE: 1 (RIG:3)/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:22 FUEL:8

As the dust cleared,

"That... That is certainly one way to open a Vault. Thanks, Pertinax!"

He checked over his rig diagnostics, still good enough. For now it was time to see if they'd have to snipe duel, or get rid of other threats, before they could dive in and divvy up.

Chillax.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 (RIG:3)/ MOVE: 1 (RIG:3)/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:22 FUEL:8

With the 'You survived' alarm pinging, Midge looked between the promise of the vault, and the vast array of salvageable wreckage in the hex. He didn't have long, but he wasn't called a Junker for nothing.

Salvage everything! Salvage the rigs and everything else: 19d6 72. Divvying it up 20 each to Cryo and Stev, with Midge claiming a 12 luxe fee for forgoing the cyber upgrade on top of his share for 32 Luxe total

He distributed 20 Luxe each to Cryo and Stev with a smile.

"Pleasure wrecking with you. Keep an eye out in the next arena, yes?"

Exfiltration fees posted:


-10 Luxe

-20 Luxe

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

"Midge" Gureyevitch is back in!

Veteran bennies: +1 Move, Surveyor

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker


[MIDGE / HP:5 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

On course this time, he stepped out, shotgun held jauntily, and surveyed the scene. Hmm.

He turned to a nearby camera, and with a cheerful shrug, commented,

"Ahh, it is bracing here in the outer system, yes? Certainly an interesting place to be. Let's see what lies in store for us, wreck the store and loot it dry!"

A casual salute, before setting off on a loping walk, keying a few things as he went.

Move to 02:09

Wishlist: I'd like to get across that radioactive, toxic river unharmed, towards the ruin, and safely away from it. I'm sure you have some ingenious ideas, and I have a huge, honking pile of Luxe. Maybe even an exclusive contract if it goes really well.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at Jan 23, 2018 around 17:07

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker


[MIDGE / HP:5 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

He looked up, and up, at the Hirsute Horror towering over him, then looked sidelong at the nearest camera bot.

"Well, folks, we all know how this goes, yes? Wrecker with squidpack stumbles across a horror, Wrecker with squidpack makes like a smelly, inky coward and high-tails it out of shot, denying you the bloodssacre you tuned in to enjoy."

He unslung the shotgun, working the pump action with reassuringly heavy metallic sound.

"Good thing I like to put on a show. Sponsors, if you like it, send some healthcare. Everyone else, buckle in. Hey, ugly! Eat this!"

Attack the horror with the shotgun!: 1d10 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker


[MIDGE / HP:3 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

Well that could have gone better. Still, the first blood spilt was his own, and he made sure to scribble a quick graffito with it of the sponsor logo of those who had expressed an interest in it. Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but hard to argue that it was anything but a 'Draw'. For added value, he made a meta-sketch of the blood spatter itself, even getting a bit recursive.

Meanwhile, he fired up his recently improved antenna implant, to get a better scope of the lay of the land.

Scan!

Wishlist: MEDIC!

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at Jan 25, 2018 around 02:09

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«8 »