Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This sounds fun, think I'll get in.

Name: Jimglorp Bubbafly
Portrait: 3 but extra horrible.
Class: Horrific
Package: Cipher - Optiscope, AutoFalconoid, CS Armor
Talent: 2
Mutation: Ablative Limb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp: HP:3/3 Move: 2
Breed Talent - Venomous Bite: 1d6/2 +Poison.
Mutation – Ablative Limb: 1/Round, Reduce Move by 1 to cancel a successful attack.

Jimglorp crawled out of the pod and ripped off the note stapled to his armor. "Listen up moron," it read, "Boss wants you to loot a ton of crap so we don't go bankrupt. If you can't get to the crucible, JUST GET OUT OF THE loving VACUUM!" He looked at the note, said "ok", then started waddling off to the nearest building when something else caught his eye.

"OOoohh- *slurp* -hhh. Cool thingy! I gotta get me that!

Move to 04.07

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shay Dirtbag Sleazeweasel, CEO of Galaxploitation Media woke up with a hangover from the pre-Wrecking Crew debut party he'd thrown two weeks ago. With a groan he tried to power through the haze and remember what he'd been doing. Slowly it came back to him, some mutant space hillbilly had crashed an old science vessel outside his film studio. Once the man-monster had been restrained and sedated, one of Shay D.'s film crew who was part space hilbilly managed to give a translation of the creature's grunts.

Apparently, the creature's name was Joegloop or something, its great, great, great grandfather was an asteroid farmer whose rock crashed into the derelict science vessel. The ship's only living inhabitant, some kind of horrific monster, fell in love with grandpeps and laid its eggs inside his corpse. The resulting hillbilly/monster spawn interbred for a few years until one sentient enough to restart the ship's reactor and escape its inhuman siblings managed to survive long enough to do so.

Whenever Shay D. was on a drug bender he developed an uncanny seventh sense for spotting hits, so he had Jonglob or whatever its name was sign away the rights to its life story. Shay D. was right, the erotic horrific romance based on the true story of gramps and the monster was an unexpected hit with housewives and the Vitaltemporal network paid him a ton of cash for exclusive broadcast rights. Things were going well. Investors were pouring money in, Team Hunger shirts were selling like crazy, the executive narcotics fund was able to afford better things than experimental military combat stims.

The sequel, however, was not doing so hot. No one cared about this Jeffgrime fella and Shay D.'s new paymasters were starting to get pissed. Drastic action had to be taken; Shay D. hauled the creature's containment cage off to Wrecking Crew, told the staff to outfit him with whatever and put him in.

The renewed interest in Jackgrease or whatever was enough to buy him some time but those vultures would still want more. Shay D. needed something flashy to show at the next board meeting so he crawled over to his suite's terminal and sent out a buy order.

Challenge:
Paying for otherworldly stock footage
Have an encounter in a Dimensional Instability (Repeatable)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

[quote="super sweet best pal" post="489114942"]

Mutation – Ablative Limb: 1/Round, Reduce Move by 1 to cancel a successful attack.

As Jimglorp was waddling to the gun emplacement, he stopped suddenly as the Solar Hive request showed up on his screen. There was moonshine on the moon! He'd been stuck drinking city folk stuff since he arrived in civilization and had been feeling nostalgic for the time he raided aunt Blobbi Jo's still. Too bad it was all the way on the other side of the moonbase, how could he get there before the other Wreckers?

The cannon, that was it. He could shoot himself out of the cannon. It'd be a trick getting it to fire him but he wouldn't let that stop him. Fortunately, he wasn't alone. Someone else was coming up across the horizon. Another Wrecker? Maybe they'd be willing to help, assuming Jimglorp could suppress the H͏U̸Ń͝G҉E͟R̶̷҉ long enough. Another lucky break, two tasty snacks were shuffling around. If he caught them he'd have a tasty snack. He called out to the other Wrecker, asking for help.

"Ey dorgy, help me whomp those knuckleheads so I can climb up this big ol' boomstick and jump over to that hooch!"

Jimglorp waved his Optiscope around and charged at the enemy, ready to give it a big chomp.

Poison Bite (call 5): 1d6 5

Wishlist: Mar-O-Gen Fortifiers so I can molt. A hazmat to keep the cold away, don't mind an experimental one if cash is an issue. Willing to test other experimental crap but I ain't splitting the bill on anything but the hazmat, front your own luxe if you want a lab rat.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 24, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mutant was delicious, it reminded Jimglorp of the family meals he had back on the farm. The city folk had given him weird burnt flesh of things that didn't try to kill him. He ran away, waiting for the poison to finish the mutant off while the other mutant was finding itself unable to hurt Jimglorp through that fancy armor they gave him.

Jimglorp ran up to the gun's air supply and took a deep breath, laughing as the puny creature kept failing to hurt him. Good enough for now.

ACT: +1 Air token
Wishlist: Horrifics fear no radiation, so send me an experimental hazmat designed for our needs on the moon's cold surface. Will also gladly test any experimental toys you feel like sending my way.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It was getting cold. Jimglorp was slowing down. He had to take out that mutant as soon as possible before he froze to death.

Jimglorp takes aim!

Wishlist: In dire need of a hazmat. An experimental one for Horrifics. Send any other experimental gear my way too.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 26, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaxploitation

Shay D. Sleazeweasel stared at the screen and blinked. Teaming up with a wolf, now there was some serious marketability, but what was Jimglorp babbling? He was already too far off-script as it was. Shay D. walked into the suite's holo-office and activated its conference call routine.

"Rise and shine peeps, we got a situation. Eustace, what's he mumbling about?"

The newly promoted VP of Rural Relations grabbed his suspenders (who the hell wears overalls over a three piece suit? The dress code was lax around the office but this was tacky even by Shay's low standards) and slowly replied. "Well, y'see, he got all riled up when Solar put up that request to retrieve some moonshine. You've been giving him nothing but watered down recycler tailings and he's worked up a thirst so powerful he'd risk his life for it. He's saying he wants to be launched out of the cannon to the barrel of moonshine."

"..."

"Ok, dammit, let's think about this. He's got protective gear, the moon's got low gravity, can he survive the fall? Marcy?"

"Hard to say," responded Marcia Fissionson, director of Galaxploitation's Wrecking Crew project, "The boffs weren't expecting this." A buzzing sound is heard in the distance, followed by gunfire. "Gotta go, WCLTD's lawyers are here. They're pissed that you want to use their footage for our movies."

--------------

As the conference ended, Shay D. was furious. What's his name was busy with the mutants for now, he could wait. Right now he was at war with WCLTD. "Those idiots think they can tell me how to run my business? Let's see how they like it!"

A viewscreen popped up of a disheveled apartment. "Jackson, get up," Shay D. shouted, "We need reactions to a reality shoot and Marcy's busy. That gossip show we shitcanned last year? It's back and you're on assistant director duty. Get a stage crew together and I'll send you the footage when we get it."

Spending my luxe, +1 slot
New challenge: Confession: Spend an ACT recording your opinion of Wreckers you met and why you'll beat them to the Zodiac kill, hold nothing back.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

One shot left. Jimglorp used bite.

Poison Bite (call 4): 1d6 5

Wishlist: In dire need of a hazmat. An experimental one for Horrifics. Could also use an experimental cryo removal medkit. I'll risk an experimental pistol as well so we'll have better firepower in Map 3.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 28, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp had been looking forward to turning levers to position the gun but to his disappointment the thing was controlled by a boring beige box. Maybe that museum would like a picture of it. Boring boxes in a wall for stuffy old city folk.

Activate Target Lock
Wishlist I'm really going to need some life support if I want to stay out here any longer. Also send some experimental medkits with Freeze token removal and move heal. Also send an experimental shotgun. Can't be a proper space hillbilly without a boomstick. 25L delivery + 4L for the x-shotgun + 2L for the cheap hazmat + 1L for the x-medkits. 32L total.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp kept getting colder but he couldn't go inside just yet, there was juicy meat to salvage and stashed hooch he planned on launching to.

Waiting here

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaxploitation Media
Luxe: 10 0

Tonight on Eyes on the Diaspora:

Tragedy strikes! Actor Bradley Spaceborn 23 dead after an impersonator claiming to be Bradley Spaceborn 22 appeared at the premere of Romancing the Warphead, triggering Mr Spaceborn 23's clone shutdown protocol.

The One Mind, One Vote bill failed to pass after several key proponents became Hivers. A spokesman for the bill who managed to avoid infestation stated "Told you so."

GDP skyrockets after time traveling pranksters distribute winning lottery numbers throughout the Diaspora. Millions of citizens in debt following spree purchases.

Trash talk from trash sifters! Wreckers' opinions on their chances of winning this Heap's second map!

All this and more, coming up next!

Shay D. switched off the feed. He'd have to thank the Wreckers for making him a quick luxe. Now to spend it; what was on today's list? He pulled up his mail and scanned it, mostly trivial stuff but a few caught his eye.

quote:

*The year's almost over and we haven't made any charity writeoffs yet.

Maybe they could pay a Wrecker to fix up things around the base and get a tax credit from some restoration group.

quote:

*Offbrand Studio just wrapped up one of their movies. Choose an upcoming release to copy.

There was some spy movie coming out next quarter that looked like it was going to be a hit. The editors could probably splice footage from the Wreckers for their similarly named knockoff.

The security gates probably had emergency passwords in case someone lost their ID, something no spy in their right mind would enter. If it worked they'd have footage of someone hacking a gate open. If not, an entry for Diaspora's Funniest Workplace Accidents.

Now all they needed was some kind of loot to retrieve. The data cores were an obvious choice.

quote:

*We managed to drive off WCLTD's lawyers but they're back and they've got rigs this time. Send help!

That one would have to wait until later. Maybe the Wreckers could capture Cherenkov and launch him up the cradle.

New challenges:
Charity work - Rebuild the traxit at 4.11. Watch out for radiation.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (-5 luxe) - Enter the password INTRUDER_ALERT at any gate.
We're in (-5 luxe) - Grab a data core and try to look cool while you're doing it. What you do with it after that is your own business.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp was almost ready, better give it a test fire first. Wasn't there a challenge or something for using the gun?

But Jimglorp thought it might be fun to shoot that other fellow who crashed the party. Firing on 10.13, calling a 4 on the first roll of the AoE.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp salvages items, grabbing the shambles and packing bits and juices from the mutants into their hollowed out skulls.

salvage: 1d6 3

e: cleaned up quote tag

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Nov 3, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaxploitation Media
5L -> 0L

These Myriad weirdos were huge mystery and like any mystery, people would tune in to have someone solve it. Shay D. decided this was a perfect opportunity to cash in, all Galactex needed was an expert.

GlXJuiceman > Open line @O4Elbz

=====

GlXJuiceman > How's academic life treating you, Elba? Getting a lot of eyes on your casts? AoT giving all the funds you need to research your papers?

O4lbz > Whatever you're trying to sell, I'm not interested. I'm a respected professor, not some media shock jock.

GlXJuiceman > If you weren't interested in luxe or fame you wouldn't be out there giving interviews.
GlXJuiceman > Or are you legitimately concerned about them uniting the fringes? Is there room for objectivity when your colleagues are busy kicking the hornet's nest?

O4Elbz > Let me guess, you want to manufacture some purple scare for views.
O4Elbz > Have you actually paid attention to what I've been saying? They're charlatans.

GlXJuiceman > We don't have to make one, the pieces are already in place. An unseen power that seems to easily traverse the Between, which itself is barely understood? The people want to know, should their leaders broker a peace, prepare for war or welcome our new Myriad overlords? Keep saying "Nay" if you want, they love being assured everything's fine. They want someone to turn to for answers and your name is at the top of the list.

O4Elbz > So that's your game? Threaten to platform fearmongers if I don't play ball?

GlXJuiceman > All we ask is you cut us a deal on distributing your infocast. We'll pay the Wreckers to give you better material to work with.

O4Elbz > Fine.
O4Elbz > If you have something worth looking at.

=====

<@O4Elbz closed DM>

Simple enough, now to get the goods. Shay D. looked over his allotted challenges and decided to clear out some space. With that done he left to find some stims or something and calm down the pissed off the WCLTD directors.

Challenges
Challenge canceled We're in - Grab a data core and try to look cool while you're doing it. What you do with it after that is your own business.
Found footage - Take damage from a Myriad foe.
(-5L) We come in peace, shoot to kill - ACT: Interview a non-hostile Myriad.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp: HP:2/3 Move: 2
On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 2

"So c-c-c-cold. Someone hiss send warm <Obvious ADR> Cosmiq Thrill-O-Creem!"

A pleasant jingle plays over the viewers' screens as the drone flies in, a large tube of lotion hastily edited over it.

"AAAH! IT BURNS! IT BURNS! <Obvious ADR> Thrill-O-Creem is so refreshing. The freezing chill of space's vacuum feels like a pleasant spring day with Thrill-O-Creem! I'm so glad to have Thrill-O-Creem I'm jumping for joy! I feel so great, I could roll around on the frozen dirt like it was a meadow and feel fine!"

Jimglorp eventually got up and looked at the rest of the stuff he was given. He decided to put on the hazmat before he froze to death and hope it didn't react with his heating medication too badly. He looked at the shotgun, shook it a bit and frowned as he heard weird rattling inside. "This ain't no proper boomstick," he thought to himself.

Jimglorp went up to the gun emplacement's targeting computer, set it to a random point between shelter and his objective 15.06 so he wouldn't damage the moonshine when he landed (and Cherenkov couldn't track him) and climbed up the barrel of the gun.

<Obvious ADR> "This gun barrel sure is tight, good thing I've got Machoil™! Rated for both gun and "personal use", Machoil™ is the perfect tool for this job!"

Wishlist: I'll definitely need some healing next round, assuming I survive that long. Send combat stims and probably an experimental move speed restorer to counter the loss from Ablative Limb when I land.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp: HP:2/3 Move: 2
On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 12

There was a loud explosion and Jimglorp suddenly found himself flying through the lack of air. "YEEEEEẼ͕̗̭̑ͨ̔ͦ͗E̳̲͉͙̹͂̍̑͊ͤͣ̋E̶̬̺̺̞̬̓ͥ̇H͎̲̗ͬ͘Ä̰̻̼͚̦͆̀ͅA̬̣͚͇̙̬̞͌ͪͪ́AAAAAWWWW!"

(Really hope I survive. Apply Ablative Limb as needed. Calling that the explosion misses me with a 3)

Wishlist: Depends on what I find when I land. I'll need a healdrone with stims if I'm still alive. Beyond that, this seems like a good time to beg for a squidpack and a regular medikit. Maybe an x-med with move restore if my Move drops to zero, but I plan on exploring the crater next turn for the challenge if I'm still at 1.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 5, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp: HP:2/3 Move: 1/2
On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 47

Jimglorp stood up. Ouch. His leg was broken but it had protected him from the crash. He smiled, gave a thumbs-up to the camera and wandered off to find something to put out the small fires on his skin.

"Poor Jimglorp," an announcer said over the feed as Jimglorp grabbed a fire extinguisher and sprayed foam on himself. "Bet you wish you'd packed Ice-10 in your travel bag."

A message popped up on Jimglorp's datapad

quote:

Look at the camera and nod
Jimglorp obeyed even though he didn't understand what he was nodding for.

"That's right. With Cosmiq's Ice-10 Coolgel™, there's nothing to fear from open flame. Ice-10 has been proven to restore twice as much scar tissue as other fire extinguishing methods. If Jimglorp had planned ahead he'd have fewer skin grafts to look forward to when he gets back home."
(Cosmiq is not responsible for any extremities lost due to frostbite. Consult the executor of your estate before applying Ice-10 Coolgel™. Side effects may include sudden cryonic freezing, inability to be warm ever again and hallucinations of ice age monsters. If disposed of improperly, the complete destruction of your planet by freezing may occur and you are liable for any damages.)
"Cosmiq: Go wild! We'll put you back together when you're done."

ACT: Extinguish burn token

Wishlist: I'm rich! Send an experimental MOV restore healdrone to patch up my broken leg. Also send a Jump-Assist and an x-fab that specializes in crafting and fixing broken hex features. (17.5L price + 25L S&H = 42L)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp: HP:2/3 Move: 4/4 (+1) Mutation 2/5
On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 10
Mutation - Ablative Limb: 1/Round, Reduce Move by 1 to cancel a successful attack.
Mutation - Limbic Inferno: +2 Move. Must take full move or suffer damage equal to unspent move.

Jimglorp jumps to 18.06, moving through 16.07, 17.07, 18.08, and 18.07 to expend excess move.

Wishlist: Need this new mutation gone. Alternatively, send me a jumping mount so I don't ever have to stop.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 8, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaxploitation Media
5L -> 0

"So, your handler says you're a Moon War veteran."

The parrot flapped its wings and shouted "TO THE MOON! TO THE MOON!"

"You'll have to excuse Sargeant Squawk, that was a bad time in his life," the animal trainer replied. "We throw him in this birdcage with arms and legs and he pilots it into battle. If you want you can load up the vids of our firing range sessions."

"AWWK! GIVE 'EM HELL!"

A message suddenly came through. "Wrecker still alive, postpone hiring for next map."

"Well Mr, uh, Sargeant Squawk, it looks like we might not need your services yet but we'll be in touch should that change."

"WOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
________

A shame, parrots were a hot item right now. What else was on the list today?

quote:

> The bear was killed by mutants, the Myriad hit a biocover.
> The wreckers have yet to interview the Myriad, nicknamed Myrv, that is working with them.
> We've reached a settlement with WCLTD but took casualties.

That put a wrench in the works. No problem, just shuffle challenges around. Galaxploitation needed new stars. That moon mummy would make a great prop lead for a new horror movie, or maybe another weird romcom.

Challenge:
(canceled) Found footage - Take damage from a Myriad foe.
(reinstated) We're in - Grab a data core and try to look cool while you're doing it. What you do with it after that is your own business.
(-5L) A mummy returned - Upload a moon mummy to Galaxploitation.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp: HP:2/3 Move: 3/4 (JAM empty) Mutation 2/5
Mutation - Ablative Limb: 1/Round, Reduce Move by 1 to cancel a successful attack.
Mutation - Limbic Inferno: +2 Move. Must take full move or suffer damage equal to unspent move.

Woah. This guy was almost as big as cousin Jethraaugh and twice as smart from the look of it. Jimglorp ran.

Improv (call 4): 1d6 1

He crashed into a tower of junk as he ran, it started to tip over and fell,

Junk Tower: 1d6 1

And completely missed the beast.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 11, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp: HP:2/3 Move: 2/4 (JAM empty) Mutation 2/5

ACT: Remove burn token

Wishlist: I hate the moon. Also I guess I need a squidpack.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 11, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp: HP: 3/3 Move: 2/4 (JAM empty) Mutation 2/5
On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 0

Jimglorp hopped on the weird bug and circled back around, he'd rather die than abandon good moonshine.

Jumping back to 18.06, moving through 17.05 and 17.06

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaxploitation Media
10L -> 0

Shay D. Sleazeweasel switched on his feed.

quote:

Tonight on Eyes on the Diaspora:

The Sub-Underminister of Topiary Design was replaced by an impostor last week. The fake was discovered after her weekly approval numbers were more than triple that of the real Sub-Underminister. Decree officials have invited her to run for the office after she pays her debt to society.

Warp the pounds away? D-Breakers share their weight loss success stories.

What are they hiding? Latest Aliens of Us cast alleges Myriad no more than cowards trying to kill anyone looking into the Between and press-ganging and brainwashing those foolish enough to make contact. Elba accused their air of mystery as an attempt to seem a greater force than they actually are.
The wreckers were slow getting results but the results were starting to come in. That moon mummy though, he'd have to set up an appointment with Necrotech to reanimate it into a moon queen for the flicks. As he looked at the photo again, the album cycled back through the rest of the photos Sh'Bang had uploaded to the sponsors.

quote:

Probably the combat stims he'd managed to snag off the display, but the number in the porthole was speaking to him. Number 13, twelve rivets... there was a crater at 12.13, was there something there? Ok, what else?

quote:

A7omiCz > Stop using Wrecking Crew footage, had to get wreckerpede legs to replace mine after the last assault by WCLTD legal.

Who were they to tell him what not to do? More new shows! Everyone running everywhere as fast as possible and... and he was starting to come down already. Time to sneak in an order for something stronger.

Juicer's delight - Process a combat stim with a medikit or Apiculture it, then upload it to Galaxploitation's Creative Developments department. Order it as a regular item without instant deployment instead of mounting it on a healdrone.
(-5L)Forgotten treasures of the moon? - Search the crater at 12.13
(-5L)It's a race! - Roll up a random coordinate, (1d20-1).(1d15-1), and reach yours (either in normal space or the Between) before anyone else reaches theirs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 0

Jimglorp started shouting commands, hoping the beast could be tamed like uncle Fido. "Sit! Heel! Bloom! Generate an unworldly glow!"

Jimglorp boosts

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 15

"Don't hurt me!"

quote:

Jimglorp takes no damage!

"Good dorg, have a treat!"

ACT: Tame the beast! Throwing the biological sample at it.

Wishlist: Send me some experimental stuff. I could also use mutagens and CS mods.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Circling around, same as last round's Move.

e: forgot to remove the sample
e2: edit does not equal quote

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 17, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaxploitation Media
5L -> 0

> INCOMING MESSAGE <

We'd like to thank Lucky Ted for hacking a gate open and would love to award him for it but unfortunately real hacking is dull and doesn't look anything like the exciting hacking scenes in the movies. We do appreciate footage of the gate opening and will attempt to reward Ted should we lose our limited status (void if Ted is responsible for that).

> END MESSAGE <

Shay D. was furious at the rate hike. How was a semi-honest company supposed to turn a profit when these clowns were driving up shipping costs? Something had to be done.

Challenge
(-5L) Restitution - Repair a destroyed drone and let it return to WC's shipping department. Try to upgrade it if you can.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If this monster wasn't going to be Jimglorp's friend he'd just leave. The two of them were deadlocked anyway.

improvise (call 3): 1d6 3
:gas:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"Dangit! Stupid dog, ya et my horse!"

Jimglorp was beyond pissed, all he'd wanted was a drink, yet the moon kept conspiring against him. No more. As the monster was busy chewing on his ride, he cracked open the cooler and scooped up everything.

ACT: Open the box!

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 23, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 52
Mutation - Unearthly Talons: 1d8/3 Attack

Jimglorp had it, his treasured moonshine and an even greater treasure on top of it, but he was getting cold. He needed to get back inside so he could read in peace and his restless leg was acting up anyway so he figured he'd make a run for it. The recording's message hinted that there was something in the mass grave but it would have to wait.

Jimglorp runs to 17.06, then 16.07

Wishlist: set me on fire with another heatdrone, have it bring a squidpack. Also a port-a-luxe so I can clean up future posts.

e: Forgot to fix things.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Nov 24, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 72

Jimglorp was tired of all the moon monsters, at this point he just wanted to chug the nail and go home.

Jimglorp takes cover

Wishlist: A squidpack so I can run. A port-a-luxe so I can clear out some of this inventory

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 25, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaxploitation Media
10 -> 5

The terminal gave a happy beep as it announced the last challenge slot unlocked. It was time to start making that money back selling ad space.There wasn't much for Shay D. to do right now besides hope Jimglorp didn't die, a full-time job interrupting what was basically a paid vacation, albeit a vacation where the hosts would have killed him for unauthorized use of their footage if making an example of a guest wasn't a huge breach in decorum.

Good on Jimglorp though, while people loved a good mystery box, you could only keep them hooked for so long. Eventually you had to open the box and pray something was in it or they'd get bored and leave you. Speaking of mystery boxes, just what exactly was that thing on the flipside of the unstable crater? Some of the wreckers in Between were still alive, maybe audiences would pay big bucks for a livecast of the thing.

Challenges
A word from our sponsors - ACT: Cut a promo for the sponsor fielding you or a sponsor you've entered into an exclusive sponsorship with
(-5L) What is it? Travel to b17.12

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimglorp: HP: 3/3 Move: 2/4 (JAM empty) Mutation 3/5
On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 72

Jimglorp had been waiting for this since the moment he'd learned there was moonshine on this miserable moon. He popped open the nail and began chugging the contents. Then he ate the rest of the nail.

ACT: CONSUME HOOCH

Wishlist: If I'm still alive, I could really use another spider. Also maybe a squidpack, a CS Module or a port-a-luxe

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 59
Moon-Mantis Sickles: 1d8/3P, May attack from Cover.

Jimglorp was still basking in the afterglow of the nail's moonshine when looked down at the weird itching sensation. He looked down at the long hooked claws in his foot that had now grown so long they ripped out of his boots. "Dagnabbit, my toenail needs trimming."

He suddenly realized he was still surrounded by robots and the big blue dog. His inebriated brain suddenly came up with a plan, "If I jump over the electric room, they'll run through it and get shocked!"

Jimglorp jumps to 13.06, flying past 15.06 and 14.06
Wishlist: I could use a Port-a-Luxe for these challenge items I picked up. Maybe an x-mod for my armor.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 28, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 59

Jimglorp took a good look at the monster through the Optiscope.

It was a ghost of Wreckmas past! Jimglorp didn't want to learn any valuable lessons about sharing so he ran and hid. His long toenails scraped the monster as he jumped away.

Attacking from Cover with Mantis Sickles +Optiscope (call 5): 1d10 7

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 29, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 65

Jimglorp consumes the corpse

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaxploitation Media
15L

"What do you mean banned? Too obscene? Fine, we'll just order a new one.

Challenge
Art wanted
- Slap together a logo for Galaxploitation.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

x2

Jimglorp: HP: 4/4 Move: 3/6 (JAM empty) Mutation 4/5
On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 71
Mutation - Moon-Mantis Sickles: 1d8/3P, May attack from Cover.
Mutation - Wrecktaur: +2 Move, unable to Mount.

Jimglorp felt kind of funny. He looked behind him and saw his butt had turned into a horse. This was awkward, though it did help carry all this crap he'd collected. He also itched all over. He didn't know why since the only talk his parents ever had with him was hungrily screaming as they tried to eat their young.

Jimglorp runs due south to 13.09, taking 1 HP damage if he's stopped at 13.08 and soaking damage with Ablative Limb if stopped at 13.07

Wishlist: I'm still being chased so send me an emergency flare. I could also use a second Jump-Assist Module

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

x2

Jimglorp: HP: 4/4 Move: 3/6 (JAM empty) Mutation 4/5
On hand Luxe: 3 Online Luxe 71
Mutation - Moon-Mantis Sickles: 1d8/3P, May attack from Cover.
Mutation - Wrecktaur: +2 Move, unable to Mount.

Jimglorp's molting left him in no condition to fight these jerks. He pulled the cord on his squidpack and beat a hasty retreat.

Retreating in place with squidpack

Wishlist: Really need an emergency Jump-Assist and a signal flare for whatever's coming next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaxploitation Media

Things weren't getting done, time to swap out some challenges.

Forgotten treasures of the moon? - Search the crater at 12.13
It's a race! - Roll up a random coordinate, (1d20-1).(1d15-1), and reach yours (either in normal space or the Between) before anyone else reaches theirs.
Stabilize it! - Process the probe fragment in the EDM Refiner
Do not press - Activate the prototype