Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
She woke with a start. She quickly lifted her head away from the pool of vomit lying where her mouth had been hovering just moments ago, and looked around. An empty, unfamiliar room, or cave, or something. Certainly didn't look like home. She was still wearing that flimsy gown from the party. The party, yes. The last thing she remembered, there was drinking, and dancing, and celebrations. Then a patch of fuzziness, a dream where she got to be a god for only 3 minutes, then black, then here. A dark place, completely alone. She noticed a box in one corner of the room, containing some unfamilar armour, some strange items, and something that was unmistakeably a weapon. Looking around, one of the 'walls' seemed to be lighter than the others, hopefully an exit to somewhere else. She gathered her meagre possessions, shook the dust off her hat, placed it on her head with a smile, and walked into a very strange land indeed.

Name: Hat
Portrait: https://i.imgur.com/U9mMJsA.png (or portrait 12 if not permissable)
Class: Neo-Soldat
Package: Survivor (CS Armor, Medikit, Motile BioCover)
1d20 Cyber: 1d20 5 Jacklegz© : +1 Move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
HP: 3/3
Move: 3
Augs: 1/3 Cyber (Jacklegz©), 0/2 Mutant

'Here' turned out to be an utterly strange dark-grey land, covered in craters, clearly ruined structures dotting what passed for a horizon. The stars were incredibly bright for night time, although the constellations were unfamiliar to Hat. She found an abandoned vehicle next to the cave entrance, a wreck, big enough for one person, containing three electric-blue canisters with strange writing on them, and nozzles that looked like they'd fit a similar-coloured port on her brand new full-body armour. She loaded them into her backpack and set off for the nearest large structure. Hopefully things would start making sense soon.

Moving to 04.04 > 03.03 > 02.03 > 02.02. Edited to full path.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 23, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

Hat was just nearing the massive structure when she saw two other figures wearing similar suits to her own in the distance. As she raised an arm in greeting, a dark shape suddenly darted out of a shallow crater. A vicious beast, clearly meaning harm to her or the other strangers. Just as quickly, a voice spoke as if they were right next to her ear:

AJ_Impy posted:

"Welcome, welcome! I am Katya Gureyevitch, I go by Katydid, and get down!" [Pew!] "That should do it. Keep yourselves safe or lay down some suppressive fire!"

"Suppressive... I should use my weapon, yes?" Hat noticed the weapon in her new friend's arms. It looked a lot fancier than her own, but the basics seemed similar enough. "So you hold it like this and point at that thing and then I just... squeeze..." [Pop!]

Supressing the Ventacle.
Edit: Loaning my MBC to Lucky Ted.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 23, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

- [HP: 1/3 ]

Hat
Luxe: 2

As Hat continued to shoot at the beast, it advanced on one of the strangers, rearing back to strike -

- and something went floomf out of her pack and intercepted the strike. Mortally wounded, the monster thrashed wildly at what someone called "the MBC" before another shot from the stranger killed it. The situation contained, Hat holstered her weapon and approached the others.

"What a fortuitous meeting! Thank you both for your assistance. My name is Hat, and I have a few questions. What is this place, why am I here, and what's happening?"

Action: Wide Scan. The MBC eats the Ventacle corpse to heal.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

- [HP: 2/3]

Hat

Hat stared at the device on her wrist. "OK, so I set this to wide and press the Scan button... It says there's four people inside that big building, a Felix, Aotzzzuo, Hievel, and Mutant Cortex. I'm guessing we should go and say hello?" She looked up, and saw that her two companions had retreated about 10 meters away from her. She was about to shout at them for abandoning her when an absolutely enormous... thing just thudded out of the sky where they'd been standing, and snatched them up. Hat stared at the hulking monstrosity in terror, her weapon arm slowly rising up, when Katydid's voice came over the speakers once again.

AJ_Impy posted:

"Broof'n! Swatter-2 reports all systems nominal. You okay back there, Ted? Hat, I can't fire Dr. J from in here without opening the hatches, so feel free to borrow it for the time being."

Katy's firearm was carefully dropped out of the side of the... vehicle?... and Hat quickly picked it up and inspected it. "Dr. Jankenstein, I presume?" Her original pistol was quickly stored in her pack, and she followed the lumbering machine as it made its way towards the building. Her first thought was wondering how to get one of these machines for Stårn's academy; her second thought was, if that's what people were using to fight, then what horrific beings were they about to fight?

Borrowing Dr. Jankenstein, Moving to 02.02. Katydid and Lucky Ted can look.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

The inside of the building was a bizarre mish-mash of metal, and Hat despaired of ever making sense of this strange world. Inside were three figures, one corpse and another giant stompy robot, this one with a hammer. One spoke to the new arrivals in a strange accent, before sending a small flying machine towards the robot beginning an even stranger low, humming chant at the robot. As Hat raised Dr. Jankenstein, they held out one hand, wanting their voice to do its work unaccompanied. The point made, Hat tried to pay closer attention to her surroundings. Was there any of this 'Luxe' that Katydid had mentioned to be found?

Boosting. The MBC leaves the Cortex corpse alone... for now.

Edit: it's a drone, not a drone!

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 28, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

The droning worked; the other pilot got out of their rig, was disarmed by some ghostly...thing... and was obeying instructions, when a weird crackling noise came out of everyone's wrist-things and yet another thing fell from the sky. A massive slab of metal crushed the poor, mind-controlled pilot instantly. Sensing that the danger had passed for a few moments, Hat made her way towards the group of people (sorry, two people and a cat) she hadn't already met.

"Hello! Thank you for... stopping whatever that thing was. My name's Hat, it's nice to meet you. Now, it sounds like the voice coming from our wrists is the same person who can control those metal shells that harmed our new friend, and that they want this impromptu group to split up. But like my old CO used to say, 'Never do what the enemy wants you to do!' So, maybe we should stick together, if maybe spread out a bit so we're not too tightly clumped up. You all look like you've much more experience at this than me, what are your thoughts on what to do next?" While the group conversed, Hat poked around the... 'rig factory' looking for any Luxe that was going spare.

Boosted Salvage: 1d6+1 7
Edit: I also check the Beta Rig pilot's pockets for stuff before feeding their body to my MBC. If that's not a valid thing, then just the feeding.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 30, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

- [HP: 3/3]

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 7

As the MBC tucked into another tasty snack, the wrist terminal beeped a short fanfare at Hat. "Let's see, 'You have been awarded 10 Luxe© for successfully completing the Sponsor Challenge set by "Gureyevitch Solutions": Can I see your license and registration: Defenestrate the joyrider aboard the GS Goliath. (Hatches count.)' Oh, that's not fair, that was the dude with the accent, Aotzzzuo. Hey! Camera people! Can you transfer that Luxe to their account for me, please? They deserve the reward."

She continued scrolling through the messages, slowly getting used to this new world. Another message popped up, another challenge issued. "Ticket to Ride - Be the first wrecker to ride all the Traxit routes on the map." Hat looked up the the sign on the wall, saying <- TRAXIT. Her mind made up, she addressed the group. "Hey, I'm gonna check out this TRAXIT business. Katy, do you want your gun back, or should I hold onto it for now?"

Transfer 10 Luxe from my account to Aotzzzuo's.
Rig Silo hexmates may peek. Moving to 03.02, then Traxiting to 07.04. Wheeeeeeee!
Depending on Katydid's response, giving Dr. Jankenstein back/keeping it for now.

Edit: "Thanks, Katy! Take care, and I'm sure I'll see you soon!"

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 31, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 7

As she made her way to the Traxit car, Hat tried to supress her smile. The kitty, Felix, was following her! She'd been chosen! All she had to do was play it cool a few more seconds, then they'd be trapped in the carriage with her and she would make such a fuss of the littlest furball, who's the absolute cutest Wrecker with such powerful weaponry, yes you are! Yes you are! Hat boarded the carriage and took the nearest seat that let her see the door she'd just come through.

The cat entered the carriage. The doors beeped their warnings, and closed.

The cat disappeared.

Hat pawed at the ground where Felix had stood just moments ago, but grasped nothing but air. She searched the carriage as it made its way towards the very large building. Not a sign. As the carriage slowed and lights announced their arrival at the station, Hat sighed, gathered her things and stood next to the door.

The doors beeped their warnings, and opened. From the platform, Felix fixed her with a long, languid stare, tail slowly swishing behind them. As Hat stepped off the traxit, the cat bounded ahead, towards a stranger, presumably drawn by the traxit's arrival.

Bee Bonk posted:

Maravilhoso, customers! The field meat around here is none too fresh, so step up and spec a looker at these lobes! Pass away, and you don't pay.

"And a hearty 'maravilhoso' to you, too! My name is Hat, and it looks like you've already made friends with Felix down there. And speaking of hats, may I just say, I love yours! Such sharp angles along the brim, that must really make the shillouette pop! I'm afraid I've no use for additional lungs this minute, but what I could use is some information." Hat pulled a piece of Luxe out of her pockets. "If you can tell me something useful about this place, where to go, where to avoid, I'll give you this. Tell me where the nearest bar is, I'll give you two."

Boosting.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 2, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 7 -> 5

Hat handed the merchant the promised 2 Luxe. "Hmm. 'Múmias e robôs assombrados' to the North, you say? I'll have to check it out." She jabbed at the screen of her wreck-terminal on her wrist; she was getting used to the technology. "Uh, 'Obrigado e adeus!'" The deal done, Hat looked at Felix; the cat seemed content where they were for the time being, so she trawled around the station looking for anything of value. She'd need money to spend at the bar, at least!

Boosted Salvage: 1d6+1 3

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 5 -> 8

There wasn't as much salvage in the Traxit station as there had been in the Rig Silo, but Hat still managed to find enough to recoup the cost of the merchant's information. The task done, it was time to explore the large structure she and Felix found themselves in. Hat wandered over to the cat. "Hey, Felix!", she said, trying to pat the cat's spacesuit's head. "I think we should go to the bar the nice man told us about. I know you're not a dog, so I won't ask you to follow me. What I will say is this: I'm going to go this way. If that coincidentally matches with where you're going, so much the better. If not, well, take care of yourself and I'll hopefully see you soon." With that, Hat stood up and started heading North, hoping - but by no means expecting - the cat to follow.

Felix can peek. Moving to 07.03 -> 08.03.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 8

And everything had been going so well. Felix was in front, taking charge of the whole operation, and Hat was content to follow the cat to the bar for a much-needed drink. Sadly, three of the prophesised robot assassins showed up at around the halfway point. As the MBCs ran in front of the two Wreckers, Hat quickly raised up Dr. Jankenstein and aimed for the largest of the three.

Attack and suppress on the Gammageist.
Attacking the Gammageist w/ Dr J: (calling shot:4): 1d8 2 Womp womp!
Edit: Dr. J has Junker Protocol, gets upscaled
Attacking the Gammageist w/ Dr J: (calling shot:4)(reroll): 1d10 1

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 6, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

As she squeezed the 'trigger', Dr. Jankenstein jumped in her arms with the recoil and the shot went way over the enemies' heads. Thankfully, their aim was equally as bad, kicking up sparks as they struck the moonbase's floor. Diving behind a nearby pipe, Hat had enough time to notice two red splotches added to the default map display. Death had come to the moon, two fellow combatants lost to the cruelty of this insane spectacle. Out of ideas for the moment, she mashed the 'Wide Scan' button. Hopefully, these three enemy robots were all that stood between her and lovely, lovely alcohol.

Doing a Wide Scan, Felix can peek at the results.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

The large robots took another shot, hitting the pipe Hat was covering behind. It wouldn't last much longer. The wrist terminal beeped its scan results: nothing nearby, and a reminder to drink more. Was... was the machine being sarcastic? Yet another shot pounded into the cheap metal piping. She looked around for another place to hide. As she was looking, a big flying thing swooped into the area, dropped two barrels near where Hat thought Felix was hiding, fired some ineffectual shots at the largest robot, and promptly turned around and left as quickly as it had came. Hat took a deep breath, and tried to hold Dr. Jankenstein in her arms the way Katydid had shown her. This next shot had to count.

Aiming. Edit: If Felix shares a Saf-T-Barrel with me, I'll take Hazmat C.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 9, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

The pipe she'd been hiding behind exploded in a shower of sparks. Now or never. Hat stepped out of her hiding place - and heard a loud drilling noise, then a bang. Felix! He'd taken down the Gammageist all by himself! "Wow! What a good kitty!" Hat said, in admiration. But that still left two other evil robots still standing. Making sure Felix was safely out of the way, Hat lifted up Dr. Jankenstein and fired.

Attacking the first Haunted Enforcer w/ Dr J: (calling shot:4): 1d12 8 [Edit: and suppressing!]

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 9, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

As the Gammageist fell, Hat saw its weapon turn in its hand, the barrel pointing straight at her, the muzzle flash-

-the world paused, a line of light connecting her and the enemy weapon, the MBC leaping too slow to intercept, the sparks showering from the second robot's head, thank the OGs she'd hit that at least-

-the thunk as the shot caught her square in the side-

-discontinuity-

-the world snapped back into place. She was lying on her side on the floor of the base, winded but thankfully free of any major pain. The shot had struck her recently acquired armour, leaving a small hole that seemed to ripple when she looked at it, the same kind of shimmer that sometimes accompanied Felix's teleportation movements. Hat got back to her feet. Two of the robots had fallen. One remained. Her Wreckterminal beeped; SCAN READY flashed up on the screen. She dragged the cursor on the map to where the Lung Bandit had said the bar was, and requested a scan. The last thing she needed right now was an unwelcome surprise.

Tight Scan on 10.02. Felix may peek at the results.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

The Wreckterminal on her wrist beeped its results. "Ah. Tight scans don't reach that far, but that's OK, because now we know there's another beast out there." Hat said out loud, partly for Felix's benefit, partly in the hope that hearing her own voice would calm her recently-shot nerves somewhat. "Well, anyway, we'll deal with that when the time comes. Right now, I plan to shoot this remaining robot, and then loot some robot bodies. Sound like a good idea?"

Aiming.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

Felix had a better idea. The cat disappeared, and seconds later Hat could hear a commotion coming from the remaining robot. Trusting her feline friend to finish the fight, Hat turned to the new message on her Wreckterminal. "Trouble shooting? Press >HERE< for discounted delivery on a free* Optiscope!"

"Ooh!" Hat said, tapping the screen as instructed.

*Item comes with coupon for refund on full purchase price. Coupon must be submitted in person at the offices of IPC LLC. at 9am, April 1st. Full price paid on despach.

Boosting.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

And finally, in their little corner of moonbase, there was quiet. Hat gave Felix a few appreciative pats for his invaluable assistance, then set about stripping the fallen robot monsters for anything of value.

As she set to work, another red splotch appeared on the map screen. Far too close for comfort. Hat reedoubled her efforts. The sooner she was at this promised bar, the better.

Boosted Salvage! I'd like to strip the Gammageist for parts and/or schematics to fulfill challenges, and the Haunted Enforcers for Luxe. I'm leaving the Dimensional Shambles for Felix, and will give him half of the Luxe generated.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 8 -> 31 -> 20

It was slow going - after all, she was unfamiliar with these machines, and thus didn't know a solid capacitor from a fried board - but usine the Wreckterminal's instructions, Hat managed to scrape out a decent haul of Luxe from the fallen machines, as well as the Gammageist's main weapon and some blueprints for robot legs. Once she'd taken everything of value that she could see, she walked over to Felix, who was sitting next to a delivery drone with her Optiscope inside, and gave him half of the rescued components. "Hey, kitty, you did real good there. You are the bestest most murderous kitty I ever met, and such a cutie too!" Hat scratched the cat behind the ears, as much as the feline spacesuit would allow for it. "C'mon then, kitty. Shall we make a move?" Hat pulled up the map on her Wreckterminal. "Here, is that purple bit down there growing?"

Giving Felix 11 Luxe. Attaching Optiscope to Dr. Jankenstein. Moving to 09.02 -> 10.02. Felix may peek.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 20

Hat had to admit, she was disappointed. She was hoping for a cosy pub, an affable and knowledgeable bartender, a fine selection of drinks from ales to spirits, someone on a strange instrument playing a haunting moon-tune, maybe an old codger nursing a pint willing to play a few games of Döminöes. A place to relax, and forget about your worries, and the insane bloodsport competition you'd found yourself in. The reality was stark: an drink-dispensing contraption and a scattered collection of tables and chairs. Even worse? The machine had a queue.

As Felix made himself comfortable on top of the machine, Hat read what passed for a menu. "Mare Campari", self-explanatory. "Blue Moon", looks like a gin drink made with something blue or violet. "Apollo 181", the Wreckterminal just returned pictures of Luxe. Unable to decide just what to choose right now, Hat tried to strike up a conversation with one of the Teeming Spectres. "Hey, so, uh...," she gestured at the menu. "...What's good?"

Boost.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

No response from the stranger. Fair enough. Hat waited her turn at the AutoCanteen in silence, watching Felix sleep on top of the machine. When her turn finally came, she just jabbed one of the buttons at random, took her drink, found an empty seat, raised her glass - "To the Unexpectable Horde, wherever the hell they are!", she said to herself as a toast - and took five minutes to consume the (hopefully lovely) booze. Cheers!

Once done she mooched around the bar, looking for anything valuable to take with her.

What to drink?: 1d3 2
One Blue Moon, please! Hat consumes the drink immediately. Boosted drinking and/or salvage.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

Mmmmmmm! Sweet OGs, that was the stuff. Quite a strong kick, pleasant lemony aftertaste, Hat could feel the warmth suffusing through her body. Ah, if there was a problem that couldn't be made better by alcohol, Hat hoped she'd never see it. And the machine had dispensed two canisters! She stuck the second drink in her pack; too much drink was how she ended up in this strange place, after all, even if her memory was still foggy on the details. With a contented sigh, she stood up. "OK, Felix," she said to her companion, "should we make a move?" She looked at the cat. He was batting his paws at nothing, a thin strand of drool hanging from his mouth and pooling in the bottom of his helmet. Hat chuckled to herself. "Yeah, best give it five minutes to work through our systems, hmm?" Hat sat back down at her table, and started to read the instructions on her new Squidpack.

"Aim", I guess. Accepting Squidpack.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

Hat closed her eyes for a quick power-nap.

Boost.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

She lay helpless in a pool of her own crimson blood. The two monarchs stood above her, smiling. In one smooth synchronous motion, they both raised a leg and aimed their feet at her head, before-

Hat woke with a start. That dream had the feel of memory, and yet... She shook her head. Time to face reality, the moon-based violent TV show she found herself stuck in. Hat looked across the sea of tables and saw Felix about to take the drink machine apart. She left him to it, and instead wandered the room, looking for anything valuable or useful.

Boosted salvaging the hex.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 20 -> 22

There was very little Luxe to be found in the "bar", presumably it was kept clean back when it was a working establishment, and detritus had not yet had a chance to build up. Hat gathered what scraps she could, and then checked that all her gear was present and correct. The noises from the vending machine had stopped, so Hat turned around and adressed her feline companion. Was his fur standing on end?

"OK then, Felix, I think it's time we made a move. Let's see, there's that crater just to our north that's part of some challenge thing, there's a data-y doodad just to our south, or we could go wherever, maybe find the dude in the really big gun and take him out? Look, I've been drinking, so my decision-making is probably impaired. So, here's my plan." She bent down and patted the cat on the head, only to flinch at the spark of static hitting her hand. "You lead, I follow."

Following Felix.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 22

Hat followed Felix south, to the data-doodad. They walked through corridors of strange machinery, mostly quiet save for the base's general background hum, reminding Hat of the few libraries she'd been in. As they approached the centre of the facility, though, the silence was pierced by the shrill whine of two turrets readying their attack. The milliner and the cat responded in kind.

Attacking the turret with Dr. J. (called shot: 4): 1d10 3

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

(+1) - [HP: 3/3]

Hat

She'd only had the one drink. It shouldn't be affecting her this much. But her shot sailed wide of the turret. A light on the Optiscope lit up. Hat crouched down to look a little closer at it, causing the turret's shot to miss her. Felix, that wonderful creature, was already making short work of the second turret, so Hat dashed to the central console. A variety of options appeared on the screen. "Security access?" Hat said to herself. "Will that stop the turrets from shooting us? Worth a shot, I guess."

Acquiring Security Access.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

"'Likely to expire after use'? Best save it for later, then." Hat said to herself (and Felix, if he was listening). She looked around for a piece of cover big enough to shield her from the other turret's increasingly threatening noises. "Guess we'll deal with you the old-fashioned way."

Aim.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

Hat 'hid' behind an overturned chair. It was nowhere near enough material to cover her from any shots from the turret, but it'd have to do. She made sure that her MBC was close by in case the worst happened. She felt Felix rub up against her, then he disappeared. That was normal.

He didn't reappear. That wasn't.

Hat thought she saw the vaguest shimmer by the south-west door, though that might have been an hallucination. Oh well. He'd proven himself vastly more capable than Hat expected, and she was sure she'd see the cat again soon. If nothing else, she'd have to order a box of dry cat food and give it a good shake; surely that'd make Felix come running!

Anyway, this turret had been a problem for long enough. Hat raised her weapon and fired.

Attack + Supress on the remaining turret (called shot: 4): 1d12+1 7

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

The turret 'died', sending sparks flying across the room and a small pile of debris littering the floor below its station. Looking over the backrest of the chair she was using as cover, Hat could see something glinting in the pile of parts. As always, after the battle came the looting.

Salvage the hex, including the Sensitive Remains.
If it's possible as a free ACT, then entering severance package init code URFIRED into the Crux Datacore. If not, then please ignore.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

- [HP: 3/3][HP: 5/5][HP: 5/5]

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 22 -> 29

Hat had just finished her collection of Luxe when two large drones arrived. Another delivery from strangers spending money coming from who knows where. The mysterious armour pack and assist flare were welcome, though Hat was surprised when the other drone released two large animals into her care. "Well, I hope they packed enough food for you, 'cos it's pretty scarce pickings around here, my new friends!"

She had just finished gathering the last of her stuff when another challenge notification came through, mentioning the Casus Belli she'd just gathered. "Ugh, sorry, Pertinax," she said to a nearby camera drone, "I meant to type that thing in as well, but I ran out of time with all these creatures. Sorry, gotta go, bye!" Hat shooed the camera drone away, made sure all her familiars were following, then set off south-west, hopefully to find another animal friend.

Moving to 09.03 -> 08.04 -> 08.05.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 29

Hat was glad to see Felix was okay, and had even received his own animal friends. She was less glad to see the body of one of their friends from the Rig Silo, and some unnaturally-shifting foliage. She raised her weapon-

The space flexed around them. A truly alien vista yawned ahead of them.

Hat was terrified. She looked around; no sign of the foul fauna, but everything was so unreal, it could be hiding anywhere. She looked at Felix; he seemed unpeturbed by this most recent development. Hat started to relax a little. If the cat wasn't panicing, then things couldn't be that bad. She tried to steady her pulse, and checked on the rest of the animals.

Well, that was unexpected! Boosting.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

With the rest of the menagerie taken care of, it was time to check out the other deliveries she'd recently received. The flare had a large "ONLY USE IN EMERGENCIES" notice, so Hat put that in her back pocket and examined the strange Armour Lootbox GEN had sent her. She started to read the instructions on the label...

Boosted opening of the CS Hack Pack lootbox.
Boosted Lootbox opening: 1d20 7 :confuoot:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
HP: 1/3

"Hmm, this isn't GEN-brand stuff at all, Felix," Hat said to her feline friend. "Let's see, 'Welcome to the Quickscell <<Socket-And-See>> Novelty Armour Sidegrade, where the exact nature of your product is revealed at the time of insertion! Simply shove the unit...', okay, so I turn it around and push here. Ah, there we go! 'The LABRAT model increases experimental data recovery by deliberately overcharging certain detected electrical sub-systems. As we say at Quickscell, <<Failure is the greatest teacher!>>' Ugh, it's a dud." Hat sat on the strange ground, and sighed. "Feels like everything's out to get me recently, you know? Present company excluded, of course. I dunno, maybe somebody up there's got it in for me." She rummaged in her bag for her water canteen. "I mean, what else can go wrong?" She nudged the air canisters to one side.

They exploded.

Hat was wreathed in flame, the hot metal shards of the canister burning hot as they pierced her flesh. She screamed from the pain, and ran. Tried to run back through whatever accursed portal had brought her here, to run back to where she had been minutes ago, the abandoned moonbase where things made at least a little sense.

EDIT: In the rush and confusion, Hat didn't notice her backup alcoholic drink and backup pistol fall out of the bag. Ah well, they were Felix's now.

Movement (Felix can peek):Using all my movement to go through the spatial attenuation and get back to the regular moon. I really hope this works!
Wishlist: Make the fire stop, please and thank you!

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 15, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat

Finally, the familar surroundings of the moonbase reappeared around her. The atmosphere - or rather, the lack of it - was biting cold, which combined with the eitr-infused flames on her body to create a most disagreeable sensation. Hat grabbed her Squidpack and deployed it, using its ink to shield herself from any potential threats and propelling her into the (relative) safety of the moonbase's interior, and its plentiful air supply.

Deploying Squidpack, retreating to 07.04.
Wishlist: A drone to fly up to me and put my fires out. I don't know what the correct wording for that is, so if someone could make that happen, I'd be very happy!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Hat
Expended items: Squidpack

Hat barely registered the presence of two fairly large figures watching a flaming humanoid squirt past them, leaving a vapour-trail of squid ink and charred flesh. She came to rest by the corner where she and Felix had encountered the Lung Bandit, who was nowhere to be seen at this time. A shame. Hat struggled to breathe some of the oxygen that was even now fuelling the flames that were consuming her. One final step. She grabbed the medikit from its special assigned pocket below her left shoulder, and injected its contents into her body. As the drugs took hold and her screaming dropped an octave or two, she saw that her prayers had been answered by the GEN corporation, and a foamdrone should be heading her way soon. She might just survive this, after all! With that done, Hat collapsed onto the floor, and awaited her fate.

Deploying medikit. A thousand blessings upon GEN, for recognising that staying alive is Trend!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

x3 - [HP: 3/3][HP: 5/5][HP: 5/5]

Hat
Expended Items: Squidpack, 1 Medikit

The GEN InInFlamatory FoamDrone found the prone, smouldering figure and emptied its reservoir of super-cooled foam onto her, surpressing the fire's source of oxygen and chilling Hat. The numbing effects of the medikit were wearing off slightly, but there was a new-found clarity in her mind. No longer acting on blind instinct, Hat could think again. Her first thought was: Dang, I'm still on fire! While the vast majority of the flames had indeed subsided, there was still some by her legs. Hat thought of the advice that her WreckTerminal had displayed just before the drone's arrival.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Please assume the following spatial positions, in sequence.

The first two were already taken care of, so Hat rolled her pain-filled body across the base's floor, hoping the flames would go out. She nudged the drone, causing it to drop two Medikits onto her, which were quickly pocketed before the rolling resumed.

Spending my Move action to stay in place and Stop, Drop and Roll, i.e. remove this last burn token. I hope this is a valid order!

EDIT: Like Felix, if this isn't a valid order, then just Aim.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 23, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

x3 - [HP: 3/3][HP: 5/5][HP: 5/5]

Hat

There just wasn't enough time. Hat had only begun to roll herself across the floor when the clomping footsteps of strangers approached her. She pulled herself upright, her legs still smouldering, and addressed the three figures. "Can this wait, lads? Now's a really bad time", she said by way of greeting.

The first soldier fired his weapon.

Hat quickly jumped out of the path of incoming fire and ran behind the wall of animals that had caught up to their scorched owner. She quickly brought Dr. Jankenstein to bear.

Attack + Suppress on Mutant Soldier 1: 1d10 5 Using Rampage...
Attack + Suppress on Mutant Soldier 2: 1d10 7 And with +Plasma, I think there's enough damage left for...
Attack + Suppress on Mutant Soldier 3: 1d10 3 Darn, but...
Meaty MeatMutt attacks Mutant Soldier 3: 1d6 1
I'd like the Macerating Biocover to block the first hit against me, if one lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

x3 - [HP: 2/3][HP: 5/5, Zzz][HP: 5/5]

Hat
Luxe In Hand: 29 -> 19

Two soldiers fell, their shots firing ineffectually into the base's ceiling. The third soldier's aim was true, and Hat was relieved to see one of her Biocover familiars intercept the shot. She dived behind another handy moonbase pillar, and tried to organise the mess in her backpack that was the result of this mad dash to saf- relative safety.

Deploying another medikit. Using 10 Luxe to reload the Squidpack. If possible, have the injured MBC consume Soldier #2.