Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Post
  • Reply
sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



A new challenger has appeared
Name: Frau Freiheit
Class: Neo-Soldat
Supply Roll: Supply Roll: 1d6 6 (Squidpack)
Cyber Roll: Cyber Roll: 1d20 12 (Quadlegs)
HP: 3
Move: 3 (2 + 1[Quadlegs])

Frau Freiheit first appeared on the solar stage as a troop mascot during the moon wars. When she had enlisted, top brass decided that she'd be portraying a powerful symbol to enhance the units morale, a theory that was proven after polling the 2% surviving members of her unit after their first joint operation. The survey returned a 50% satisfaction rate with the remains of the 100-man strong batallion, so she was kept on for the duration of the war. After the wars ended, Frau Freiheit drifted from reality show to reality show across the solar system, usually getting the boot within the first five episodes. Now her agent has arranged a rare opportunity to bring her career to unknown heights by signing her on to Wrecking Crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Frau Freiheit

[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quad Legs]

Frau scrambled out of the drop pod, eager to get away from that death trap. While she had survived the descent unscathed, she did not need to be reminded of the robe-making GBS threads terror that had been the way down. In her haste she didn't even notice the cold at first.
Heilige Scheiße, this is nearly as bad as the Moon Wars. Let's get this show on the road then.
Surveying her immediate surroundings she could make out some structures.
It seems like there are some signs of life close by, that'll probably attract the other wreckers as well, maybe someone wants to team up.

14.08 -> 13.07 -> 13.06

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Jan 23, 2018 around 10:12

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Frau Freiheit

[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quad Legs]

Frau took one look at the robotic enemies assembled in front of her, another look at the dinky little pistol she was carrying and pushed the button on her Squid Pack to get her out of there.

Action: Retreat to 13.06 using the Squid Pack


While the jet of ink was propelling her away, Frau took the time to update her Wishlist, in case any sponsor felt generous:
Highest priority is a proper weapon, otherwise cyber upgrades are always welcome

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Jan 24, 2018 around 22:31

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
Jetting into the Scavenger Camp, Frau recalled that there had been a sponsor challenge regarding them. Pulling up her terminal she looked at it again:

quote:

4. Retrieve Community Archive from Scavenger Camp.
+Do not anger the Scavenger Camp.
Hoping to earn that bounty, Frau headed to what she thought would be the dwelling of the community leader, to get access to their community archive and create the desired copy.
Negotiate access to Community Archive: 1d6 2

Wishlist:
Highest priority is a proper weapon, otherwise cyber upgrades are always welcome

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
Frau noticed the incoming acid storm warning on her HUD and decided it'd be a good idea to hunker down in the scavenger camp for the next turn. After warning the scavengers (though they probably already knew, living with this weather 28/8) she decided to get her hands dirty and help out with some manual labour around the camp.
Sacrifice move to help out around the camp


Wishlist:
Highest priority is a proper weapon, otherwise cyber upgrades are always welcome

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
Planning to weather the acid storm in the scavenger camp, Frau helped to perform any last-minute repairs to roofs around the camp.
stay put, help prepare the camp for the acid storm

Wishlist:
Highest priority is a proper weapon, otherwise cyber upgrades are always welcome

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
While the storm was passing, Frau tinkered with her Squid Pack.
Reset Squid Pack

Wishlist:
Highest priority is a proper weapon, otherwise cyber upgrades are always welcome

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
Frau questioned whether what she was doing was the most effective use of her time, but trying to take on the hirsute horrors or meth maws that were native to RIME with her dinky little pistol was suicidal, so she needed to earn some luxe so that sponsors would send her something to shoot with, and the safest way to get that was through the camp's records. So she stayed put and helped them with maintaining their weaponry.

no movement, keep grinding reputation [spoiler]

Wishlist:
[spoiler]Highest priority is a proper weapon, otherwise cyber upgrades are always welcome

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
Frau heard a small ding and checked her wreckterminal, a generous sponsor had seen fit to raid the retirement fund in order to send her a shiny new weapon!
Thank you Hideous Dynamics!
With the prospect of a new gun and the camp receiving her noticeably more friendly, Frau decided to see if she could convince them to part with a copy of their records now.

Negotiate for camp archives: 1d8 1

Wishlist:
Turn me into a beautiful chrome statue, all cyber, all the time.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2018 around 05:47

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
Urgh, this was leading nowhere, and now these people were starting to hit on her too! If she didn't want to go native, she'd have to move out soon, so time to see what's out there.

Scan

Wishlist:
Turn me into a beautiful chrome statue, all cyber, all the time.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2018 around 07:55

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]


move 12.06 -> 11.05 -> 10.05

Wishlist:
Turn me into a beautiful chrome statue, all cyber, all the time.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]


"Hmm, this will be useful" Frau exclaimed as she bent over to pick up her find.
Grab the relic clue

Wishlist (updated) :
anything that upscales attacks, a scope, the cyber enhancement, whatever.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]


Scan

Wishlist (updated) :
anything that upscales attacks, a scope, the cyber enhancement, whatever.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2018 around 21:43

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]


move 11.04 - > 11.03

Wishlist:
anything that upscales attacks, a scope, the cyber enhancement, whatever.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]


Frau came upon the supply drop, just as another wrecker arrived, only to find a mech was already guarding the drop.
When the wrecker offered a truce, she quickly agreed. Yeah, absolutely, I propose that I suppress with this baby and you improvise? Maybe we can disable this thing quickly. she offered while pointing at her new weapon courtesy of Hideous Dynamics.

suppress, unless there's a better plan

Wishlist:
anything that upscales attacks, a scope, the cyber enhancement, whatever.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:1 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]


Yeah, sure, that works for me, let's see if this was worth it! she replied positively as she popped the crate's locks.

Supply crate roll: 1d20 16 Rig Ripper


When the omni present camera drones weren't focused on her, she leaned in conspiratorially and proposed to scramble: Hey, how about we put on some screen play to scam the sponsors out of some luxe once we're in a less radio active place? You come up behind me, and "betray an ally" by "seizing my MCAD", we share the luxe 50:50. You in on sticking it to the Man?

Wishlist:
anything that upscales attacks, a scope, the cyber enhancement, whatever.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2018 around 05:35

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:1 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 11 / CYBER: Quadlegs]


That sounds good, Broofn!

Scramble can look:
movement: 11.03 - > 12.03 obfuscation


Wishlist:
anything that upscales attacks, a scope, the cyber enhancement, whatever.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Feb 6, 2018 around 07:15

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:1 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 11 / CYBER: Quadlegs]

Not Alex posted:

The two wreckers' footsteps echo in the darkened facility. Scramble looks around dubiously. "So are you getting the same ancient-robot-guardians-spring-to-life-the-moment-we-press-the-wrong-button vibe that I'm getting? It's that or some critter that's scary enough to keeps the scavs out and neat enough to pile its bones elsewhere. This place is way too clean for Rime."

"Well, nothing for it I suppose. Too many shinies to pass up."

Urgh, yeah, this is like some bad horror movie. Getting inside is all easy and nice, but as soon as we grab something you just know that some giant baddie will jump out of some dark, foreboding corner and start chasing us. Frau griped as she checked every corner and closet. What do you think we should grab first? My instincts would be to grab the Luxe and the Research Database now and the Schematics and the Sample if we get lucky and either kill whatever baddie turns up or remain undisturbed.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:1 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 11 / CYBER: Quadlegs]

So Scramble, how do you want to divy this up? I'll grab the database and you grab everything of value? We can then divy up the challenge reward once we get these puppies to a luxe crucible.

Scramble may peek:
scavenge an experimental sample

Wishlist:
An experimental medkit

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Feb 7, 2018 around 13:48

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Not Alex posted:


[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 17 luxe ]

"Hmm, my impulse is always to grab the good stuff first, in case you have to leg it. Plus if we do the smash and grab luxe salvaging last we don't risk breaking something we need to get into the vault."

Scramble will open the vault barring some emergency interjection from Frau. "I'm curious about the Zodiac schematics considering this all ends with it trying to kill us."

Action: Acquire Zodiac V-Schematics

I checked with Bee on discord and between the two of us we can still only get one of the top three options, I thought we might be able to get two of them if we grabbed them on the same turn. That means we'll have to decide next turn if the payout for the archive is going to be worth more or less than the immediate 6d6, especially considering that we have to lug the archive to a luxe uploader (like in the camp)
I think for now I'm going to switch to grab an experimental sample.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:1/2 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 11 / CYBER: Quadlegs]

Oh gently caress ME! Frau exclaims as three robots burst out of the closet she had just checked for hostiles.
Yeah, time to go. Those bots look nasty, and their plasma throwers are going to hurt. Let's split up and see if we can lure them into an Ambush.
As Frau starts running, she tosses Scramble her squid pack Judging from the announcement you'll need this more than I, let's meet up again at the Scan Tower and set up there to take them out.

Scramble may peek:
move to 11.02, transfer the squid pack to Scramble

Wishlist:
A medkit

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2018 around 13:56

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




[Frau Freiheit / HP:1/2 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 11 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
Of loving course it couldn't be a straight shot to get to the comms tower. As she see the Mutants approach, Frau jumps behind a large rock and shouts at them:
Hey, you guys want to earn some easy money without any risk of getting shot at? Just move along over there and get it! as she throws her luxe far away from herself

Bribe with 10 luxe, Cover if that's not a legal move

Wishlist:
A medkit

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Interstellar patriotische Cybernétiques

We here at ICP regret the loss of our first contestant to the many dangers of RIME. However, the light of liberty will shine on even as one martyr falls. As such we offer a challenge to the remaining wreckers:
Salvage the torch of liberty from Frau and light the Zodiac beacon with it

ICP Achieve a more perfect union today!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Interstellar patriotische Cybernétiques
Products so revolutionary, you'll think it's 1848


Karl LaFayette's pad chirped as a new wrecker request was registered. He picked it up and after reading it sent a quick text message to the logistics department.

TheMarquis: Ulyanov, get a drone ready and load it up with the newest model of our Teargas line Hazmat suit, the one from the Riot collection.
SealedTrain: Are you sure boss? The newest model is still half a year from completion, we have only just started animal testing.
TheMarquis: Yeah I'm sure, we've got a special customer down on RIME who specifically asked for a non-standard suit, so get to it.
SealedTrain: Well, It's their funeral, punching in the coords now.


Sending an experimental Hazmat Suit to Lucinda, spending 25 Luxe from Lucinda's account and 2 from the Wrecker Retirement Fund (25 bucks for the drone delivery, 2 for the experimental Hazmat gear)

Just as he put his pad down again, another notification sprang up. Grumps had requested that an autodoc be sent to his location. Unlike Hazmat gear, cyber augmentations were the core business of IPC, so Karl decided that this needed a personal touch. While slowly descending down the hollowed out asteroid that served as IPC's headquarter, he made the decision that rather than just sending a mainline, stable, well tested autodoc, Grumps would be the honored recipient of not one, but two autodocs from the limited and experimental Vanguard line that was only now leaving IPC's labs.
After he had loaded up the drone and entered the coordinates on RIME, LaFayette added a small handwritten note:
Welcome to the Vanguard Family Wrecker Grumps, Leaders of the Permanent Revolution in cyber technology

Sending two experimental Autodocs to Grumps, Spending (25+9+9) 43 Luxe from Grumps' account

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Feb 13, 2018 around 17:40

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Interstellar patriotische Cybernétiques
Making a Great Leap Forward into the future


IPC congratulates Wrecker Scramble for picking up the Torch of Liberty, we hope that she will make its light shine brightly across RIME.
In order to further advance the cause of glorious Revolution, we would like to offer two additional challenges:
Donate a gun to the camp in 08.03
Donate a gun to the camp in 13.06

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Interstellar Patriotische Cybernétiques
Carrying the fire of Revolution since the Neolithic


IPC would like to congratulate Wrecker Midge on their courage in the field of scientific advances, this is the kind of spirit required for truly revolutionary advances.
As a reward we are going to send you an experimental medkit filled with Nanites that should will repair radiation damage to your cellular structure.
In addition, we are also sending you an experimental Coffin Nail from our King-Killer series, the CFN-Guillotine 0.5. With its pinpoint precision it is going to topple even the most oppressive king of the battlefield, so use it in good health against Capricorn.
Send a delivery drone to Midge containing an experimental Medkit and an experimental Coffin Nail that deals bonus damage to mid and final bosses using 33 Luxe from Midge's account

To further incentivise experimentation we are also issuing a new persistent challenge:
- Use the QED Terminal within one turn of picking it up
We hope that every Wrecker will participate in the advancement of science!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Interstellar Patriotische Cybernétiques
It's the Springtime of Technologies!


Wrecker Grumps, IPC has heard your pleas and we're sending you the support you've been asking for. Chairman LaFayette has personally authorised the transfer of a Guerilla line Squidpack, an experimental medikit and a mainline IPC brand Autodoc.
We hope this will help you topple CAPRICORN.

Send a supply drone to Grumps containing an Experimental Medi-Kit v. 0.2 and a squidpack for 31 Luxe from Grumps' account
Send a supply drone to Grumps containing an Unlicensed Autodoc for 44 Luxe from Grumps' account

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Interstellar Patriotische Cybernétiques
Profits grow out of the barrel of a Gun


RIME: a deadly frontier. These are the voyages of the automated delivery drone SealedTrain1917. Its one turn mission: To deliver experimental ammunition and IPC brand cybernetics to wrecker Stev. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly wreck what no man has wrecked before.

To see the full episode, subscribe to the IPC streaming service and get the first month for free!

Send an experimental Coffin nail and an IPC brand autodoc to Stev, spending 51 luxe (25 delivery, 7 X Coffin Nail, 19 autodoc) using 45 luxe from Stev, 5 from IPC and 1 from Lucinda. Drop off an IOU with Lucinda.

Scramble: you have a ton of dough, if you want anything just say so.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Not Alex posted:

Scramble would not mind a couple of those boss targeting coffin nails. For uhh reasons.

Sure thing, two sound good?
IPC authorizes transfer of two experimental Coffin Nails to Scramble using 39 luxe from Scramble's account

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



IPC
Send an experimental glitch buster to Midge, paying 33 luxe from his account.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Interstellar Patriotische Cybernétiques
Liberté, Profiter, Fraternité


LaFayette was sitting in his office, watching the holostreams that showed everything happening on RIME. On a hunch he zoomed in on a series of cameras that seemed to show nothing really happening, but to his trained eye the lack of movement was also interesting. He leaned over and grabbed his holopad in order to adjust IPC's challenges:

quote:

Interstellar Patriotische Cybernétiques
1. Salvage Torch of Liberty from Freiheit and Light Zodiac Beacon
2. Investigate the camp in 08.03
3. Arm the Revolution: Donate a weapon to the camp in 13.06

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



IPC

The IPC Revolutionary Tribunal has seen the work of the ▌▃'▓'▇'▍▉'▐'▊▅'▂'▇.
We ask that a brave Wrecker Catch that bullet and transmat it

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



IPC authorizes transfer of two experimental Coffin Nails on one drone to wrecker Cryo using Cryo's and their own funds if Pertinax allows it.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Mar 21, 2018 around 00:51

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Interstellar Patriotische Cybernétiques
When we offer revolution, we don't mean orbital


Lafayette was sitting in his office, watching wrecker Cryo take down capricorn piece by piece. The survival of Grumps and Scramble earlier had been surprising and had already led him to put any pending deals regarding the the CAPRICORN production line on hold, clearly it wasn't as proficient as the producers of WC had intimated earlier.
His quiet contemplation was interrupted by a priority communications call from his chief of security:
Madame LaG: Boss, we haven't received any communications from our Plutonian deep space research station in six hours. Considering their earlier reports and the 5.5 hour communications lag, it's safe to assume that they have completely succumbed to the unknown attacker they reported earlier.
Lafayette: Does the attacker's profile still match the readings we're getting from that Rook creature on RIME?
MLG: it appears to be a cruder version of what we're observing there, so likely a prototype sent out ahead of the show to take us by surprise, considering the travel times involved, but overall, yes.
LF: So what are our options here? I don't want to have to employ a KKV from the main belt and scrap the base completely. Is there any chance that a strike team can take back the base?
MLG: The reports we have are spotty at best, and considering the capacity for mutation that the creature on RIME is exhibiting we really have no idea what that team would walk into. We really need to know more about what this thing is.
LF: Alright, I'll see what I can do about this with the folks over at WCLtd. In the event that this is a bust start the preparations to set up the KKV.
MLG: Will do.
LF: Oh, and one more thing, tell the folks down in the labs to finish up work on project TITAN, we're going to get those bastards at Rook back for this.


With the call finished, Lafayette began composing a message to the poor bastards stuck on RIME:
Current events have forced IPC to accelerate our time line on investigating the Rook Hive. To sweeten the deal for any Wrecker brave enough to do so we're increasing our bounty for investigating the scav camp from 10 to 20 luxe.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Not Alex posted:

30L 30L

Total exfiltration cost = 120
It's cheaper to leave these two items behind now and order two replacement items in the first round of next map. That way you pay just 30 luxe instead of 60

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013



Name: Mari Anne
Portrait:

Class: Neo Soldat
Hp: 3
Move: 2
Loadout:
Package 2 - Armiger
Cyber:
Cyber roll: 1d20 1 Eye Gear, all attacks are upscaled.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Apr 11, 2018 around 06:40

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Mari Anne HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Luxe: 0 Fuel: 0 Cyber: Eye Gear

Mari stumbled out of the pod and tried to shake off the urge to vomit after that insertion. Alright, time to get going.
Move to 07.17

Wishlist: Could some gracious Megacorp use the Retirement Fund to send me a DPM Pistol and a Medikit?

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Apr 13, 2018 around 19:59

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Mari Anne HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Luxe: 0 Fuel: 0 Cyber: Eye Gear

Mari saw the hulking form of Cryo approach and quickly took cover, maybe she wouldn't be noticed?

Take cover

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Mari Anne HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Luxe: 0 Fuel: 0 Cyber: Eye Gear

Well, the war hulk hadn't torn her to shreds, time to get a better idea of what was around her.

Scan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013




Mari Anne HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Luxe: 0 Fuel: 0 Cyber: Eye Gear

Well, time to move on. The jungle didn't look inviting, but what can you do?

Move to 06.17

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at Apr 16, 2018 around 06:13

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«5 »