Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 0/5


It feels great to get out of that bloodsport. I yawn and stretch my arms in the cozily dank underground passages. This is what makes New York such a great place to live; you can get everywhere you want to go without ever traveling above ground. That's a pretty neat trick, considering it's partly island!

As we move through the underground passages, I start seeing signs of abandoned squats. You always get squatters in the underneath, especially in winter; free space and heat. Back in the old days, according to Dad, there was a whole underground vagrant civilization under the streets, with its own language, architecture, "street" signs, and community. They used to put on plays and brew moonshine. But like a lot of things, it's gone downhill. There's still little flashes of brightness, though. Above one pile of what looks like abandoned laundry, I recognize a few chalked markings; real-deal hobo sign! There's an angel with a hand that means free food, the spiked mouth that means biting animal, and the circle with six lines that means Cockroach King. It's a prayer, which is to say, an open-ended bargain, asking for safety and succor. I take out my phone and snap a picture of it, to show the King later. Then I check the laundry to see if they left an offering.

Score! A bag of peanuts, and an unmarked bottle of booze! Good offering, dude. Proper respect.

I rip open the bag and start crunching the shells between my teeth. "Want some?" I offer to Maayo. "Free food is best food."

When we get to the pump room, I run my thumb down the damp wall and lick it. Sulfides, rock sweat, and that cobalt dye they add to marine gas. "We're near the river," I tell Maayo smugly, tryin' to look all Legolas and poo poo. I put my hand on the door. "Ready?" I ask him. "There might be bugs as big as rats and rats as big as dogs, if they've been getting into the Redleaf. You sure you're up to this poo poo?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

I shake my head, "Probably not." Piper was always a bit of an idealist. Not likely to understand the necessity for backroom — or bathroom — dealings with goblin smugglers. Still, handy enough with a gun. And given that something weird seems to be up... that may come in more handy than I would like. I motion at the hallway the guard disappeared down, "I don't like that. It doesn't feel right." Maybe I am being paranoid now, but that's part and parcel of guard work. I need this idiot to live through the night, at least long enough to give him the protective talisman, and get me back into the Lighthouse's good graces. "Where are you sitting tonight?"

I slip my focus out, the reassuring weight of the fountain pen settling into my hand, and channel power into it. Not the usual display of might you might want to cow an enemy or potential threat, but something more subtle. I'm not about to wreck the Gala, even if I do think it's stupid, but if someone else does...? Let's just say I'll be ready.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 2:06 PM
@Alex Reid (Tricky): 2d6+2 Alex does some Channeling = (5+3)+2 = 10

Holding 3+1

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)
-1 ongoing on any social interactions until he’s eaten.

My hand stops when it traces across the word "Infection" and the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Every instinct I'd got is yelling that I need to get out of there, and when I turn to see the horde of chompers getting ready to fall on top of us.

I whirl around and say, "Run! The trail goes this way!" Then, I tear off down the sewers without stopping to look if she's even following me.

@Tristan, the Vamp (Capfalcon): 2d6+1 Run from the Teeth Fairies = (5+1)+1 = 7
You leave something important behind
You suffer harm during your escape

cloneboy
May 7, 2014


Maayo

Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground

I don't know enough to get around on my own, but when I did some interviews with the mole people, they showed me how to find my way back to the surface. Most inhabited, or least trafficked areas are marked with a local dialect of hobo signs, always pointing toward an exit, though not always toward the nearest one, and some sort of symbol describing what's above, like if it's a good spot to busk or panhandle, any hazards in the area, and since late stage capitalism is so pervasive, the logos of any stores worth shopping or scavenging at. A few of those in the know also use fairy marks, which I can spot, but I never could quite get the hang of deciphering them.

I root around the gear a bit, seeing if I can figure out why whoever was here abandonded the place. I also check along the walls to find any markings, supernatural or otherwise, to try to get my bearings on the area and maybe get a heads-up on any risks up ahead.

SidekickBOT-Today at 4:55 PM posted:

@Maayo (cloneboy): 2d6+1 Snooping around in the underground = (5+6)+1 = 12

thelazyblank posted:

The best way in and out for normal people is the doorways you see. There's no other real ways in or out.

The inside of the pump room looks completely trashed, gnawed around and through by rat sized creatures. There's also the sign of a bipedal humanoid, barefoot.

The greatest danger is the mass of creatures that caused this. In a straight fight, you'd probably get overwhelmed.

I take a couple of peanuts from Fernweh and carefully crack open the shells in my hands. "I've gotta disagree a bit. Shared food is best food," I pop the seeds in my mouth, "but getting it for free does make it even better."

I feel for my Taser, relieved that security didn't check for weapons. It's a very small comfort, though, since I doubt it'll do much against giant bugs, but it's better than nothing, I guess. It's times like this that I kick myself for not accepting that Beretta my dad offered. "We just have to drop some bags around the room, right?"

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +1 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;☐☐☐☐ || Location: Running around in the sewer


I scan the perimter in case of any were-rats, or blobby sentient fatbergs. I sigh as the coast is clear and then hear something above us, like a four-legged creature. A sprinkle of dust falls from the ceiling and onto my nose. I look up and see two molars gnawing through the ceiling as more and more dust falls on me. The gigantic molars are atached to the smallest, most adorable fairy I have seen. Kind of like the tooth fairy, if the tooth fairy ate concrete instead of teeth.

"Tristan.. Be..Quiet." I slowly say as I turn my phone up to the ceiling. Dozens of mini-faries are up there, gnawing on the cieling. The dust itches my nose as Tristan looks up and freezes, seeing the danger.

"I have some te- te... teeth in my ca-" I lift my hand to my nose as the urge to sneeze gets more and more desperate. Tristan turns to me, annoyance on his face and I hold it in, barely.

With an amazing display of willpower I stop the urge to sneeze. I slowly back away, towards the exit. "Teeth in my car. We can use them to maybe bag one of these bug- "

CLAAAAAAAAANG, my head connects with a sewage pipe and I see a half-dozen beady eyes stare at us and advanced upon us, their hungry mouths asking for more than just teeth.

"RUN!" I scream and book it.

OOC posted:

Die roller don't fail me now, Im going with Tristan and getting the hell out of dodge. Triggering Escape the situation


SidekickBOT - Last Thursday at 6:55 PM
@Murphy (Exmond): 2d6+2 Running from the tooth faries = (1+4)+2 = 7

When you take advantage of an opening to escape a situation, roll
with Blood. On a hit, you get away. On a 10+, choose 1. On a 7-9,
choose 2:
• You suffer harm during your escape
• You end up in another dangerous situation
• You leave something important behind
• You owe someone a Debt for your escape
• You give in to your base nature and mark corruption


I pick in I give in to my base nature and makr corruption, and I owe Tristan a debt for helping my escape!

Exmond fucked around with this message at Jan 14, 2018 around 19:38

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Nessa

The soldier cringes, barely grabbing onto your arms. As you look at the soldier's wounds, the beast inside growls to you. Stalling. He's stalling. Einar looks over your head for a moment, as the Earl of Whispered Promises is seen whispering with an awkwardly leaning man, flowers in his hair and an awkward smile on his face.



A few nods were shared between the two of them, before Einar pulls your head back around, pulling on one of your ears. End this. Einar's face shows quite a bit of pain on his face. He seems to just be holding on, trying to make this take longer.

What do you do?

Fernweh & Maayo

The pump room seems full of three things: uneaten Redleaf, eaten Redleaf and an uncomfortable amount of naturally fertilized dirt. The directions were simple enough, just need to bury the main bag in the middle of the room, then do a small offering on top of the bag. The Hag wasn't clear what the other bag was for, whether it was a second chance, an offering or something else.

As you both scan the room, the sound of chittering is heard as a large rat with the head of a boar pops out of one of the holes in the wall. If the infestation is active, the chances of having enough time to do even the simplest of rituals might be difficult. Especially as more sounds of little boar ratlings are heard from behind the walls, echoing slightly.

What do you do?

Murphy & Tristan

Between the two of you, you figure out how to get away from the swarm of creatures as they scurry past and most likely back into the walls. The sharp smell of chemicals both masks the scent of the blood and probably your own as well. There's a trickling trail of blood down the hallway, stopping at a corpse on the ground but continuing down the same path.

Taking a closer look, the body is of Jim, the small sign of melted provolone on his rough beard being the major giveaway. His eyes are just sockets, and his chest looks like someone dug into him for parts. It's hard to tell which parts. The blood trail is more visible further into the industrial area, seemingly leading to a much smaller room at the end of this path.

What do you do?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 0/5

Tiny pigs? Rat-pigs? Noice! Never seen that before. That may be a first, even for the New York Underground. I wonder if a wizard did it?

I wonder, briefly, if my landlord would let me keep one for a pet. Prolly not. Fuckin' Ukrainian bastard.

"Think fast!" I shout to Maayo, and then I grab the bag of peanuts and sling them underhanded, scattering nuts and shells away from myself and across the other side of the room. Hopefully, the pig rats are hungry for something other than adorable fae-flesh and reasonably attractive human. "Keep them off my back. I've got to work some magic." I start humming the strains of an ancient magic song to pacify animals under my breath.

quote:

@Fernweh (OKShark): 2d6+0 Distract the rat-boar-pigs = (1+3)+0 = 4

The rat-boar-pigs don't even seem to notice the hobo offering. Dang.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

"...You're right," I say to Alex, as I see the guard move out of our sight. "I've got a bad feeling about this," It might just be me being paranoid, but my gut is telling me that something is about to go down, something bad. "I was sitting a few tables behind you, and I think it's time we head back," my eyes move around the hallway, scanning for any signs of potential danger around us, "Alex, I don't know what's about to happen, but watch out for yourself, okay? I get the feeling this party's going to get a lot more 'exciting' soon."

cloneboy
May 7, 2014


Maayo

Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground

I'm underground in a room full of magic drugs. The walls are teeming with giant pig-headed rats. A manic faerie dream girl just threw a bag of peanuts across the room and is now furiously humming the opening song to The Lion King. I've been on weirder dates, but this is definitely in the running for top 5.

The rat-boar doesn't seem immediately hostile, so I stand between it and Fernweh while leveling my taser at it.

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:29 PM posted:

@Maayo (cloneboy): 2d6+0 try not to provoke the rat-boar = (3+1)+0 = 4

I step without looking and slip on a patch of pungently fresh fertilizer. I reflexively squeeze the trigger on the taser while trying to keep my balance. The two prongs discharge across the room, loudly arcing with electricity as they fly through the air and land a foot to the left of the terrier-sized rat-hybrid. My dad would have me digging and re-filling fighting positions in the backyard for days if he were around to witness such terrible trigger discipline, and if that pig-faced rat wasn't pissed before, it definitely is now.

cloneboy fucked around with this message at Jan 19, 2018 around 00:43

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +1 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;☐☐☐☐ || Location: Running around in the sewer


As I turn to run I , gracefully as ever, slip and fall into the sewer. Something vile, nasty and a bit chewy enters my mouth and I sputter as a dozen beady eyes with much too large teeth descend upon me. I don't want to die like this is a thought I have, as well as I'd rather be at the revelry. Just as the faeries are about to descend upon me Tristan grabs me and hauls me up from the sewer. He almost hides the look of disgust.

Fortunately we have no time for arguments as the faeries swarm around us. I lift my jacket to shield myself and try to run, but they are too many. As a dark brown shape plops from my hair onto the ground I hear a small voice.

give in, waste them all

I wish I could say I paused, but it's been a bad day. I gave in, demonic fire covering my body and scorching a few of the fuckers. Bright light lit up my eyes as the demon blood in me howled for vengeance, and I delivered.

The faeries backed off, only for a moment, but before I could do anything more Tristan grabbed me and we ran down the hallway. Several turns we lost them in the sewer. I huffed and slowed down to a walk, and did my best to regain any sense of dignity.

"Jesus Christ!" I yell as I round the corner and see Tristan hovered over a body. For once I'm happy that about the sewer smell. Nice smell of bleach with a hint of chlorine, enough to sanitize last night's dinner going the rough way down. This body would stink if we could smell it.



"That Jim? It looks like he has been butchered!" I say as I go take a closer look.



I curse myself for forgetting my bag of teeth up at my car, and then take a look at Jim. I look behind us, remembering all those little eyes and large teeth. Hmmm, I do need to find the tooth fairy. I break out a small switch blade I keep with me and open the mouth of the deceased and start rooting around and after a few moments have a nice collection of teeth.



With my dirty work done I wipe my hands on my red leather jacket. Aha, I know what your thinking, I thought ahead. I assure you I did and this wasn't a fluke. I turn towards the door. Sorry, the door with the freaking BLOOD TRAIL leading up to it. I break out my shotgun, make sure it's loaded and point at the door and with my other hand grab a few teeth, ready to throw at any hungry angry fairies.



"Soooo.. What do you think those were back there?" I ask Tristan while moving slowly towards the door.

OOC posted:


Grabbing some teeth for a distraction if needed (and hey handy wizard tracking stuff if we need it)
Letting tristan take the lead here,

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm:1/5 (Light) || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)
-1 ongoing on any social interactions until he’s eaten.

When I half drag Murphy out of the sewer filth, I start to wonder why I invited her along. The sudden blast of hellfire serves as a timely reminder as we both made our escape.

------

After we lost them, we find ourselves looking over the body, and the first thing I notice is all the blood. And the second and third thing, too.

By the time I realize that Murphy's pried teeth out of Jim's mouth, she's already cleaning up and asking me questions. I sigh and rub my temples, saying , "This... this is not going to work." Realizing that Murphy probably has no idea what I'm talking about, I add, "Look, I have not eaten in days, and this was just supposed to be a quick favor for Old Pete. But, I can't focus like this. Especially with all the blood. So, just let me have a quick nip, and then we'll take keep looking for Malcom or whatever's left of him, ok?"

That's when her question finally processes and I add, "Oh. That. Not sure, but some faerie signs on the walls said "Infection." So, I'm pretty sure that we want to give them a wide berth."

Took one harm from misc. bumps and bruises.

Spending a debt to let Murphy feed off her.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: X|OO|OO || Corruption 1/5 || Location: Circle of Disputes

He grabs me, he holds me. He pulls at my ear like a child, trying to tease a reaction out of a friendly dog.

I am no dog.

There is a flurry of paws, of claws scratching and teeth biting and growling, and I am out of his grip.


I barely have a scratch on me. This guy's got no chance, he should just give up.

No. Let us continue. I lick my chops, where his blood still drips. I want more. I howl

quote:

Letting it out to take something from him, in this case his will to fight. I get 1 Corruption.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Jan 21, 2018 around 20:25

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME


Capfalcon posted:


Took one harm from misc. bumps and bruises.

Spending a debt to let Murphy feed off her.



Blood: +2 Heart: +1 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;☐☐☐☐ || Location: Running around in the sewer

Infected faeries? What kind of trouble is the tooth-fairy in. And a dead jim, that doesn't bode well. I knew jim was part of some big family, this might have some repercussions. Just as I add a few more problems to my allready giant list Tristan lays down another one.



"Uhh," I gulp and look at Tristan, "Like feeding or feeding? I just cut my hand and offer it to you? No vampiric embrace right?"



The last time I saw a vampire feeding it was some Twilight level of cheese. There's a time and place for that, but in a sewer, covered in muck, is not one of them. And hell, while Tristan seems okay maybe offer a girl dinner first before going for that kind of feeding. I offer my hand to Tristan and try to remain calm. I don't need to demon out now, and I don't think that Tristan would appreciate bloodfire going down his throat.



OOC posted:


Murphy says yes and fulfills a deal with Tristan.

If there isn't any super dangerous stuff happening afterwards, then let's open that door!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Alex & Piper

As soon as you say that, an inhuman scream followed by the sudden shattering of plates and glassware that seem to fall by the wayside. All of the pleasant background music stops, and the room seems to erupt in shouting and chaos. From here, it’s hard to tell exactly what is happening, but it isn’t pleasant.

The lights start to flicker, both in the main room and the hallway leading back there. There’s not much time to access the situation, but there haven’t been any signs of gunfire or obvious supernatural power as far as either of you can tell.

What do you do?

Maayo & Fernweh

The small swarm of creatures stop and what feels like a few dozen eyes turn red and begin glaring at the both of you. They know you’re here, and they’re definitely not going to let you get this done. As Fernweh steps forward, there’s a loud screech by one of them, and one of their legs points at each of you. They may not be able to speak, but they can definitely communicate.

The noise permeates the room, echoing in your ears, as other creatures pop out of the dirt beneath the two of you, nipping at your feet with little regard. They have different heads from the rat-boars, some of them looking vaguely humanoid in nature. Do either of you know the Tooth Fairy or Jim the Oracle?

Either way, they seem to be very intent on getting you out of this room. Staying in here is a bad choice, likely leading to getting bitten but it’s also the location needed for the ritual.

What do you do?

Tristan & Murphy

The feeding occurs, but without much time to fully appreciate the situation as a loud screech is heard in the distance. In itself, not exactly a problem, but it seems to cause some stirring in the ceiling. Luckily for you, nothing directly impacts your current situation.

The open doorway seems clear as you approach. Inside looks like a combination of a laboratory and a wizard’s sanctum. Highly technical machines mixed in with magical-looking sigils on the walls. It’s hard to decipher anything from outside the room, but there appears to be magical activity flaring up from the middle of the room.

What do you do?

Nessa

Einar’s eyes close as he slumps to the ground, unconscious from the variety of wounds. You can hear him still breathing but his will to keep fighting is gone. As you refocus on everything happening around you, the bright-haired one is moving away. You get a better look, do you recognize them?

OOC posted:

You can either roll Name to a Face for the Tribunal, or choose to know them or not know them and not care.

The crowd comes up to a cheer as the fight ends, and the staff escorts the both of you outside of the ring area. There are some customary gifts that they hand to you, the winner of the fight. Is it anything important? Anything worth keeping?

Old Leeroy is clapping in the back, appreciative but somewhat knowing. Do you think he knows what’s actually happening? Can you communicate with him in wolf form?

What do you do?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 1/5

Okay. I didn't want to do this. This is not only real-deal fae magic, but something in the neighborhood of an ancient family secret. It is absolutely not the kind of thing you do in front of outsiders. But what the hell, right? I don't see any other way past these things.

I toss the pouch to Maayo. "Get ready to bury it," I murmur. "I'm going to be... busy." Then, while hundreds of glittering black eyes focus on me, I slide a hand into my pocket. They bristle and chitter, as if they can understand that I'm reaching for a weapon. When my hand comes out a moment later holding a cell phone, they don't seem any more relaxed. In full view of the rats, I hold it aloft. Then, on its black glass surface, i draw the sigil of Hamelin, the universal calling rune for all rats and vermin. They can't not pay attention to me now.

"I the name of the blood we share, I call you. In the name of my father, I command you. In the name of the King, I bid you answer." Still making the sign, I raise my finger and touch the play button burning on the phone's screen. "In the name of the Cockroach King and the King... of Pop."

A tinny, driving bass beat fills the air, boosted on the wings of weird street magic. It enters the boar-rats ears, bypassing their tiny brains and heading directly to their spinal columns. Their noses and legs start twitching as they rise up en masse. I cock an imaginary hat on my head and swivel my heels, showing them the steps.

One of the many dark secrets of the Cockroach King is his deep and abiding love of elaborate, choreographed dance numbers. Why? Who knows. If you were ten thousand years old, you'd have weird hobbies too. It infects his children, and his children's children, unto the billionth generation. The semi-rats here can no more fail to answer now than they could to the first Pied Piper. And gently caress you if Michael ain't better than any old German rat-catcher. "Hurry," I tell Maayo. "You have until the song ends. And don't try to film this!" I warn him as I walk backwards in place.

Marking Corruption to use Bedlam. Instilling in the boar-rats the emotion of Love of Dance. Or, if you prefer, I make them feel Footloose.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2018 around 04:01

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground

I do my best to keep the pouch Fernweh tossed to me, and my jaw, from hitting the floor as I bear witness to the spectacle before me. I start to give serious consideration to those conspiracy theories about MJ's dancing ability being supernatural.

I snap out of it after a beat, and I turn around, dash to the middle of the room, and frantically claw through the damp topsoil. I start to drop the whole pouch in the hole when I remember Kazco mentioning that we wouldn't a need a ritual as long as we spread them out across the room. I try not to think about it too much as I push dirt back over the pouch and the hole, giving the ground an encouraging pat for good measure. Attempting to make sense of the situation while oversized, wrong-headed rodents perform a choreographed dance routine seems like a losing proposition.

"It's in the ground. Now what?"

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: X|OO|OO || Corruption 1/5 || Location: Circle of Disputes

Uh. So the liaison of the Tribunal amongst the Cartel is here. What for? Can't imagine, but this is the sort of information that can end up being important. Let's keep it in mind for now.

As I am in my animal form, I can't exactly pocket the medal they give out. At least the Lady of Disputes has been thoughtful enough to pin it on a sash before it was handed to me. I doubt it's going to be worth much, and hell, what if I get cursed if I try to sell it? I guess it's going to end up in my bag.

I can't exactly warn him in my wolf form. Canines can be pretty darn communicative when they need to be, but not with abstract stuff. Plus, I think he has some idea of what's going on. Probably a clearer one of what I have. I'm just going to stick around long enough that it's not going to be considered rude, then I'm going back to my territory. I've been away for too long already.


quote:

Rolled a 7 on Putting a name to a face.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Jan 26, 2018 around 22:57

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

And then the shoe drops. I look over at Piper and say, "...Yeah, I think that's a little too exciting. I need to find my 'date' and make sure he doesn't get killed. Or worse. You're good in a fight. I don't mind if you want to team up, but let's keep this quiet for now. I'd rather see them than get surprised and caught in some crossfire."

Putting action to my words, I begin moving back towards my table. It's a little rude to just assume she'll follow, but I suppose I can make it up later. If she brings it up. Lurking through the hallways, I make it back to the door that will lead out to the party proper. I open the door a crack and see what I can figure out without betraying my presence to whoever... or whatever... is out there.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 10:18 PM
@Alex Reid (Tricky): 2d6+2 Alex Keeps Her Cool = (5+1)+2 = 8

Attempting to avoid getting detected before figuring out what's going on.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jan 25, 2018 around 21:50

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +2 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1 The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;☐☐☐☐ || Location:Magic lab


Tristan wrinkle's his nose and grabs my hand. A quick slash across my hand and a thin red line appears. A few moments later and I'm a bit light-headed, wouldn't mind sitting down and resting, maybe on a particular vamp- Sharp screams of something wakes me up from my stupor and both me and Tristan hastily make our way to the door.

Dozens of beakers are scattered haphazardly on a lab table, bun burners are everywhere, some of them on and leaving an acrid smell in the air. A small makeshift bed lies in the distance, next to a large bronze warding circle. And, as if the blood trail wasn't enough, a skull sits next to some boo- no, wait. A skull sits next to some porno magazines. Classy.

"Uhhh, this looks to be like some kind of safe house," I say to Tristan as I investigate. Investigate might be a loose word to describe it, looting and scavenging might be better. I pick up a book there , stuff it in my hockey bag, a spare doll here, and hey, a bottle of gin! I cautiously look around, trying to find out where the blood is coming from.

"Tristan... What exactly was your wizard buddy working on?" I ask.

OOC posted:

Im rolling Investigate a place of power, and since this place is tribual, I roll with a +1

@Murphy (Exmond): 2d6+1 Investigate this lab (Tribunal) = (1+5)+1 = 7

When you investigate a place of power, roll with the Faction that owns it. On a hit, you see below the surface to the reality underneath.

Also I advanced, so I pick up heart +1, remember folks Murphy cares and would rather talk about things than have to use her shotgun.

Also MC, where did the blood come from, is there a trail in here as well?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Jan 25, 2018 around 23:08

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 1/5

"I don't know," I shout to Maayo, as I swipe the right leg in, seven, eight. One, that's a chase, right, left, one. Tap the (invisible) hat real quick, and two. "Is it glowing? If it isn't glowing, try bleeding on it." Swoop the right foot, seven, eight, pose, one. "Mortal blood is basically magic kerosene." Right, left, kick. "Listen, this is harder than it looks. Figure it out."

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground

Well, this bag doesn't appear to be glowing, but maybe I just can't tell because I just buried it. I glance at the group of dancing rats, and I figure I'd rather lose a few ounces of blood than have them swarm me, so I take out my pocket knife, slash across my left palm before I can think myself out of doing it, and I pump my fingers open and closed, squeezing tight to squeeze a healthy trickle of blood over the dirt over the bag.

Since I'm already literally pouring my blood and sweat into this, I figure I might as well ham it up. I stick my taser into the dirt, pull the trigger for a contact stun, and channel my inner Gene Wilder.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm:1 0/5 (Light) || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)
-1 ongoing on any social interactions until he’s eaten.

Ohhhhh, that hits the spot. It's even got a slightly smokey tang. I wonder if that's the demon I'm tasting?

Before I can savor it more, a screech breaks me out of my daze. After a moment passes and nothing happens, I wipe my mouth, and say, "Thanks. Let's get going."

----------

When we get inside, I give her a sidelong look when she starts putting things in her bag, but I don't say anything. I don't object per se, but it just seems tacky at the moment.

In response to her question, I shrug and say, "I thought he was more of an oracle. And Old Pete asked me to look for him too. Can't say I know what's going on with this ritual nonsense."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

...When I said things were going to get exciting, I wasn't expecting it to happen that fast. I look back at Alex, and say, "...I should probably do the same. Teaming up doesn't sound like that bad of an idea. Two heads are better than one, after all. Lemme just get rid of these things, first," I begin to take off the (very) expensive heels Alistair got me, and toss them away. Ah, sweet relief, "Alright, let's go."

I follow close behind Alex as we skulk down the hallways, and as she's peaking through the doorway, I take out the dagger I have hidden in my dress. I couldn't bring my sword or crossbow in, so this'll have to do for now. I just hope it's enough to deal with whatever's causing all that commotion.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Nessa

On your way out, Old Leeroy nods as you pass by, not speaking but showing appreciation for everything you’ve done for him. He’s gone just as fast as you are, back to his

Before you can even get back to your territory fully, you can smell that there’s trouble ahead. The smell of blood seems to drift directly from the core of your territory. Is there a special place that you call your own?

Either way, it seems to be coming from the location of where you do most of the official Cartel business, when you have to. The smell shows violence, but no gun fire or obvious destructive magic. Whoever was or is doing this is trying to be careful. They’re coming for a direct goal, not just to bust up your stuff.

What do you do?

Fernweh & Maayo

As the blood drops upon the ground, the entire room turns a bright orange and red. The dance number continues while this happens, but some of the creatures begin to fall in well-timed beats.

OOC posted:

Maayo, take 1 harm (AP, if it matters) or make a Keep Your Cool roll to try to mitigate the damage, knowing other bad things can happen.

You both notice that only the room you’re in appears to be affected by the ritual in question. The monsters inside are falling and disintegrating, but the ones outside are continuing to dance, if they’re part of this. The good news, the creatures don’t seem to recognize whatever is happening, like they’re being returned to another form. The bad news, there’s still a lot of them, and those still around seem to know how the tune goes.

Fernweh’s spell has another 30 seconds, at best, before it ends.

What do you do?

Tristan & Murphy

Murphy, when you look into the lab and the surroundings, you sense that corruption that was mentioned before. It isn’t like you, or other demons. Not like anything you’ve ever sensed before. Whatever it was, it felt raw and primordial. You can tie little trails to some of the creature that you’ve run into, but it’s been forced into them. Likely by some of the equipment in the lab.

Things get really unusual when the sounds of Smooth Criminal interrupt your attempt to pillage the magic lab. As if on cue, a screeching alarm goes off in the room you’re in. It isn’t directly affecting either of you, but it definitely will bring attention to your location. About that same time, you hear a voice, sounding very weak. “Please.. Help..”

Over the screeching, you hear the sound of something big, growling from down the tunnels, either recently activated or awakened. “Who goes there?!”

What do you do?

Alex & Piper

As you sneak back into the main hall, the two of you see the same thing. There’s a number of weapons drawn, both guns and medieval weapons, and they’re being pointed all over the place. The security people are aiming them at one another, along with some of the guests. It’s hard to tell exactly what’s going on, but they keep shouting about shapeshifters and causing chaos. Dmitri currently has one of his wizard implements pointed at what appears to be a demon, threateningly.

The most important guests, at least for the two of you, seem to be far away from the trouble and the shouting. Leonard seems to be quietly standing back, his hands up in the air, trying to seem as harmless as possible. It isn’t difficult for him. Alistair appears to have tried to hide behind both his chair and his siblings, and seems to be in a far more panicked state. He’s mumbling at quite the speed.

Two different men, looking exactly like the security guard from the bathroom hallway, can be seen high up on the ceiling, looking to dive down onto both Leonard and Alistair, large knives drawn already. They’re clearly not human, but their outward face wouldn’t give it away if it wasn’t for their position. Unless you break out of your hiding place, your clients are going to be dead in short order.

What do you do?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 2/5


Y'know, I really didn't want to do this. Killin', i mean. I mean, these things are vermin, my dad's vermin, I'm vermin... it's basically letting down the fuckin' side. But my word is my bond, right?

Right.

"Get your feet off the floor," I yell to Maayo, as the song nears its finale. "poo poo's about to get rekt."

Then I do it. The ultimate lure. The thing you gotta be a faerie or have special shoes to do; the Antigravity Lean. I lean in hard, swaying back from the doorway at an improbable angle, sending out my magic to draw them in towards the ritual.

@Fernweh (OKShark): 2d6 Letting It (the Rhythm) Out = (4+5) = 9

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: 0/5 (Fine) || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)

When the music starts, I look around, puzzled. It takes me a second to place it before I snap my fingers and say, "Smooth Crimimal! Was going to bug me all night."

When the alarm starts and the voice growls, I decide that it's time to cut out losses. I yell, "Murphy, grab him and let's get out of here!"

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME


Capfalcon posted:


Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: 0/5 (Fine) || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)

When the music starts, I look around, puzzled. It takes me a second to place it before I snap my fingers and say, "Smooth Crimimal! Was going to bug me all night."

When the alarm starts and the voice growls, I decide that it's time to cut out losses. I yell, "Murphy, grab him and let's get out of here!"


Blood: +2 Heart: +2 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1 The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;☐☐☐☐ || Location:Magic lab

Things were looking good. I was doing a bit of "investigating", collecting some random wizard knick-knacks and the slime from the sewer was drying out on my jacket. And then the poo poo hits the fan, alarms blaring, some Michael Jackson booming from somewhere and some ominous voice (My bet where the corruption was coming from) yelling at us.

Tristan motioned towards where he had heard the voice and I rushed over, expecting to see the worst. Whoever was there needed help and boss man wanted to get out of here fast, worked for me.

As for the ominious voice..

"Just the house sitters! The noisy neighbours upstairs are blaring some music! Just gonna go over there and ask them to quiet down!"

OOC posted:

Following Tristan's orders, picking up whoever is asking for help (Might pause if they are like.. on fire or something) and I am yelling at the "Who goes there" that we are.. the house sitters.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

poo poo. No time for a clever plan. I tug at the threads of fate surrounding Piper. I don't have time to explain the deeper theory behind it, but suffice to say that people will find their luck turning when they attempt to confront us. I don't know what these creatures are, nor why they seem to be interested in assassinating two harmless-looking idiots, but I have a job to do. I pull my glock out, thumb off the safety, and begin spraying fire at the one above Leonard.

Spending all of my channeling hold on two uses of Area Shielding to give myself and Piper 2-armor for the remainder of the scene.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:52 AM
@Alex Reid (Tricky): 2d6-1 unleash on the assassin = (3+3)-1 = 5

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: X|OO|OO || Corruption 1/5 || Location: East Harlem, Nessa's territory

Normally, I sleep in the basement of the Cohen family. Their grandmother practically never leaves the house, and she doesn't seem to sleep, as she always greets me when I go to crash at their place, wheter that happens at 9 or 2 AM, human or beast.

But of course, I don't do Cartel business there. The whole reason I'm doing this is to avoid dragging these people into Cartel horseshit. I made it known that if those chucklefucks want to talk to me, they can wait at the crossroads where my territory begins. Of course, them being chucklefucks, they often decide that it's much more fun to look for me when I'm doing my rounds, scaring my people in the process.

And the one time they decide to stick to my rules when poking their noses in my place, they manage to make trouble anyway. Fuckers. I race towards the source of trouble, my legs kicking off bits of trash as I go.

quote:

Rolled a 5 on my Keep your cool roll to sneak up on them.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2018 around 12:39

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground

At Fernweh's warning, I wrap a handkerchief around my hand, then jump up and grab an over head pipe, hoping that the wound in my hand a) doesn't make me slip, b) doesn't get infected, and c) that Fernweh's spell doesn't affect me because there's no way I'm falling over in a mound of fertilizer twice in the same day.

SidekickBOT-Today at 9:23 AM posted:

@Maayo (cloneboy): 2d6 avoid faceplanting in the dirt = (2+4) = 6

The hastily wrapped handercheif comes undone, and I lose my grip on the pipe. I reflexively put my hands out to break my fall as I pitch forward, digging my exposed wound into the dirt.

Great.

At the very least, I try to roll on my back and put my feet in the air, hoping Fernweh meant that I specifically had to keep just me feet off the ground.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

Oh, hell. This is bad. Turns out Alistair wasn't making any of that stuff up after all, and there really are people who are out to get him. I don't know why anybody would ever go after that idiot, but I'm not going to let him, or his family, die tonight.

As soon as Alex open fires on one of the assassins, I take out one of my knives, and swiftly toss it at the other one, aiming it at the arm holding the large knife.

quote:

@Piper Steele (Hugzilla): 2d6+1 unleashing on the assassin = (3+6)+1 = 10
That should be 2-harm, and I pick to Take something from them (Their weapon).

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Fernweh & Maayo

Fernweh leans back, holding herself at an impossible angle. The rats and other creatures try to follow along, but lose their footing. They start to fly through the nearby rooms, as if a large vacuum are sucking them in. Unfortunately for Maayo, he forgot the key was just to keep his feet off flat surfaces. His feet try to force him to make like Walken in Weapon of Choice, and he immediately ends up floating in the air, surrounded by little popping creatures.

However, as the lean stops, Maayo gets dropped right into another pile of manure, this one with some active redleaf plants in it. What's the one reason you don't want to fall into redleaf?

Fernweh's phone lights up with a call from Kazco. Did he have your number before?

OOC posted:

Maayo, take 1-harm from the fall, it was hard enough to hurt but not enough to cause serious trauma. However, for both of you, your job is done.

What do you do?

Nessa

As you get to your home, you notice that a few of your crew have been knocked unconscious outside the door. Are they normally securing things here, or on a patrol?

Once you get inside, you notice that the elder Mrs. Cohen is being held at gunpoint by one of the masked men. You can smell that he's either Cartel or just mugged one of them and took all their clothes. As you take a step inside, two more appear behind you, very odd looking pistols in their hands, modified for some sort of syringe payload. You can't seem to smell the other two, as if they're masked completely by magic. The one holding Mrs. Cohen at gunpoint looks backwards, speaking in a robotic tone, voice muffled.

"Oh, good, you came. This is a robbery now, I'd say."

What do you do?

Tristan & Murphy

Murphy, good news for you, that was the sound of a weakened Tooth Fairy, a piece of skin clearly torn off of his arm. Unfortunately, right next to him is an unconscious man who looks rather wizardly. The Tooth Fairy can barely speak, but can walk by himself. They're both shackled weakly to the wall, which shouldn't be too difficult for someone with demonic or even vampiric strength.

"You need to help.. Malcolm. He's.. been knocked out.."

As he talks, the voice from down the sewer tunnel walks under one of the far lights. There stands at least one creature, with multiple heads sewn on to match the first, an ancient stone head. It looks robotic in gait, stomping towards you. A few mouths move at once, saying the same exact words.

"No visitors! No housesitters! No mercy!"

What do you do?

Piper & Alex

The gunshot fires wide from the target, but the knife strikes true in the forehead of the shapeshifter. That's when things start to get gross. The shapeshifter pops immediately into a pile of purple-ish sludge, flying and sticking to the window while still showing signs of inside-out skin wrapped up inside. The splotch is still moving.. or at least dripping down the nearby window.

The other assassin, still in one piece, looks straight into Alex's eyes, smiling with some unreal-looking sharks' teeth. She can hear a voice directly in her head. "Fatebreaker. The darkness co.." Unfortunately, for the shapeshifter in question, a thin faerie blade slices him at the neck, turning him into a splotch onto the nearby table. That one is definitely still moving, sliding around the table.

Unfortunately for Alex, the faerie blade belongs to the Great Prince of Summer, who's standing uncomfortably close to Leonard. Your head seems foggy from the sudden mental intrusion and the sudden cut from it. He doesn't seem to know who Leonard is yet, which is good.

At this point, the stalemate of screaming and fingerpointing gets brought into full gear, gunshots being fired both from now-obvious shapeshifters and daemon security, along with hidden and ceremonial weapons being drawn. Chaos has erupted.

What do you do?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 2/5

I return myself to vertical with the power of cool. Nice! Physics is for fools and mortals. Speaking of which...

I go over and offer Maayo a hand up. Silly human, always getting hurt. Speaking of which, I get back a bloody hand for my trouble. While I'm idly licking his blood off my hand, I ponder whether I should heal him. I mean, I cooooooould, but...

Oh, hey. Kazco's calling. But I never gave him my number, because he's kind of a douche. How's he calling? Has he been tracking me? Did he hack my phone? Did he use magic to set this up as an elaborate trap? Has he secretly been plotting revenge for years?

Or did he just ask any of my, like, hundreds of friends around town what my number was? Yeah, probably that one.

"'Sup, Kaz," I say. "Your problem is totally one hundred percent solved thus legally and permanently negating all possible debts between us. Garbage fae; they get the job done! Anyway, while I'd like to accept your copious gratitude in person, me and the human sidekick are going out for celebratory ramen."

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +2 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1 The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;☐☐☐☐ || Location:Magic lab


"Hey I was looking for you!" I mention to the tooth fairy as I rush over to check his injuries. He mumbles something about Malcom and I yell for Tristan to help. Before I can assess the injuries something big, nasty and with way too many heads up emerges from the tunnel. It's massive and looks very angry.

I take a deep breath and give a confident smile to the tooth fairy. "Don't worry, I can negotiate with mons-"

"No visitors! No house sitters! No mercy!"

"ters." I finish lamely. Looks like negotiations are out. I try, really I do try to talk before unleashing my shotgun. I vault over a ruined lab table and unzip my hockey bag, some of my ill gotten gains fall out, but my trusty old shotgun is there.


"Tristan! Get them out of here" I yell, and then flick off the safety on the shotgun and load the gun. I yell over at the multiple head monster "Hey Shagnasty! Over here!"

I aim for the kneecaps (See I care!) and pull the trigger.



OOC posted:

Aiming to draw Shagnasty away from Tristan and the tooth fairy.

Using Pump-action shotgun (3-harm close loud messy)

SidekickBOT-Today at 6:25 PM
@Murphy (Exmond): 2d6 + 2 Kneecaping Shagnasty = (5+3)+2 = 10

I will try to take their mobility away from the multiple headed beast (I sure hope it has knee caps)

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: 0/5 (Fine) || Corruption: 1/5 || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)

*BANG*

I flinch at the sound of of the shotgun exploding in the small room, but I keep my eyes on the prize. Lunging across the room, I grab the pair of shackles, and still feeling a bit punchy from the demon-tainted blood pumping in my veins, I rip both shackles out of the wall without slowing down.

Which is good, since Murphy's got a fight with a stone-ish monstrosity on her hands. Hosting Malcolm on my back, I yell over my shoulder, "After this, drinks are on me, Murphy." Then, I sprint for the exit, putting on a little burst of vampiric speed to make sure I get Malcolm to safety.

Crushed the run away with a 13.
Let's go with a point of corruption. Tristan's really leaning on his vampire nature, here.

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground

I stand up with Fernweh's help, and I look at my hand. One of the broad leaves of a redleaf plant prevented me from getting manure in my open wound, but the plant's effects are becoming apparent. The blood from my has noticibly coagulated, but it is still flowing rather freely, with a consistency like maple syrup. I rewrap my hand and grab some redleaf for later study.

Now that the coast is clear, I take out my phone and snap a picture of the grow room. I attach the image and a geotag to a text that reads, "Thought you might be interested in this" and send it to Nessa.

"Ramen sounds amazing right now," I say to Fernweh, then I hear the unmistakable blast of a shotgun.

cloneboy fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2018 around 21:53

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: X|OO|OO || Corruption 1/5 || Location: East Harlem, Nessa's territory

I growl in frustration. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. The terror on Mrs. Cohen face hurts, it hurts so bad. I gotta get these thugs off of her, but if I go for this masked rear end in a top hat's jugular, they're going to hurt her.

Calm down. Gotta play it smart. The Mutt has to take a back seat for now. I force my canine form to utter human words. It hurts my throat and I sound like a chain-smoking caveman, but sometimes it's needed.

"What you want?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

I bite out a very technical, very vehement oath when I see who's ended up next to Leonard. The poor bastard must have pissed off some ancient deity, as well as the Courts, because it was rare for someone's luck to be that bad. Trust me. I'm an expert. I need to think fast. I need to turn this steaming pile of excrement into an opportunity. In a voice that's not quite a shout, but very audible despite the din, I say, "Great Prince of Summer! Lend me your blade as we vanquish this foe!"

Honestly, I don't care what he does as long as he gets away from Leonard. It'd be optimal if he dedicated himself to eliminating the doppelganger threat, of course, but I'm quite confident in Piper's capacity for violence... particularly when cloaked in my shielding.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Thursday at 9:48 AM
@Alex Reid (Tricky): 2d6+1 Attempt to distract the Great Prince = (4+1)+1 = 6

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

Taking advantage of the chaos, I deftly make my way across ballroom, using the fallen over tables as cover, until I manage to make it to Alistair and Leonard's side. Before the frightened Alistair can say anything to me, I speak up first, "Alright, listen up. You," I point to Alistair, "And you," I point to Leonard, "I'm going to get you all out of here, but I need you all to follow everything I say, got it?" Once I got confirmation from them, I begin leading them out of the warzone, stopping every now and then to have them take cover from the incoming bullets. After an incredibly tense few minutes, which felt like eternity, I could see the exit in sight, but the way isn't clear. Not yet. We just need to wait for the right opportunity. As long as nobody does anything rash, we should be able to make it.

Still, no matter what happens next, I'll make sure no harm comes to any of them, and if I have to use my own body to do it, then so be it.

quote:

@Piper Steele (Hugzilla): 2d6+1 leading alistair and leonard out of danger = (4+4)+1 = 9

Choosing to take the harm. Figure Piper would jump in the moment it looks like either of them are going to get hurt, and take the hit for them. I should also have 2-armor from Alex's Area Shielding.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2018 around 00:43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!




Kazco speaks into the other end, as graciously as he can for someone with no sense of what the word means normally. “Thanks, cousin. Speaking of, Maayo’s cousin was looking for him. I’m out.”


As soon as Kazco hung up, the sound of a shotgun loading was heard in the hallway. One voice shouting right afterwards, “In the name of the Lighthouse, I’ve come to bring you in, Princess Fernweh, for the breaking and entering of a Lighthouse member’s home and personal sanctum.” The echoing of the sewers give the shouting a bit more gravitas.

Another voice, distinct from the first, shouts out as well. “I don’t know how that troll became so trusting, but whatever it was, he was very helpful. Surrender, and we’ll bring you back in one piece, the both of you!”

There are only two sets of feet outside, and it wasn’t these two who fired the shotgun before. So now there’s trouble on many levels. You can tell the way you came in was now blocked by the two wizard goons, but there’s holes all over the place, and whatever weird magic Fernweh has to try to come up with a plan.

What do you do?



The masked man turned towards you, laughing with that robotic tone, his gun still trained on the elderly Mrs. Cohen. “I want the money, the drugs, whatever you keep in this place. Whatever the Cartel wants, I want! I don’t care about Granny and I don’t care about you!”

Inside you, the Beast speaks, preparing you for the fight. “You can reach the gun before he fires. You are strong. Fast. He smells of ale. Take him down. Do it.”

You know that the Beast doesn’t lie to you. Sometimes, the beast doesn’t care quite as much about the consequences. The stand-still continues, the two behind you starting to get visibly nervous trying to keep their guns trained on you. If you do nothing, you’re pretty sure you’ll get shot by whatever’s in the dart, most likely a tranquilizer.

What do you do?



As you shout out to the seelie sidhe, you notice that a few people who wouldn’t look like they’d come to something like this with guns pulled out some rather large caliber handguns, their eyes suddenly turning a dull purple.

The Prince looks straight at you, noticing about the same time that Leonard had started to run away with Piper and Alistair. His eyes narrow, pointing behind you and shouting. “Look out!” A rather large blade comes down on your shield, deflecting partially off of it but still tossing you to the ground.

The Prince charges in your direction, as you look to what attacked you: A horrible abomination of two humanoid figures wrapped up into one another.

What do you do?

OOC posted:

Take 3-harm before armor. There’s no real narrative consequence to the getting knocked over.



The two men try to keep up with your original run, causing you to intentionally slow down, herding them towards the door. It looks like you’ve made your way out cleanly and safely for a moment, before one of the shapeshifters fires a shotgun into your side from one of the hallways. How do you deal with the shapeshifter, in the form of one of the other random dates of the rich and powerful?

The rest of the journey outside is without event, but there’s one small problem: You have no idea where to take them or who to trust outside of Alex, who’s still inside. Do you have a favorite safe house or anything like that to hole up in?

What do you do?

OOC posted:

Take 3-harm before armor.



The shotgun blasts into the creature’s legs, knocking it from a standing position to the ground from a single shot. It still seems to be mobile, and whatever its legs are made out of, they still seem to be functioning, even if it is having a bit of trouble getting back to its feet. The Tooth Fairy hobbles up behind you, grumbling to himself as he leans against you.

“Look, boss. That thing is pretty rough. His master or whatever is still out there too. But I can’t run past it, not on my own. You keep it down, I might be able to get past it.”

You’ve created a few seconds of opportunity to run by the thing, an opportunity Tristan has already taken, but you know the one-legged Tooth Fairy won’t be able to make it quite like that.

What do you do?



That creature, up close and personal, takes a swipe that misses by quite a margin as you charge by, with the oracle in your arms. You make your way past and safely out of the reach of any of the dangerous of that wizard’s lab. Do you know where you are now, at least vaguely?

As you look Malcolm over, you notice he’s still alive but probably in need of medical attention. Nothing dire, but if he doesn’t get to a hospital in a day or so, he’s probably going to have some serious problems. His body has random slices of skin also torn off, nearly fileted off of his bone. It’s disgusting, nothing you could imagine a normal person would do.

The sudden sight of two people in brown trenchcoats, both with guns aimed into a big open room. You can tell they’re wizards. They don’t see you. Hell, they’re probably not even after you. What do you do?

  • Locked thread