Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +2 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1 The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;☐☐☐☐ || Location:Magic lab

I push the tooth fairy behind me and watch as he limps towards the door. Wishing he could limp faster I turn around and barely avoid a large lab table aimed at my head.

"poo poo, Move it tooth fairy!" I hand him some of Jim the oracle's teeth, thinking maybe he needs a pick me up. I... actually don't know what the tooth fairy does with teeth but hopefully he will make better use of them than me.

More pressing matters come to mind as Shagnasty lifts up and slams both hands onto the ground. The whole room shakes, I'm pretty sure the whole sewer shakes and I land on my rear end. The stitched together abomination slowly moves towards me, and I can't get up in time. I frantically load the shotgun and aim at a vulnerable looking part and fire.


OOC posted:


Shooting Shagnasty again with my shotgun!

SidekickBOT - Last Tuesday at 3:35 PM
@Murphy (Exmond): 2d6+2 Keep Shagnasty down = (2+2)+2 = 6

Oh dear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: X|OO|OO || Corruption 1/5 || Location: East Harlem, Nessa's territory

I want to jump at him, snap his neck, drink deeply from his heart, but... no. Not with the gun pointed at poor Mrs. Cohen. Think, Nessa, think...

"You think it's here?" I grunt. It's hard to manage tone in this form, but I hope I sound something like incredulous. "There are kids here. I have... bolthole. In an alley. You... you leave her alone, I show you. But you leave the lady alone."

quote:

Got a 9 on my mislead roll. I choose to create an opportunity and expose a weakness.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 2/5

drat it, Kazco, I think, as I hastily shove fistfuls of Redleaf into my pockets and also anything else of value that's not nailed down. Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Actually, nah. I'm not mad. That's what I get for not nailing down the wording of my agreement with the Hag. Next time I help Kaz or his buddies, though, it's gonna cost extra.

"Don't come in!" I shout out the door. "This whole place is full of monsters! And... and poison. Totes dangerous to mortals-poison!" I start looking around for a grate or pipe.

"Hold 'em off for a minute," I tell Maayo. "And I'll see if i can find a way out of here."


quote:


2d6+0 Mislead/Distract/trick the wizard goons = (2+1)+0 = B

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: 0/5 (Fine) || Corruption: 1/5 || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)

I'm still trying to get my bearings and figure out the closest hospital when I spot the wizard thugs. More wizards showing up right now... is pretty suspicious. I look down at Malcolm and make a quick mental calculation. Malcolm's not in great shape, but he can stand to wait another minute.

I slide him down and prop him up against the wall, out of the line of sight of the others. Then, I sneak towards them, trying to get closer and size them up.

figure out the wizards = (2+4) = 6

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground

loving cops, even wizard cops, are all the same. My preferred method of talking to cops is "don't," but we seem to be in a bit of a bind.

I clear my throat, and in the most official voice I can muster, I say, "We are agents acting in official capacity for the Brighton Cartel, on territory rightfully controlled by the werewolf Nessa. We are seizing this illegal operation, and any interference will be interpreted as a hostile act. Evacuate the premises immediately, and your current trespasses will be overlooked."

quote:

@Maayo (cloneboy): 2d6+1 bluff the wizard cops = (5+6)+1 = 12

Hopefully, that'll sow enough doubt about their jurisdiction to buy us enough time to figure a way out of here. I'm also hoping that they'll think Kazco's tip about me being there was bullshit, so I don't get wrapped up in whatever trouble Fernweh is in.

cloneboy fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2018 around 03:27

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

Rolling with the brunt of the blow, Fate having intervened to make the flat of the blade the bit that impacted my defenses, I bring my pistol up, take a quick breath, and unload a series of shots into the amalgam beast. Of course, I'm more focused on taking it down than getting back up... and who knows where the next blow will come from.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Monday at 2:58 PM
@Alex Reid (Tricky): 2d6-1 Unleash on a changeling = (2+6)-1 = 7

Choosing to be put in a bad spot... so now there are narrative consequences! 2-harm, +1 from inflicting terrible harm for a total of 3-harm.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!




There’s a lot going on in a very, very short amount of time, and none of it is very good for anyone. As Tristan tries to get a look over around the corner, one of the two men notices a single eye, firing his weapon at Tristan, the beanbag round in the shotgun hitting Tristan in the leg while shouting “There’s more of them!” From Tristan’s view, he thinks he’s seen these guys before. Does he recognize them?

Tristan posted:

Take 2-harm.

The two of you on the inside can hear the sound of the shotgun firing, giving a light echo into the bigger room. The voice who shouted the declaration before keeps it simple while given all sorts of information that he has to process. “Why you’re here doesn’t matter to me, we just want to talk! Everyone should put their weapons away, we were told to get answers, not to kill you or get revenge.”

A voice familiar to Fernweh is heard, speaking calmly but his voice projecting over the sewers. “What answers do you want? What information could my page have for you?” What the Cockroach King is doing down in the sewers is anyone’s guess, but Fernweh might have an idea. “And why would you want revenge on the youngest of my brood?”



The gun moves from being pointed at Mrs. Cohen to being pointed straight at you. The distorted voice goes quiet, and the ones behind you move out of the way. “In that case, we’ll let you lead the way, Nessa. I don’t trust you at all, but I feel like we have your attention now.”

He waves you towards the door, letting go of Mrs. Cohen for the moment. “Plus, if you’re lying to us, we can come back and finish breaking everything down. Maybe use some fire.”

The beast inside wants to scream and start ripping things apart.



You’re not entirely sure what happened, but the second shotgun blast doesn’t seem to affect the abomination in front of you. It continues to shuffle towards you and the Tooth Fairy, gnashing many of the forms of teeth, both real and mismatched. There’s a noise coming from the center of the creature, sounding like some sort of digestive distress.

“Feed…”

A sudden spray of liquid sprays over both you and the Tooth Fairy, causing some personal harm to the both of you. As the creature walks forward, you can tell that another major shotgun blast should put it on the ground, even if it won’t kill it. The exposed area from the last blast shows some wires and metal twisted and broken. The Tooth Fairy also falls to a knee, the spray getting into his eyes.

Murphy posted:

Take 2-harm, the Tooth Fairy is basically one hit away from death.



Unloading the revolver into the creature in front of you causes the shapeshifter’s chest to explode outwards, but continues to force its way towards you. As you continue to get pushed back by the chestless shapeshifter, you bump backwards into two other humanoids. From right behind you, you hear the voice of the Prince. “Fateless one, if you stand and fight, I’ll ignore your ignorance in the bigger picture.”

A pistol ends up between the two of you, firing really close to your heads in the hands of a semi-demonic woman in a suit, horns and stone-like features mixed in with human ones. “Less talking, more shooting.” As you follow the gun, you realize that the three of you are at least temporarily surrounded by zombie-like shapeshifters barely keeping their integrity but not seeming to stay down.

What do you do?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 2/5

Okay. Okay. I can get out of this. I just need to think. All cops is assholes and wizard cops is double assholes but they have one thing in common which is that they're all super overconfident. All I have to do is wait until their guard is down and I'll--

I hear the gunshot and hit the floor. I ain't bulletproof, and wizards would come armed with cold iron. Only, when I look around, I can see that they aren't shooting at anyone in this room. The hell? "I don't even have a weapon!" I shout. "This is bullshit! I didn't hurt any of you or steal anything from you on this occasion!"

And then I hear the voice. Dad's voice. Oh, poo poo. Oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo. What's he doing here? I mean, he can go whither he whilst, 'cause he's a loving sovereign of the earth, but what's he doing here, specific-like? And then I remember the prayer outside, in hobo-sign, and the offering. And then tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum out there invoked my name. Not my full name, of course, but my human one, in underground halls sanctified to the name of the Unclean Court. poo poo. That's half a Communion ritual right there. Get me a tarnished mirror and a chunk of talc and we can have a loving face-time call.

Huh. So. If Dad's close enough to this place to hear and be heard by mortals, that means we're all close enough to him to...

I plunge my fingers into the redleaf-laden soil and reach out. The Court of the Cockroach King is always close when you're underground in this city. I can feel and taste it, just beyond my reach. If I were alone, I could find a grate and spend a few minutes and pop home for tea and crusty bread within the hour. But with all these humans here -- and I'm not abandoning Maayo -- it's going to take an effort...

I pull and pull, trying to flip me and Maayo to the Unclean Court. And then I feel something give way, but it's not -- it's not -- it's not what I wanted to give.

quote:



@Fernweh (OKShark): 2d6-1 Escape the Situation = (2+2)-1 = 3

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground

The scales seem to be tipping more and more in our favor, so hopefully I can continue to talk my way out of this. "Alright Lighthouse, at this point you're outnumbered, surrounded, and way out of your depth. I might be willing to answer a few questions, but you're leaving here empty handed."

SidekickBOT-Today at 6:56 PM posted:

@Maayo (cloneboy): 2d6+2 convince the cops that they're better off leaving = (5+1)+2 = 8

cloneboy fucked around with this message at Mar 7, 2018 around 03:00

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +2 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1 The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ;|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;☐☐☐☐ || Location:Magic lab

As I scramble to get up Shagnasty mimics a vomiting motion and then a gout of liquid sprays over me and the Tooth fairy. We both scream, first in disgust, and then in pain as the juices start to burn. I never thought I would be happy that I was cover in sewer slime and excrement, but there is a first time for everything. My body still feels like it is on fire, but judging by the Tooth Fairy's yells of pain the sewage must have blocked most of it.

As the creature advances towards us , its many mouths open up. I don't think I can stop it, I don't think I can prevent it from hurting us. My breath comes in quicker as I push the tooth fairy away, only to see him fall down in pain. I stand behind the creature and my friend, and help isn't coming.

The creature makes another vomiting motion and before I know I'm running at it, noticing the exposed wires and metal. Embers of fire start to flick down from my eyes as Shag Nasty spray another gout of liquid at us. I flip a table to shield the tooth fairy, the rest of it I rush headlong in. I don't want to die, I don't wany my friend to die. I don't want to fail

My shotgun connects to Shagnasty's face and the liquid spray goes up into the ceiling and I yell curses at it. I look at the exposed wires, heft my shotgun and aim directly at it.

OOC posted:

2 damage gets reduced to 1 thanks to Tough-As-Nails (Unless it Ap!)

Unleashing an attack (3-harm close loud messy)
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:28 PM
@Murphy (Exmond): 2d6+2 Please Don't eat me or my friend = (5+5)+2 = 12

Err I guess Murphy get's in hand range, unleashing an attack before she gets there. Take 3-damage.

If there is an option I can take away to protect the tooth fairy, Ill take it. Otherwise Ill inflict terrible harm.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

I spare the demoness a lingering glance as I slap home a fresh magazine in my Glock. It takes a moment, but I remember hearing a few people in the Lighthouse proper talking about her. Strangely complimentary about a low-level cartel enforcer. I don't know if she'll live up to the hype, but at this point... I'd rather have someone straight-forward like her in my corner than against me. I bring my gun up and say, "Please. If I was planning on slipping away, I'd have already done so."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Sunday at 5:14 PM
@Alex Reid (Tricky): 2d6-1 Face to a name! (Cartel) = (3+5)-1 = 7

She's a demonic enforcer named Sera, a young up and comer in the Cartel who's known for being a woman of action. Surprisingly loyal and honest, she mainly makes her moves through cleverness and brutality.

I fire a few rounds into the horde, more for effect than anything. I don't think a pistol is going to be what takes them down. No, indeed, it would be magic that carries the day. My magic, probably, though the Fae courts did have their own mysteries. Now... I'd put a few clues together and come up with something approaching a workable theory. That invasion I'd been worried about? This was as close to the vanguard as anything else I could imagine. So... let them see what I'd become. Let them see what the Fatebreaker could do. They might just realize that they've awoken something that they'd really rather wish they hadn't.

Opening my mystic senses to their limits, I can feel how wrong our opposition are. Perhaps someone with a less analytical bent would leave it at that, but I'm reasonably sure that this instinctual revulsion stems from some sort of base incompatibility between our plane's rules of existence, physics and the like, and their own. Perhaps that incompatibility is even what lets them shrug off so much punishment. Now, then, if I were to tie their fates inexorably to this plane, it may well cause them no little emotional distress to find that they are suddenly subject to rules as antithetical to them as they are to us.

The actual working is simple enough. Though their lines of fate are almost as much of a wound as mine, I can weave the frayed ends into something of a binding line despite that. It may not hold forever, or even for long, but it doesn't need to. I call out to Sera, "Thin one, 3 o'clock!" Bringing my gun up in time with hers, I squeeze the trigger.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Sunday at 5:24 PM
@Alex Reid (Tricky): 2d6+2 Let It Out = (6+1)+2 = 9

Marking Corruption to Frighten the changeling horde!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: X|OO|OO || Corruption 1/5 || Location: East Harlem, Nessa's territory

I nod, and move out of the house. The weirdo with the distorted voice is behind me; the other two behind him. Good. I don't want them to have a clear shot at me. If these idiots knew anything about canine body language, they could tell right away that I was bluffing. Ears perked, tail straight as an arrow. I'm tense and ready to fight.

I strike the moment we're out of the door, when the second of the two thugs has just gone out. Teeth flash and I bite the hand holding the gun. The Mutt is thirsty, and I'm curious to see if this sucker bleeds.

quote:

Got a 10 on my hit. I take his gun away from him.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: 2/5 (Fine) || Corruption: 1/5 || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)

I yell out, saying, "What the gently caress was that for?" I squint when i recognize them and say, "Marcel? And Jack?"

quote:

Got a 10 on name to a face for Lighthouse

@Tristan, the Vamp (Capfalcon) (So I can find this later) The talking one is Marcel Santiago, in charge of the Lighthouse Mystical Enforcement Squad, a group of wizards to enforce Lighthouse's laws and traditions. He owes you a debt. The one who shot you is Jack Watts, a junior member of the squad who's a talented wizard but not quite used to the more practical parts of being part of LMES.

Ok, I'm still not sure why LMES is here, but best guess is that they're looking for Malcolm. After all, when LMES rolls up on a shitshow like this, they're usually not stopping by for tea. But, they don't seem to know where he is, and I still need him.

Actually, I that give me an idea. "Look, Marcel. Not sure why you're here, but it's a horror show in there, man. Chains and nasty looking wizard stuff and magic guardians. So... you might wanna go take care of that before we chat."

Of course, that's all before the Cockroach King announces himself, and things get even more chaotic.

quote:

/r 2d6+2 #manipulate Marcel into helping Murphy
@Tristan, the Vamp (Capfalcon): 2d6+2 manipulate Marcel into helping Murphy = (5+2)+2 = 9

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

All things considered, that could've gone much worse for me. The shotgun blast barely grazed my sides, and, yea, while it still stings like hell, it sure beats the alternative. At least I managed to get these two idiots out safe and sound, but Alex is still in there, and I can't just leave my friend alone while she's still in trouble.

"Alright you two," I tear out a piece of my expensive white dress, much to Alistair's dismay, and start writing on it, "Go straight to this address. You both should be safe there," as long as they don't do anything stupid, "I'm going back in to help Alex. I'll see you both there," I turn, but before I leave, I say, "Oh, and one more thing; please, please, please don't touch anything while you're there."

And with that said, I leave them both, but before I go back in, I make a quick detour to my car. I stashed my sword and my cross-bow in the trunk, just in case, and it looks like I'm going to need them now, and now that I'm properly armed, I rush back in as fast as I can. I only hope I'm not too late.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!




A sudden pull from below drags you much faster than expected, spinning you as you fall down, disorienting you as you start to smell the first scents of the Unclean Court. Everything seems darker than normal, and you feel like you’re falling quite a bit deeper than you remember.

Some good news and some bad news. The good news is that you’re far outside of the sewers of the mortal realm. The bad news is that this isn’t the Unclean Court. At least, not the court you’re used to. Everything looks covered in black splotches, waves of movement from them outside of the items they’re put up against. Nothing seems quite right.

Do you have any idea where you are? What do you do?



Marcel looks over towards Tristan, narrowing his eyes for a second as the vampire speaks. He puts his hands in the air, looking between the three people surrounding him. “Look, like I was telling the ga.. The page. She got caught on security digging around in one of our wizards’ sanctum. Given there was a series of robberies stealing a lot important and powerful relics, we’d like to speak with her. I had no idea there was a.. Goddamnit.”

Jack looks over Maayo’s shoulder, curiously moving his eyes around. “She’s gone. Where’d she go? Look, if she’s gone onto the other side, I think we’d be better off just figuring out what’s going on downstairs and… Ignoring the fact that I’m pretty sure we’re in a Redleaf grow operation. My lord, you don’t mind answering a few of our questions, after we clean up this trash?”

The Cockroach King ends up behind Maayo, possibly moving through the wall but is definitely looking to where Fernweh was. “I’ll answer your questions, if you still need them. I doubt she’d have anything to do with stealing anything powerful. She doesn’t have the will to do that. Not yet, at least. Mortal friend, your friend and my page may be in trouble. Do you wish to help?”

The wizard cops both head towards Tristan. “Where’d you say it was?”

What do you two do?



The shotgun blast hits the creature right in the chest, a few threads starting to unravel quickly as it starts to lose a few of its heads. The open sewing marks show actual viscera which starts to fall and splatter in black and blue colors on the ground. The creature doesn’t look dead, but there’s nothing left that will be able to fight you unless you stick yourself directly in their way. As the creature dies extremely slowly, you look past and see two hooded figures who immediately start running away.

The Tooth Fairy pukes right in front of you, barely able to keep himself standing using the wall to balance. He doesn’t look so hot, and he’ll probably need a hand if you want to be seeing him in one piece.

What do you do?



Alistair looks like he’s going to argue for half a second, but quickly and more importantly quietly nods. As you start to leave to head back inside, armed and ready to go, he shouts at you while getting into his limo. “Thanks again! Let’s never do this again!” He seems to be trying to make a joke. It’s really bad.

Heading up the stairs, the shapeshifters in the hallways are all either dead or basically dead, splatter of humanoid parts and black blood going over everything. As you bust through the door, you notice that Alex, a demon and the fae from before are surrounded. Right as you kick in, weapons ready, you see Alex shouting, a bit of mystical energy sparking off of her.



You gather some mystical energy to try to tie them to this plane, as all of the shapeshifters look straight at you. Sera’s gun blasts one of them right in the face as they start to all realize at the same moment what you’ve done. It passes through the room, creating a sense of panic within them all. The once thought dead suddenly merge together to try to make enough parts to run away, along with some of the panicked civilians showing signs of them being attached to the fate lines.

The unfortunate part is that the creatures seem to be panicking, running straight towards the exits. One of those exits happens to be the one that your friend just kicked through. Another exit has your magister in the way, trying to hold them off with a sword.

What do you do?



You claw the gun right out of the man’s hand, the pistol going flying across the street and Mrs Cohen now far outside of the robber’s reach. As the claw slashes across the hand, blood sprays from the hand. The two goons are now at your sides, trying to point and aim the strange guns at you. One of them shouts towards the boss, “Hey, boss, get out of the way!”

The other one tries to threaten you with the gun more directly, trying to sound tough but doesn’t have the robotic voice device. Her voice gives away the nerves. “Put the boss down, you mutt! This is silver nitrous oxide, it will gently caress you up!” She waves the gun way too close to you while threatening you.

What do you do?

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +2 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1 The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ;|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;☐☐☐☐ || Location:Magic lab

Jesus H Christ how much damage can this thing take. It's still trying to crawl at us, using its teeth as leverage since its legs are empty and splattered across the lab. I back off, grab my hockey bag full of loot and rush over to the Tooth Fairy's side. Faries are tough, you have to be when a fly swatter can end your day, but he's at his limit. I know basic first aid, but there isn't a large enough bandaid to make his wounds heal up. If I don't get him help, and fast, he's gonna be a gonner.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see two figures crouching and I stand up. "Hey!" Before I can get a good look at them they run off, scampering further into the lab. The Tooth Fairy mentioned something about a master of this creature. Better get moving before more trouble comes.

I offer my shoulder and now we are both walking towards the exit. I yell out "HELP" while looking at my phone. I don't want to have to call my boss, but poo poo, if things don't get better quick I'll have no options. Where the hell did Tristan run off to?

OOC posted:

So grabbing tooth fairy and going to yell help and for Tristan, following the general path I think Tristan went. Murphy figures she has some time to get help before the Tooth Fairy dies, if she doesn't she will dial up her boss and try and work out a deal.

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground

"What do you mean, 'Where'd she go?' She's right-" I turn around and see the Cockroach King looking at where Fernweh was. "Oh, your uh.. majesty? Yeah, I'll help in any way I can."

I pull the memory card with video from the Circle of Disputes out of my pocket and offer it to the Cockroach King. "I have most of that footage of the fights you wanted. I had someone else getting the main event, but after what's happened here, I'm not sure if I can trust them to keep up their end of the bargain."

I hear Murphy's call for help echoing through the halls. "How urgent is Fernweh's situation? Can you help me help another of my friends first? Consider it payment for the first half of your video package."

OOC posted:

I want to Cash in a Debt with the Cockroach King to say I Brought Friends and get him to Back me up in a dangerous situation

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart +2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 2/5

I look around, taking a deep breath. That's weird; it normally smells much more like garbage.

I take out my zippo and flick the light on; my phone's got a light, but phones don't always work so good on the other side. In the flickering fire I see dark and tunnels and dark and flooring and dark. And I got real loving good night vision, so that means it's hella dark. Magical dark.

"Oh poo poo," I say. "I'm in Stranger Things! I loving told Kifune that poo poo was real!" I look around some more. "He owes me a coke." I poke the wall; it feels cold. Colder than the subway walls usually feel, which is actually pretty warm. Earth's good insulation. I bend over and sniff the floor. It smells like the Unclean Court, but real faint, and old. I listen. I can hear the distant sounds of trickling water.

I squat down on my haunches and look at my lighter. Then I turn it off and close my eyes. If I was a human in this situation, I'd be hosed, but I'm not. I'm a garbage-fae. I'm the youngest unbegotten daughter of the King of Filth, with all the powers and privileges that entails. I got the trash-kenning and the deep-downing, I can tell you the value of a pile of junk at a glance and I never get lost on city streets and I always know where to find the best food and clubs and drugs.

I take ten minutes to orient myself, and then I start looking for a way out. It's above me, somewhere. I can feel the tunnels ahead and behind, and they feel both familiar and wrong. It's like an upside down mirror copy of the real New York Underground. But whatever this place is, my dad's still the king of it, and that means I don't gotta take its poo poo. "Dad!" I shout down the hallway. I start walking, looking for a path. "Dad! Can you hear me?" If I can get close enough, he'll be able to respond. All I got to do is keep moving. Then a thought strikes me. "Demigorgon? Are you loving real too? If so, let's parley."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:05 PM
@Fernweh (OKShark): 2d6+1 Keep Your Cool = (5+1)+1 = 7

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

Alright, so my hypothesis was correct... at least as of this testing. The changelings, the invaders, seem to have largely isolated themselves from our laws of physics and other conventional truths. So it wasn't that our guns were ineffective so much as their own paradigm seems to have a very tenuous connection between physical trauma and decreased bodily function. Ideally, that working will give them second thoughts about relying on that sort of pseudo-invincibility. Though I must admit the work was of greater effect than I had anticipated. While I intended nothing more than an escape from the cordon, I seem to have started a rout. Blocking one path of egress: Piper. Blocking the other: my Magister. The philosophical underpinnings of this choice strike me like unto the trolley problem. Where, if I do nothing, one will live while the other dies. Or I could choose to intervene and shift the outcomes to the opposite.

Here is where that conondrum fails: I can work wonders with Fate. And... have you had the opportunity to see Piper in a fight? I'd pity the crowd that took her for the easier path to survival. I'll just need to recharge my personal stores and ensure that my Magister shares the same reinforced defenses that I and Piper are still wrapped within.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:49 AM
@Alex Reid (Tricky): 2d6+2 More Channeling = (1+2)+2 = 5

Holding 1+1 (focus bonus) and I cannot channel again this scene.

The fabric is weak, now, and I doubt I can manipulate it any further without consequences that are best left unvoiced. Still... I clawed enough power away to bolster his defenses. It shall lie in their hands now, I've done all I can to help.

Immediately spending both hold to give Dmitri +2 to whatever Armor he may have.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: X|OO|OO || Corruption 1/5 || Location: East Harlem, Nessa's territory

"How much does the Cartel pay you for this?" I growl at them. My throat is starting to hurt; canine throats aren't meant for words, but what can you do. "Is it worth your hands? Walk out now, if you know what's good for you." I lick my lips; is there something off about the taste of Metal Voice's blood? "Your boss here isn't walking out of here in one piece..."

quote:

I'm trying to persuade them using threats, using Blood because I'm in my territory. But I rolled a 5! There are Bad Times ahead.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: 2/5 (Not fine) || Corruption: 1/5 || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)

I jerk my thumb back the way I came and say, "This way."

------

When we get back, I yell into the door, "Hey, Murphy. Cavalry's here!"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

I look at the horde at the horde that's coming right at me. The smart thing to do would be to turn and run, but that's not the Steele way. A Steele stands and fights against the hordes of darkness!

...Or at least, that's what my dad would say. Personally, I have no problem with running away when things go bad, but I can't do that now when my friend is in danger. I take a deep breath, grip my enchanted sword, and charge right into them, and give my best battle yell. I might not be a good a fighter as my dad, but that doesn't mean I'm bad when it comes to a fight!

quote:

@Piper Steele (Hugzilla): 2d6+1 Unleashing on the changeling horde = (2+6)+1 = 9

Charging in with my sword (3-harm). Choosing:
- Inflict terrible harm
- They inflict harm on you

Should still have 2-armor from Alex's previous channeling.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!




As you wander through the dark, vaguely familiar halls of the place under the Unclean Court, which is what it feels like. There was a creeping shadow, now forming around a very familiar shape.



It speaks, stalking awkwardly like it was getting used to its new form. “Ah, thank you, Page. You give me form, give me shape. I am the guide, the voice and the shadow. I speak for the space between, not the infection. Before you lies a choice for your future, for your present. Let me clear the way..”

A bright shining light flashes for a second, especially harsh in the shade that you sit in. Two pathways, one covered in fire, the other covered in a waterfall of unnatural sludge. The creature speaks again. “The coming darkness is upon you.”

OOC posted:

Custom move, Escaping the Shadow Courts: If you take the sludge path, mark 2 corruption but no roll is necessary.

If you take the fire path, roll +Spirit. If you get 10+, you survive the ordeal unscathed. If you get 7-9, pick one. If you get 6-, pick one and the MC picks one:

-The fire, despite not being real, feels very real. Take 1-harm AP Fire, which doesn’t heal normally..
-The Gorgonvoice chooses to help you through, owe the Gorgonvoice one debt.
-The experience messes with your head during the next week, take -1 ongoing until after the start of next session.



The Cockroach King’s face seems to twitch for a second, before he smiles to Maayo. It is very unnerving. “Nevermind, the filth is protecting their own. My page will be fine on the geological scale. Let us solve your friend’s problems first. We should be on the move if what I am hearing is correct.”

The two injured people stick back with Marcel, who is calling in backup to investigate the lab. He points towards Murphy. “Don’t worry about these two, we’ve got them if you can help Jack secure the lab. If this is related to what’s going on up top, you’ll want to end up helping us rather than being a pain in our rear end.”

OOC posted:

Investigating this is another custom move: Roll +Mind to help the investigation of the lab. Gain +3 if you’ve used a debt on someone else to help you. On a hit, hold 1 for the investigation. On a 10+, gain +1 on next session’s start of session move and gain a positive reputation with the Lighthouse. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to get one of the below:

-Learn the identity of one of the two rogue wizards, the Artificer or the Alchemist.
-Learn the location of one of the two rogue wizards, the Artificer or the Alchemist.
-Learn who funded and organized the project.



Right as you speak, you feel a spike right into your hand from the boss, followed by both of the unusual guns firing darts into your sides. The feel of silver can be felt from the two darts, sliding through your skin and fur, dumping its contents straight into your veins. Your head starts to feel cloudy as the drugs mix into your blood.

You hear the boss, grabbing his own hands while running. “Split up and get out of here!” The three of them run in different directions, but you have to fight just to get your body moving after any of them.

OOC posted:

To keep up with any of them, first you have to Keep Your Cool to get your body moving faster than a crawl. If you hit, you can go after one of them.



As the rush of shapeshifters, both partial and complete, start heading for the exits. Both Piper and Dmitri stand their ground successfully, not completely unharmed but still standing with a few added to their count. The shapeshifters numbers were too large to have been the masterminds behind this, but that means that something else was going on.

The Prince seems to still be on edge, pointing his blade at Alex and shouting over the sound of the now-calming room. “Where did you take the fat poet?!” Weapons start getting pointed around after that, Dmitri pointing a wand at the Prince and Sera pointing pistols now both at Alex and Dmitri, who now speaks up. “Now’s not the time for pointing weapons at people, we need to make sure he’s safe, that they’re all safe!”

Other than the standoff, the less combat-practiced seem to be cleaning themselves off and straightening themselves up. Do either of you have any other connections with the survivors? With the now-dead?

What do you do?

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +2 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1 The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ;|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;☐☐☐☐ || Location:Magic lab

"So who where those guys and how did you get here and do you know how to get slime out of your hair?" I barrage the tooth fairy with a dozen questions, the last question taking top priority. The tooth fairy looks at me, exhaustion in their eyes, and before they can say anything Tristan is there, calvary in hand and hopefully some shampoo. I eye the two wizards that compromise the calvary, Lightouse Sheep, but beggars don't get to be choosers.

I hand them the tooth-fairy, and look them square in the eye. "Take care of them," I say and sit down, holstering the shotgun into the hockey back. More Lighthouse members start to enter the area, and my hockey bag of stolen gear starts to feel real heavy and like a real bad plan.

I stand aside Tristan, nothing like a bartender to talk down wizards should people find out about my ransac- investigating procedures. One of the wizards, someone who looks like he has a big ego and can walk the walk, points at me.

“Don’t worry about these two, we’ve got them if you can help Jack secure the lab. If this is related to what’s going on up top, you’ll want to end up helping us rather than being a pain in our rear end.”

I raise my hand meekly, wanna-be rescuers love meekly, and say, "I can help! I'm great at steal- investigating.. investigating."

OOC posted:

Helping out investigating, getting +reputation is too good to pass up!

Murphy (Exmond) - Last Tuesday at 8:10 AM
/r 2d6-1 #Investigate the lab
SidekickBOT - Last Tuesday at 8:10 AM
@Murphy (Exmond): 2d6-1 Investigate the lab = (2+3)-1 = 4

As expected

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart +2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 2/5

Holy poo poo, it's real. I was joking.

At least it doesn't seem hostile. I clear my throat. "Well, thanks, Demigorgon-guy. You did a real good job of making the way... clearer. And fiery-er."

I look from the sludge-fall to the fire. My natural instinct is to go through the sludge, because I'm garbage-fae and that poo poo doesn't bother me. But maybe that's exactly what the creepy millenial StayPuft update wants me to think... On the other hand, fire: bad.

I look from one path to the other, debating. But that's getting me nowhere, fast, and I have an inkling that this place is basically the Unclean Court's metastisized double-cancer and sticking around here longer than I have to is probably bad for my health. gently caress it.

I reach into my pants pocket and pull out a subway token. It's a vintage '79 Diamond Jubilee, one of Dad's best. I flip it in the air, catch it, and slap it down on my hand. Then I peek. "Fire it is."

I'm already running as I pocket the token, and then I'm into the flame.

"This was a terrible idea!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - @Fernweh (OKShark): 2d6+1 Escaping the Shadow Courts = (3+1)+1 = 5

TLB (MC) - i'm going to pick "fernweh gets a hug and new dice"

Fernweh (OKShark) - I pick owing a favor

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: 2/5 (Not fine) || Corruption: 1/5 || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)

I make a beeline for the files in the corner. I don't know much about magic nonsense, but I do know about financials and purchase orders. I'm willing to bet the people here weren't expecting to have their paperwork investigated.

...And if they've got this kind of money to throw around, maybe whoever is investing in them might be interested in an alternate investment strategy. Say... a new nightlife hotspot.

quote:

/r 2d6 #searching the lab
@Tristan, the Vamp (Capfalcon): 2d6 searching the lab = (6+3) = 9
-Learn who funded and organized the project.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2018 around 01:44

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: X|OO|OO || Corruption 1/5 || Location: East Harlem, Nessa's territory

Yeah, you better run, cowards. Good thing they didn't see my legs shaking, or this would truly suck.

A lot of werewolves tell me that silver feels like burning to them, or like the stabbing of a serrated blade. To me, it feels sickening, more like poison than anything else. I want to vomit until I've gotten that foulness out of me, but I can't. Not quite yet.

Gotta go check on Mrs. Cohen, make sure that she's okay. After that, I find a nice alleyway where to empty my guts, and then to sleep. To recuperate.

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground Lab

I file into the room with Tristan, Murphy, and the two wizards. I look around and make sure to avoid the pile of writhing viscera. I feel kind of bad dragging the Cockroach King into this and leaving Fernweh in the lurch; I thought we were heading into a fight. In retrospect, I don't know why I thought bringing him into a fight would be a good idea. I kinda figured he would just give me a magic weapon or something. I really do play too much D&D.

The Cockroach King's expression is inscrutable, but I get the feeling he finds this situation slightly irritating, but ultimately amusing. Well, I hope he feels that way, at least. He looks at me, then looks down at a waste bin, then back to me with a grin. While the Lighthouse goons are busy "securing the situation," I start digging through the trash.

SidekickBOT- posted:

@Maayo (cloneboy): 2d6+4 investigating the lab = (2+5)+4 = 11
I use my hold to learn the identity of the Alchemist

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


OOC note posted:

Alright, I'm going to hamfist this session ending a little more than I'd like. I'd like to give another week for the people at the hotel to interact to what's going on, but we're basically cooling down.



You step through the firey path, feeling the sting of the fire and whatever weird properties it had left a stylized mark on your sleeve, which feels like burning pain whenever you try and use the arm normally. The sensation continues as you land back into the safety of the Unclean Court. The real thing, not the shadowverse version or whatever that was. You can still hear the voice of the Demigorgon, despite no longer being able to see it. "You and I will see one another again. That is why I let you live." The voice seems to crackle straight into your head, not giving much of an opportunity to respond.

But at least you're safe now. Safe and back at home. You can sense that your lord is looking for you.

[quote]Take 1-harm, won't be healing naturally between sessions.



Murphy's looting tendencies gets her to set off another piece of home-made security, a sharp spike shoots out of the wall, barely nicking her shoulder but not really breaking skin. The spike is covered in some sort of blue-black fluid which not even the mages there had seen before. It probably isn't good for you, but the exact damage may be more than meets the eye. Especially given all the experimentation going on, it can't be good.

Murphy posted:

Mark corruption.

The other investigations go more smoothly, especially since whoever was here wasn't expecting there to be anyone looking through the area. It was a real amateur hour setup for all of their info. The alchemist's trash can was full of receipts, which between the bunch lets Maayo figure out the name: Nathan Martin. By itself, it wouldn't mean much, but just mentioning the name out loud causes one of the nearby wizards' eyes to go wide. "Nathan Martin? Nathan the Mad? Unbelievable. Explains why they're doing the work in the sewers. He's been exiled from the city, as much as the Lighthouse can do that nowadays. This seems like something right up his alley. Good work, kid." The wizard cop gives Maayo a pat on the back.

The financial trail leads back to two names more than once, Callista Matriana and the Kingmaker. Callista Matriana could be the Kingmaker, especially after hearing that one of the people down here was nicknamed Nathan the Mad, but it seems to be clearly mentioning the name at least a few times. Callista is a member of the Cartel, and a pretty high-level one. If there's a conspiracy, telling the wizard cops might not help. What do you do with the information?

The Cockroach King yawns after a little bit, looking around as he did so. "Now, if you all don't mind, I'm going to check on my side of things, make sure whatever's going on here didn't leak too far into the other side. Maayo, was it? Did you want a ride?"

OOC posted:

Murphy knows that Callista is one of the major bosses in the city, in charge of soul acquisitions for the infernal side of things, and dabbling in some bigger criminal enterprises beyond drugs.
Maayo can get a round-trip ticket to the Unclean Court if he wants to wrap things up with Fernweh.



Heading back to the safety of your home, Mrs. Cohen is there, checking on herself and straightening the place back up. The kick from the chemicals is starting to kick in as you force yourself past towards your place in all of this. The last thing you remember is Mrs. Cohen speaking. "Don't worry about us, we can take care of ourselves." What does your place look like? Heading straight to bed seems like the best idea you have going for you if you don't want to fight whatever tranqs the burglars used.

What do your dreams feel like, knowing that this could have been a lot worse?

cloneboy
May 7, 2014


Maayo

Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Underground Lab


"Hell yeah, let's roll," I say to the Cockroach King's invitation. "I mean uh… I would be honored to accompany you, your uhh… majesty?"

I then turn to the LMES agents, making sure that I'm facing both of them, since I'm still not sure which is which, "Marcel, was it? Do you have a card or something, so I know how to get in contact with you? I'll keep you updated in case my investigation turns up anything useful."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

At this point, it cannot be understated how little the Prince has endeared himself to me. I make a mental note to approach Carita or one of my other contacts about the possibility of securing materials necessary to create something of a magical restraining order. The lack of his presence around my person would be worth the cost. I move over to Piper and quickly ask, "...Did they make it out? Are they safe?"

This isn't to say that I'm ignoring the Prince, no, but I have no doubt that Sera and my magister can handle him. The enforcer seems reasonably well inclined towards me after I helped them rout the shapeshifters and, naturally, Dmitri won't sell out a member's relative. Even if it would likely be the expedient choice.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

"So long as they don't do anything stupid, they should be safe," I tell Alex, as I put my sword back in it's sheath, "They should be staying at a safe house by now, waiting for us to get them." I glance over at the guy who was yelling at Alex, and then back to her. I cover the side of my mouth with one hand, and whisper, "What's with the angry sword guy over there? What's got him throwing such a hissy fit?"

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart +2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 1(a)/5 Corruption 2/5

I ooze out of a hole in the wall into the Unclean court. Home sweet home! I'd recognize that smell of mildew, hot pepper, and burnt coffee grounds anywhere. Y'know, people get the UC wrong by imagining it as this gross, smelly, cramped, wet hole in the ground. Truth is, it's actually quite dry and spacious. We've got tunnels of every size, from crawl-ways lit by dangling christmas tree lights to subway tunnels lit by 20,000 lumen tripod lights looted from city construction sites. As for the smell; well, it's no worse than the rest of the city. If you want clean air, move to flyover country.

As I bask in the familiar glow, I take stock of my situation. Sure, I'm burnt up. Also, I've got a voice in my head. Also also, I think maybe dad's realm has an undiagnosed cancer. On the bright side, I'm alive, I solved my wizard problem for the moment, and I've got two pockets full of stolen Redleaf. Could be worse! I wonder if the humie made it out okay? Probably. Wizards don't hurt their own kind, much.

"Hey, Dad!" I call out into the empty realm. "I'm back! You'll never guess where I've been."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: X|OO|OO || Corruption 1/5 || Location: Warehouse, Nessa's territory

I nod at Mrs. Cohen, and make my way to the old, decrepit warehouse that nobody uses anymore and that I've turned into a den of sorts. Well, if you can call a bunch of blankets piled in a corner "a den". Still, it's softer than sleeping on the floor, and I'll be damned if I am going to impose on the hospitality of the people I'm meant to defend.

The dreams... they're not good.

Mrs. Cohen is on the floor, her pink, flowery apron marred with blood. Her eyes are cold, distant, lifeless. There are... jackals? Are those jackals? No, I mean, yes; they are jackals, but they have the faces of Cartel people. Big Allie. Kazco. Even some werewolves colleagues of mine.
And they're eating her. And I just stand there powerless, looking at them ripping strips of flesh of this poor woman whose only fault was living in the wrong place. I look at her absent eyes and it hurts more than the most spiteful, condemning glare.


My eyes open wide. How long did I sleep? My breath is shallow. I need to calm myself. Calm down. No panicking. You'll check on them later. Now, deep breaths. Count to ten. Everything will be fine.

Maybe if I repeat it enough I will convince myself that it's actually true.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

Dryly, I respond, "I think he's somewhat disappointed that he couldn't run my... date... through in the chaos."

Tricky fucked around with this message at Mar 28, 2018 around 19:20

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Alex & Piper

The weapons gets pointed downwards, but only the Prince speaks up, his voice showing something resembling anger. "It's more complicated than that. We did not want to kill either of them. Especially not the annoying one. The playwright needed to be secured, that is all. Given what happened tonight, the entire situation seems to escalated to simply smuggling him to the other side may not give us what we need. It means we will need to secure those among us who may be connected to this, either being hunted or who may be working for them."

The room is slowly calming down, but people are still looking at one another suspiciously among the survivors. Piper, you notice one of the security guards was a fellow independent hunter, Marcus Wright, stabbed in the back. Alex, one of your former fellow apprentices, Natalie Mabiala, who's still alive but is holding a hell of a cut against her gut. Overall, there's been a lot of chaos.

Fernweh & Maayo

The Cockroach King, without a bit of effort, pulls Maayo through the walls of the Court. Maayo didn't even have time to get disoriented before taking the two steps through and feet on firm ground. The King puts his hands up, trying to tell Fernweh to calm down. "Broodling, please, I'm right here. There's no need to shout. I brought your human, he wished to ensure your safety. Everything is handled back on the mortal side, but we should talk to the wizards about this little problem you have. Especially since I know what sort of things you steal."

He doesn't seem disappointed or bothered at all from what he's saying, speaking very matter-of-factly. "What did you find?"

Everyone

The next day, there's a mass message for all of you:

For Fernweh & Maayo: From the Cockroach King
For Alex & Piper: From Alex's Magister
For Murphy & Nessa: From Murphy's boss.
For Tristan: From Old Pete, of all people.

The message was sent individually down a chain of people to trustworthy people. Whether it was because of the recent work or something else, you all get the message that there's going to be a meeting about the current issues with infections, meeting at Old Pete's, with a much different atmosphere than the previous event. Invites only. Do you want to invite anyone? Do any investigations of your own? Other side work?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption 1/5 || Location: Old Pete's

I get there early. It pays to be early for these kind of things, so you can keep an eye on who's there. I lean against the wall of Old Pete's, before popping some chewing gum in my mouth, just to keep myself busy. God, I wish I'd gotten more sleep.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Apr 11, 2018 around 10:01

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☒|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: Back at the Sanctum

Alright, so, I must admit... that went worse than I had expected. Leonard didn't die and I probably wasn't directly responsible for unleashing a plague of shapeshifting monstrosities working on an utterly foreign set of natural laws. In fact, I'll upgrade that to 'almost certainly wasn't.' Trust me, I'm an expert.

...That's my measured opinion if anyone asks, anyways. I can't maintain that same opinion in my own head. They knew me. They spoke to me. And the sheer scale... I don't think we have as much time before a full-scale breach as I'd believed. Ensuring Leonard's safety and regaining my standing in the Lighthouse is increasingly looking like a lower priority compared to, say, finding some method to repair the torn fabric of causality and fate that our visitors seem to be creeping in through.

So, while I wait for my delivery of Fae supplies, I certainly investigate potential avenues and methods for repairing said breach. I cannot imagine it will be easy, but if I have some idea of how to accomplish it... Well, I'd imagine that would help move the conversations at this coming meeting towards being more productive than acrimonious.

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +2 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1 The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ;|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ;;☐☐☐ || Location:Magic lab

OOC posted:

Murphy is going to be spending her time investigating the infection, unless her boss has a job for her. Maybe find out why the infected creatures looks like miniature tooth fairies, and also hey, how is that tooth fairy doing! She won't invite anyone to the party, but warn Nessa what's up and collaborate with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: 1/5 (Not fine) || Corruption: 1/5 || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)

Once we managed to get everything more or less sorted, we got Malcolm situated and once he had more of his blood on the inside than the outside, he gives me a lead to pass on to the Cockroach King a bit out of earshot from everyone else.

So, that's all sorted.

But personally? I've been putting feelers out for a meetup with Callista Matriana and the Kingmaker. Sounds like they've got the scratch to help me move up to the big leagues, and I'm sure we can come to some sort of equitable arrangement.

  • Locked thread