Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d8fRkHp-FQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

lol

Not remotely efficient of course, but for when you truly, utterly, want to screw over some unfortunate land nation.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Lord Koth posted:

lol

Not remotely efficient of course, but for when you truly, utterly, want to screw over some unfortunate land nation.

Aren't a couple nations' capitals always coastal provinces? If so, indeed: lol. lmao

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Lol that would certainly be a reason to bother to put domes up.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Does the storm flight bless also negate the precision penalty when shooting/casting spells inside a storm, like having the trait does in Dom5?

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
...I wonder how it interacts with sailing nations, or partially amphibious ones like Fomoria.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Lord Koth posted:

lol

Casting it with second sun to recreate global warming

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Just started playing again, and I hear a new version is coming out. Very exciting. Any idea if snek.earth will port over or stay with Dom5?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

The problem is that it isn't actually a double threat - or at the very least isn't based on what's been shown. Normal Jotun don't get any benefit from cold, they just don't take fatigue penalties and come with snow move. The dangerous part of engaging Niefel in their cold scales is entirely based on their cap only sacreds, which Muspel obviously doesn't get. So unless you're like, I dunno, summoning a bunch of Draugr or something, the cold scales do literally nothing positive for you other than helping out your economy. But they also dumpster the stats of your sacreds due to Fire Power. Meanwhile, trying to go against that and just go Heat scales certainly helps your sacreds, but your economy will suffer and all your non-cap troops will eat huge fatigue penalties since they favor the cold.

i.e. You don't NEED to kill their cold scales, you can just march right in and have an advantageous engagement since they can't effectively bring their sacreds to bear.

sounds like a sacred that's highly effective as an invading force but not as a home defense, seems reasonable in concept

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

ninjewtsu posted:

sounds like a sacred that's highly effective as an invading force but not as a home defense, seems reasonable in concept

Their cap gets A LOT of heat scales by default, so at least it can deter someone who wants to do an early cap rush.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Tulip posted:

I'd be willing to read your script, I've got a pretty easy to understand American accent that people tend to like.

I will put it as a guide in the Dominions 6 thread. You can take it and try to do a video, if you like.

Speaking of...
I would need some sick and/or funny gifs of Dominions.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

...I'll admit, I was NOT expecting Muspelheim to be a cold favored nation. And honestly going to need the spells, because having Fire Power on your cap only sacreds (particularly the Jarl) when you presumably want neutral/cold scales in general doesn't seem great.

edit: For those not checking the stream, Muspelheim's recruitment list is literally just normal Jotun and Gygja with the exception of their cap where they get a site giving cap-only recruitment of Muspel Jotuns and fire versions of Niefel Jarls, Giants and Gygjas. Cold favored +2 for the entire nation other than the cap, where it's Heat favored +3 instead (and they get a site boosting it to the max of 5).

Streamer unfortunately hasn't really gone through the vast majority of the spell lists, but Conjuration at least is just standard Norse fare with no addtions.

It's a bit strange, for ages it was commented that Muspelheim was a possible new nation, but it seems they didn't do it because they didn't have a good novel idea for it, they didn't want to make 'Niefelheim, but hot giants instead of cold giants', a simple reskin. So when they said some months ago they had new inspiration and finally were going to do them, people expected something more... bold. Not literally Niefielheim, but with a capital with 'hot giants instead of cold giants'.
Although the current combo present an interesting dilemma in what to do with them.

I guess the best will be just play with them with your cold troops, and then strike with the hot ones when you get out of your dominion and into an opponent with hot scales.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I'm gonna play them when the game is out, see how they do. Might have some interesting things,

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
What are their magic paths? Do they have meaningful greater access to Fire or Earth?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Ynglaur posted:

What are their magic paths? Do they have meaningful greater access to Fire or Earth?

ya they have a any fort mage that is like a gygja with fire

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Ah dang didn't realize we were so close to the release date.

I was going to be social next weekend but may just cloister down and create insane gods.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

Fire, Air, Death, Glamour, Blood, Astral and Nature. Most of those are from Gygja, unsurprisingly. There IS a Muspelgygja variant, but it's cap-only. Outside the cap it's just normal Gygjas available. There's also one new mage called the Muspeldottir who's recruit anywhere. That mage is F1A1D1 and 1 random (they didn't show off what it was, but it's probably FAD). Similar to a Gygja it's non-sacred, but it also isn't old and is only 2 CP.

Muspel Godes are F1H2 and an FAD random. Muspelgygjas are F2A1 and 2 randoms (probably a 3rd percentage chance one too). Muspel Jarls are F3A1D1 and a random. So their Fire access is at least alright. Absolutely no Earth in evidence which would have been nice given magma, but I guess that would have made them too similar to Abysia. Or something. As a universal game change, Gygjas gained Glamour on their random list.

Gems are 3 Fire, 1 Air, 1 Death, and 1 Water. Yes, they get a water gem. No, they have no innate access to any water mages.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

their cap and also abysias caps are basically locked to heat 5 btw so they are ultra hosed up for anyone to invade. ea abysias annointed of rhuax have like 30 strength unblessed in their cap nowadays

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
When will Dominions restore SC power to Dominions 3 levels? I assume Dom6 is more similar to Dom5? I want to play dress up and move around 20 guys, not spend an hour a turn micromanaging a bunch of armies.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 13, 2024

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

No, if anything I suspect thugs/SCs are harder to do. Some of the spells and items used for them were nerfed.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Pain of Mind posted:

When will Dominions restore SC power to Dominions 3 levels? I assume Dom6 is more similar to Dom5? I want to play dress up and move around 20 guys, not spend an hour a turn micromanaging a bunch of armies.

Probably trending the other way, sorry.

It's a bit of a shame that unlike tac shooters or mobas, or for that matter tactical RPGs, the space for games like Dominions is so small that its basically just Dominions so if you have a desire for it to be executed *a bit* differently you're largely out of luck. Or you could mod the hell out of it I guess.

Turin Turambar posted:

I will put it as a guide in the Dominions 6 thread. You can take it and try to do a video, if you like.

I can only really do the voice tbh, I'm awful with video editing, so if you or another person would make the video elements that's all good.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

some guys can get 100% elemental resists in dom 6! this makes it maybe less impossible

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

As it's usually said, :just post:, sooo
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051730

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lord Koth posted:

Fire, Air, Death, Glamour, Blood, Astral and Nature. Most of those are from Gygja, unsurprisingly. There IS a Muspelgygja variant, but it's cap-only. Outside the cap it's just normal Gygjas available. There's also one new mage called the Muspeldottir who's recruit anywhere. That mage is F1A1D1 and 1 random (they didn't show off what it was, but it's probably FAD). Similar to a Gygja it's non-sacred, but it also isn't old and is only 2 CP.

Muspel Godes are F1H2 and an FAD random. Muspelgygjas are F2A1 and 2 randoms (probably a 3rd percentage chance one too). Muspel Jarls are F3A1D1 and a random. So their Fire access is at least alright. Absolutely no Earth in evidence which would have been nice given magma, but I guess that would have made them too similar to Abysia. Or something. As a universal game change, Gygjas gained Glamour on their random list.

Gems are 3 Fire, 1 Air, 1 Death, and 1 Water. Yes, they get a water gem. No, they have no innate access to any water mages.

fifty turns and now they do

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Google Jeb Bush posted:

fifty turns and now they do

I mean, if you want to get technical then Gygjas have access to the paths to summon Fairy Queens (with some boosting), who are now N3G3 and a +2 W/A/E random. So it's not like it can't be used eventually, but it'll likely be a while barring the PG or some indie mage.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Tulip posted:

Probably trending the other way, sorry.

It's a bit of a shame that unlike tac shooters or mobas, or for that matter tactical RPGs, the space for games like Dominions is so small that its basically just Dominions so if you have a desire for it to be executed *a bit* differently you're largely out of luck. Or you could mod the hell out of it I guess.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Solium Infernum to be a streamlined equivalent. Obviously a fraction of the complexity of Dominions, but I think there's a solid niche for exactly that.

Assuming they don't gently caress it up of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Dom 6 thread here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051730&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

I didn’t realize it went up four days ago, so for the convenience of anyone too reliant on bookmarked threads…

Edit: goddamn I’m just blind

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 18, 2024