Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
I only play against bots (or occasionally my bf) but Ubar is ridiculously fun. Goes real well (again, vs bots) with a scales build and you kinda just explode out in your expansion while the brass city is sealed. Once the city opens, the new units are great for attacking provinces deep in enemy territory, and the camel riders are neat for setting up shop while cut-off in lieu of a fort, since they recruit everywhere.

Having lots of luck thugging with the ifrit sultans and the 1/month cap ifrit warriors, and a few of the bodyguard jinn. Also the corruptors/seducers are nice to spam out every now and then. I've basically depopulated all of neighboring helheim and vanheim's commanders, so I don't get too much magic harass. Can't imagine I'd be having such an easy time in MP, but it's really easy to overwhelm the CPU players with how Ubar can just be... everywhere?

Also you get free 0 upkeep units w/ 2 fire and some air all game, which is neat for quick site searching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

no

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

i did a decent amount of MP in dom 3/4, nowadays I prefer to just play around and bash out an entire game in a few sittings at my own pace. Mostly it's scheduling/coordinating/submitting on time that I have zero interest in keeping up with

I pretty much only play with ppl that I live with anymore