Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i can't wait to buy dom 5 when i have actual money!!!

and then make more pd!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Your pd's performance is now tracked in the battle report greatly enhancing gameplay.

god bless illwinter for giving us players what we REALLY want

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Enjoy posted:

Yeah they pick targets better, although moving units seem to be able to outpace incoming projectiles which is dumb. Arrows should move a lot faster now that you can dodge them.

actually, does the speed boost from blessings and poo poo affect projectiles too? or just guys running around very fast :thunk:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

Things the OP should have :

-map generator link by Corbeau. https://corbeau.itch.io/cartographic-revision
-Jbrereton pretender pack for noobs dropbox link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/lovdgxlt9lv2f8w/newlords%20EA.zip?dl=0)
-Jbrereton summary nation list (see last pages of the Dom4 thread)
-Discord link / IRC / llamaserver / whatever links used for MP
-Primer/noob guide (the basics are still same as Dom4, see first two posts)
-Summary of keyboard shortcuts, with the ? key in bold)
-Music guy link: https://petergundry.bandcamp.com
-A pair of sick combat gifts!

clown mod gifs

clown mod for dom5 when

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

ktifox lp turn 23: finally all twelve of my provinces have 100 pd.

the trick to make this happen is to actually take turmoil 3 and luck 3 because then you get ton of money events while still having enough points for your other scales to not suffer :goonsay:

also i sadly can't afford the game right now but when i can darn skippy imma buy it

edit: also i originally in my very first game was not aware of PD at all and never raised it any which lead to hilarious defeat almost instantly. luckily, i learned from that and grew from a new player into one that hates vine shields and aoe attacks.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Scales are for the weak and you can make up for it when you siege someone's cap on turn ten.

this is a personal attack on my persons and values

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Just lol if you don't leave maenad_death_scream.wav and elefant.wav at max volume always.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

being a spiteful gently caress when you realize you aren't going to take it all is a core component of normal dom gameplay

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

violent sex idiot posted:

nope, you can have a fire and water mage cast the spells that give those auras already, or have a bless that is both of those auras even for every unit you have.

hotflash bless

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Jomon's powerful samurai cannot and will not be beaten, they are too honorable

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Good thing for the world that every other indie province has crossbows, then.

The tower knights of Avalon cannot be beaten, for their honour is too great

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

ugh its Troika posted:

What happens if you cast Fade of Oedipus, but whoever cast Eyes of God doesn't actually have eyes?

I think EoG is still canceled out but no damage happens to the caster?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

i think my brainwrinkle pass was like 1234 or some poo poo and i never bothered passwording my actual in game nations

this way i can always yell it wasn't my poo poo tactics that got me beaten but people metagaming my poo poo

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

violent sex idiot posted:

no, they made yomi much worse

how

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

stealth shaming the folks who haven’t uploaded

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

All the magic water gets diluted by the not magic water bing bong bing so simple

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Gotta admit managing to make that deal is pretty cunning.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

:mad:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

i really forgot how god awful ryleh's troops are

after the second event with randoms retaking a province from me in year one i said gently caress it and ai'd

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Things I learned:

Caelum good
Birds fragile
Frozen heart ice crafters love to self buff instead and not frozen heart
Fata Morgana is underwhelming

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Nation of immobile rocks you say...

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

amazing as gently caress

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

is it immobile or can it be rolled around

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

ZypherIM posted:

IIRC from when he was refining it a bit in chat, it is immobile but can do teleport action.

BORING

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I hope all the poo poo I threw at everyone helped, god bless thetis blessing

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

:thunk:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what have sausages got to do with it

Pretenders can have a little salami

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

does bee nation have a yellow bear that likes honey as a national hero

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why would he bee a hero? he eats all their hunny

should be a new mercenary imo

naw make it one of those nation only negative events and have him and his pals be like bogus

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

ok that owns way more than a dumb Winnie the pooh ref

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

What if napalm, but it chases you

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

modpud was a piece of poo poo lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

Oh, so she wasn't even a l33t hacker, just used the password she was supposed to not use as an admin. LOL

she then bragged about how much better she was at the game than other folk too lol

Libluini posted:

Since I now know that they're different people, I can forgive Lilli for cheating, since she taught me how to probably amass mages to smash people's faces in.

By smashing my face in. :v:

But details, details. The important thing is, I learned a lot by losing to her in Dom3.

Same, really, I often cheat like a motherfucker in single-player games, depending on how lovely they are and how fun I consider dealing with their shittyness honestly at the moment. But multiplayer? Fighting other players is the whole point of multiplayer, if you cheat against real people, you're just cheapening your own experience. At that point, why even care about winning? Or playing against people anyway, for that matter. If you don't want real fights, the AI is always there for you

Same, I cheat like mad in single player games if it makes it more fun for me but cheating in MP is some pissant poo poo no matter what game it is barring cheating to skip grinding elements gently caress needing to get 45 nut shots to unlock a fun gun or amassing 300 bear asses to get a bow that lets you actually play with your friends

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

real bruh moments

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

How are u posted:

Atlantis (kitfox) rules the Pacific, but isn't going to do anything but sit and fort up.

Atlantis, in a show of incredible solidarity, throws up the global Thetis' Blessing, which allows any land unit to go underwater without special gear or magic.

:smuggo:

You forgot to mention it taking me multiple turns to randomly mail out all the magic poo poo I’d forged and gotten from events before I went AI too. :downs:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

How are u posted:

You also attacked and sacked a Pelagian fort, under the effect of angry water at that. It was a Rohan moment in my game headcannon. Kitfox rising to the occasion despite his nature.

something horn of gondor idk lotr stuff

edit: or wait is this a jojo ref :iiam:

gonadic io posted:

Don't worry, clownlp will restore the Kitfox canon.

what’s this now, real life has shitted a bit lately so I haven’t kept up with new games since I haven’t had energy to do late game dom and signing up knowing you’ll ai is weak

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

oh

yeah I’ve mostly just sat around in it yeah :effort:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

I like to imagine Kitfox is really doing a multi-year, multi-game big ruse and eventually he will a game where everyone ignores him by doing a super aggressive move. No one will see it coming!

:hmmyes:

alternatively just crash the server with pd again

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

still sad it was just a useless large sprite basically and not a pretender chassis. testing is for suckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

coward