Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I bought this game and feel bad about it.

I'm not going to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

MA ulm is advantaged in that they can get citadels, and start with one for that sweet 3 commander points a turn meaning that they can roll 3 mages every two turns for more research and utility.

Having a citadel in an age when most people do not is a large advantage.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Especially since those 3 mages are likely capable of throwing some of the best evocations in the game.

Yes, ma agartha can actually get themselves citadels as well thanks to a hero, so taking luck on them can be a pretty drat good investment.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Asehujiko posted:

As EA niefelheim my composition is mostly skinshifter troops and niefel jarl thugs, right? What kind of bless would I put on the latter? regeneration seems a given due to their hugeness and thus high hp per turn regenerated, does chill aura stack with their natural chill aura, or maybe enlarge to make them extra huge? Likewise with gear, is it worth giving coral blades at construction 2 for the extra hp(and thus regeneration), holy water to cut buff time by a turn,reinvigoration boots and horror helmets or save gems up for construction 4 and frost brands, all of which they can craft for themselves?

Alternatively, instead of gear, are there other early self buffs I can research for them?

Jarls are huge and can run with practically any buff.

Regen of course is great with their hp.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

but you can now mod in BringerofFortune... give all gods BOF 100

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I blind expand with the ulm starting force all the time. Gearing up your pretender is good because geared up she can likely roll that heavy cav or whatever province as well.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Applebee123 posted:

what does sow dragons teeth do, and who gets access to it?

Arco has it battle spell 1 earth gem for 5 skellingtons with pants.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Normal Adult Human posted:

creating a brand new promotion tag and applying it exclusively to slave chaff who will never get 1/10 of the way there is really cool. Videogames are art.

Its there for other units to use in the future. Prepare for our glorious upgrading skeleton future.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

The Sultans are Big Bois yeah. They have both Fire power and Magic Power so in what province you fight in will be important. There is 260p Titan Pretender equivalent for the nation, too, which in my first test game gained feebledminded against the first indie nation I attacked lol. He is also salt vulnerable 4, if that 4 means he has more chances of being stunned with the salt, maybe he will have a clear counter.

The game had for now 11 new nations since Dom4, at the current price of the game that results in... 3,36€ per nation.

the 4 means he can take at most 4 damage from salt.

Lord Koth posted:

So briefly glancing at the new nation, one of their cap sites has an interesting new effect.

In total they've got five cap sites, but three of them are listed as "This site is not available from the start, but might appear later on," and do include unit unlocks. Two of them also produce gems, so they're only producing 5 gems a turn prior to them appearing, rather than the EA default 6, but jump up to 7 after.

edit: One of those unlocked units costs SIX commander points.

Random is AES, with an additional 10% chance for FAES.

They've also got a 340 gold spy with Corrupter and magic paths.

He costs 6 but the magic site turns the fort into a +2 admin so effectively 2 turns anyway.

Also the camel riders are god tier. Because they have bird minions that battlespawn into existence as a free ablative shield while they shoot bows at your enemies.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 3, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Rush burden of time, cast it with your pretender, and then emerge from the sea to go conquer the land. Make sure you have access to some kind of A1W1 mage to make fish amulets or plan on empowering someone to do this. Take maximum negative scales for everything except magic and luck.

Your fish live literally thousands of years and you should focus heavily on magic searching every province you own as best you can. I generally do this with a lich pretender to cover most paths with the aboleths covering the water/astral stuff.

Particularly against the AI, anything else is agony. They will spam thousands of units wandering around in stacks and if you bankrupt everyone + drive them to extinction it's much more manageable. Rely heavily on summoning spells to staff your armies with undead and magical constructs, as you will end up as bankrupt as everyone else. Hidden in X spells, ether warriors etc are great options.

I don't have a current version of a god that'll win (you will in fact still mostly lose. EA Rlyeh is very bad lol), but this guy is pretty close to what I would go for.

A3D8N4, all bad scales except magic and luck, with as much dominion as I could pump into him.

Turn 14 BoT is pretty good

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am interested in the scale changes, I am going to assume like Ea nefils and Abysia are naturally pushed towards cold 5 heat 5 respectively (or just 4?) and still do well with those scales while punishing everyone else?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I'm still gonna rush BoT and give everyone cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I'm gonna play them when the game is out, see how they do. Might have some interesting things,