Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010
Taking the Air go fast bless x5 gives your units +150% combat speed. Taking Water's quickness adds 100% combat speed, and these will stack and multiply together to get up a total of 5x combat speed if you take them both.

In totally unrelated news, Helhirdings wielding light lances were seen doing 50 base damage on their first hit after a charge earlier today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Can anybody post the new pretenders?

I think it's the ones with unit # 3090 - 3092. These are:

EA Ur / MA Uruk - Enkidu great sage. 3191. S1. +10 point cost over a Sage and -5 research points, but has somewhat better physical stats (25 hp).
EA/MA/LA Xibalba - Great Camazotz. 3192. Zotz stats - stealthy, flying, blood search+1, blind, cold-blooded, forest survival, 8 hp. B1D1. 80 pts.
MA Uruk. 3190. Bone Mother. D1, Stealthy 40, Fortuneteller 25. Swamp Survival. 20 hp.

Great Gray Shrike fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 29, 2018

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010
If Abyssia could have something in exchange for taking Growth, that would be great.

If you take growth you get reduced benefits, but if you don't, all your ancient mages with terribly low starting-to-age-to-death immediately get sick and die of old age in winter. It really really hurts to play without growth as abyssia, but you get less benefits than everyone else.

Maybe some positive events triggering off of growth for abyssia? Or items/rituals to let abyssia withstand diseases better? I don't even know, but something to make the whole "ignores part of growth" thing less of a terrible disadvantage would be good.

Great Gray Shrike fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 15, 2018

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010
I haven't had a problem with people using Soul Vortex + Phoenix Pyre SCs before now. Maybe that will change with the new LA Phlegra, but I haven't been seeing people dominate games by using a bunch of Rudra or Dai Oni or geared Bakemono Sorcerers or whatever. If anything, I'd like more SC strategies brought up in power, rather than removing one of the few ways to make SCs that isn't a waste of time and effort and gems.

Conceptually the whole SC thing is one of the coolest things in Dominions; I'd like the game to be more supportive of SCs in general, rather than less. Like, when was the last time you even saw a Tartarian or Seraph in multiplayer?

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010
Temp Gem items can be made with hammers, which somewhat changes the calculus. 3 battles isn't nearly as hard, and nations like Ulm can make them for 2, which is decidedly a bargain.

Another big factor is that enemies can run you out of regular gems, but they can't run you out of temp gems as easily. If your enemy sends a big enough remote attack spell to trigger gem usage, or cloud trapezing/teleporting guys to trigger gem usage, then you can run out of gems on your guys before a big crucial battle unless you supply everyone with an overabundance of gems.

You can give a lot of E2F1 Ulm Smiths Fire in a Jars to be E2F2 and they can phoenix power off of that, and then be conveniently E2F2 to cast magma eruptions.