Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Bought game a few days ago. Having alot of fun but goddamn is it a pain in the rear end to set up a direct connection game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

MF_James posted:

This has always been a pain because your ISP blocks ports so you don't run game/web servers (also security I guess, but that's an after effect), also your router will not automatically know where to forward ports to either and might even just drop some traffic if it's not part of an existing connection.

I assume dominions ports aren't documented properly in the manual but I'm sure someone has figured out what ports you need to forward from your router to get a game going.

Thats the easiest part! I just opened a port on my router lke in the old times. The difficult part is that you need to have a dedicated host client open AND a client that you play on open. Steam doesnt like this of course and it impacts your CPU and such.

So you need to open a command line text box client to run the session as host and then open the game proper and connect to yourself while your friends connect to your ip.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
MA Marignon probably my favorite so far.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
They are Swedish