Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

ktifox lp turn 23: finally all twelve of my provinces have 100 pd.

If I recall, that led to a few surprise wins early on when people moved unsuitable thugs into provinces not expecting anyone to be dumb enough to buy 100 pd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Turin Turambar posted:

Things the OP should have :
-Jbrereton summary nation list (see last pages of the Dom4 thread)

quote:

EA:

Kirkostaculis - Greeks, in communions
Dinkobonkulis - it's rome, fire, death and astral
Rinkydinkulis - conans, earth
Chunkyhonkulis - gauls, earth + astral
Quackyduckulis - scythians, death magic, can blood sac but priests are shite
Pumpyhulkulis - spring + autumn china. Mages variable.
Dermatitis - animals + tribal troops. Good at death, fire, and earth, some nature.
Fruitypoopulis - aztecs. Superseded somewhat by xibalba.
Honkybonkybinkyboopulis - lava guys
Droopydinkulis - flying air mages
Kinkostaculis - egypt, but it's lizards. Death magic mostly.
Bumplyboopulis - tryhard centaur faction. Like forests. Earth, Nature, Blood, Water, steals/assassinates enemy mages.
Inklydinklywinkle - cave goons. Good at busting forts.
Wallybongulis - celtic elves. Cast spells slower but less fatigue.
Chunderblome - wonky giants + elves. Good as heck. Lots of air + death, can sail.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Are there any good lists of good Thug builds?

Right now I'm stealing the guide in that tutorial linked earlier, Skratti with Frost Brand, Vine Shield, Horror Helmet and Shroud.

I feel like they're really good, but I don't know how one would conclude that these are good items in the first place, compared to all the zillions of other options.

Also, I got a peasant commander event. How should I build this guy into Sheeplord, master of the pastures?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Summons in battle 2x Giraffe, 2x Hippopotamus, 2x frog, 2x lion...

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I remember when they added that goofy fish pretender for a patch.

Edit: Celestial Carp.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 5, 2017

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm half disappointed that there's no --cli switch.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I attempted to do this with a failed Mictlan Dew promotional contest. It at least got some laughs.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

The Chad Jihad posted:

Make a dominions mobile app that is just the combat portion and you just pick nations and units and watch them fight please help I'm bored at work

I feel like that would be super helpful to new players if that kind of tool existed.

Something to let players do a trial run of a thug against prefab or custom armies.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Is your system time permanently set to Jan 1 1970 or something?

Edit:
Your system dice are jammed. Shake your computer around a little to add some entropy.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
They should do updates where you get a little envelope with cut out paragraphs that you have to glue over the replaced sections.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I assume it affects the spawn rate of lumberjacks, etc.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Someone needs to mod in a magical realism nation where turtling in a single province for 100 years works, national spells that let you flood the world with the tears of a virgin who's husband dies on her wedding day.

Edit: Basically everything in this article: https://www.theonion.com/u-n-report-on-magical-realism-warns-of-increased-incid-1819576470

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 7, 2018

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm pretty sure this is suboptimal, but I had the goofiest idea pop into my head this morning:
Larger Bless
Niefel Jarl
Stymphalian Wings

Just picture a whole flock.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Boing posted:

An Actually Good thing to do with Stymphalian Wings is to put them on Golems who can also cast Body Ethereal and Astral Shield. They make very strong thugs that can fly around your opponent's lands and take out infinity PD since they are lifeless and mindless and therefore immune to fatigue and many other things that end up killing thugs.

However if your Stymphalian Wing Golem Thug meets another Stymphalian Wing Golem Thug you get some very embarrassing fights:

I was loving my mental image of flying giants, but this here is better in every conceivable way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Donkringel posted:

You know, I just realized a game of Dominions would be an incredible setting for DND.

How many times do we have to kill this samog rear end in a top hat before he finally dies?