Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
shambling corpse of a fast food franchise buys dessicated husk of a chain restaurant for enough money to give everyone in america enough money to buy three gross roast beef sandwiches

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four

I read that as $2.48 and thought maybe some guys from arbys were going to buffalo wild wings for lunch and they were having some sort of really cheap special.

cda

by Hand Knit
carls jr. to buy bennigans for the GDP of Bhutan.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
hello, my name is arby, I would like to eat your wings

----------------

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
Capitalism is pretty absurd

Like billions of dollars for like this like infrastructure to support these weird independently owned "mega-bars" that exist to sell the huge amounts of the part of chickens that literally have the least meat on them

----------------

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's probably a bunch of people at at like both Arbys corporate and Buffalo Wild Wings corporate who are losing their minds right now because this is such an important part of their lives

"Wow this is the most consequential thing I've ever been a part of"
-some Arbys person

they aren't even wrong it is a very big deal like that's so much money

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
I remember the BWW Sale of '17....two point four billion smackeroos to own a restaurant that makes you feel like you're eating in a stall of an abandoned train station bathroom

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
I just...can you imagine two less essential restaurants than Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings? If every single one disappeared, nobody would miss a beat. And yet here they are, merging for not just millions, but billions of dollars.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
It's like...van kamp's seafood merging with red baron pizza. who gives a poo poo. But for enough money to buy a B-2 Stealth Bomber.

----------------

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Wings can be good but lol if you get them from BWW.

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Also, here is my Arby's story. So, I knew they were poo poo, but there is one next to my work, but I was hungry, and I was sure they must have something that wasn;t awful. I got mozza sticks. Mozza sticks are two things, cheese, and breading, deep fried. How can you screw that up? Well, they did.

cda

by Hand Knit
I believe it.

----------------

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chasterson posted:

Like billions of dollars for like this like infrastructure to support these weird independently owned "mega-bars"

Just like to go over this point a little bit

it's not even like Arbys is buying all the buildings that Buffalo Wild Wings use, those are owned by the franchisees

it's mostly like a brand, like an intellectual property, like we're all telling each other this story about this restaurant chain called Buffalo Wild Wings and that's where the bulk of the 2.4 billion comes from

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
"It was a dark and saucy night. A sudden bolt of lightning illuminated the bus depot and cast a lurid glare on the face of a homeless man as he gnawed on a bone. 'Welcome to Buffalo Wild Wings,' he muttered."

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
Gather 'round children and hear the tale of Buffalo Wild Wings.

----------------

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I wonder what new menu items might result from this merger?

Beefy wings?
Wing sandwiches?
Hot and Wild curly fries?

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo

cda posted:

"It was a dark and saucy night. A sudden bolt of lightning illuminated the bus depot and cast a lurid glare on the face of a homeless man as he gnawed on a bone. 'Welcome to Buffalo Wild Wings,' he muttered."

cda posted:

Gather 'round children and hear the tale of Buffalo Wild Wings.

For real, this is basically like what Buffalo Wild Wings IS, it's just like squiggles on a page

and now the value generated by those squiggles will go to the same people who made money from selling people the idea of a Hat shaped logo to put on their roast beef stand

it's hosed

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

Barking Gecko posted:

I wonder what new menu items might result from this merger?

Beefy wings?
Wing sandwiches?
Hot and Wild curly fries?

Combination Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

----------------

Rushi

by Smythe
y'all talking crap but when bww gets my letter to actually use those tvs and throw on cute animal videos its gonna be the only place byobers eat at

----------------

Rushi

by Smythe
that post brought 2 u by arbys

----------------

Macnult

Arby’s on a mission to build the world’s most disappointing truck stop

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Twenty Four posted:

I read that as $2.48 and thought maybe some guys from arbys were going to buffalo wild wings for lunch and they were having some sort of really cheap special.

Same, I thought the OP was making a joke about one Z-grade brand buying another Z-grade brand for pocket change, but I think the real purchase price is actually a bigger joke.

That said, I do like me some Arby's classic roast beef sandwiches on occasion, self-abusing gutwreckers that they are.

----------------

Twenty Four

Beef n Cheddars are pretty good but I only get like one every other year so it's like some trashy treat or something.

Arby's curly fries are a good curly fry.

I have never been to a buffalo wild wings but I imagine it to be WILD

Also I am not joking as I was typing this out there was an Arby's commercial on TV and the ending phrase was "Arby's, we don't make sense, we make sandwiches".

joke_explainer

cda posted:

It's like...van kamp's seafood merging with red baron pizza. who gives a poo poo. But for enough money to buy a B-2 Stealth Bomber.

That would have got you like two and a half B-2 stealth bombers, instead of a restaurant chain that feels more like a psychological experiment plumbing the depths of human dignity that can be willingly discarded by consumers.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Twenty Four posted:

Beef n Cheddars are pretty good but I only get like one every other year so it's like some trashy treat or something.

Oh god, Beef N' Cheddars are what you might think would be one of the more promising Arby's menu items, and somehow they manage to blow it spectacularly with bland cheese product and that terrible-rear end sweet red sauce.

You probably get them so rarely because your mind keeps forgetting how awful they are, and then it cruelly lulls you into thinking absurdly hopeful ideas like "Well, it has been a couple years, they probably switched up the ingredients providers and it's different now!"

----------------

Koishi Komeiji

I get that you guys don't like B Dubs but if the 2.4 billion is surprising, you are vastly underestimating America's appetite for sad mediocre chicken wings and beer served in a "sports" setting. Their slogan is "Wings. Beer. Sports." They're America's pub :shrug:

Also Paul Givens is a absolute monster. My bro is like: "How dare you talk poo poo about B Dubs. Approach me." And then he just eviscerates that guy Mortal Kombat style.

Robot Made of Meat

I wonder how much Arby's would have paid if they still featured Weck?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Twenty Four

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Oh god, Beef N' Cheddars are what you might think would be one of the more promising Arby's menu items, and somehow they manage to blow it spectacularly with bland cheese product and that terrible-rear end sweet red sauce.

You probably get them so rarely because your mind keeps forgetting how awful they are, and then it cruelly lulls you into thinking absurdly hopeful ideas like "Well, it has been a couple years, they probably switched up the ingredients providers and it's different now!"

This sounds about right, and I did say trashy treat, like "oh its fast food that isn't a burger" as if that somehow makes it better, even if it is just meat with mediocre cheese sauce and some pretty good curly fries. I think it just comes down to being something different? The inconsistency I get them would back that up like you said.

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I wonder how much Arby's would have paid if they still featured Weck?

What is this? Searching for it I get either some brand of jars or a radio station?

vanisher

cda posted:

carls jr. to buy bennigans for the GDP of Bhutan.

Koishi Komeiji

Twenty Four posted:

What is this? Searching for it I get either some brand of jars or a radio station?

joke_explainer

I love it. I want an oral history of sale of Buffalo Wild Wings to be emailed to me next week by a news aggregator I ignore.

Robot Made of Meat

Twenty Four posted:

Wikipedia: "Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck,[9] from which the abbreviation bw-3 was created (the third W was for the beef on weck sandwich, a staple of the Buffalo region)"

Internet source: "Weck rolls are cousins to the Brotchen and Kaiser rolls but are prepared and shaped differently. They are traditionally topped with coarse salt, poppy seeds, caraway seeds or sesame seeds before being baked."

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
their corporate slogan was recently changed to "arbys: we've got the meats," which was a clue... this was the first part of their mission to fulfill that statement. they had roast beef, they now have chicken. next are fish, pork, lamb, turkey, and bison. BWW is just the tip of the iceberg, fellas. by the time the meat megacorporation is formed, trillions will have been spent. lives will be lost, but you can't make a meat omelette

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Twenty Four

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Wikipedia: "Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck,[9] from which the abbreviation bw-3 was created (the third W was for the beef on weck sandwich, a staple of the Buffalo region)"

Internet source: "Weck rolls are cousins to the Brotchen and Kaiser rolls but are prepared and shaped differently. They are traditionally topped with coarse salt, poppy seeds, caraway seeds or sesame seeds before being baked."

Huh, so a regional name for a beef sandwich... much like those roast beef sandwiches Arby's serves...

Meeksha posted:

their corporate slogan was recently changed to "arbys: we've got the meats," which was a clue... this was the first part of their mission to fulfill that statement. they had roast beef, they now have chicken. next are fish, pork, lamb, turkey, and bison. BWW is just the tip of the iceberg, fellas. by the time the meat megacorporation is formed, trillions will have been spent. lives will be lost, but you can't make a meat omelette

"Arby's: we got the endangered animals on the menu"

cda

by Hand Knit

Twenty Four posted:

"Arby's: we got the endangered animals on the menu"

lol

----------------

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
I liked Bennigan's

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

It's so loving tragic what they've done to the flying buffalo. I haven't seen one in years, and I bet you haven't either.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Zoo had one, yeah just one, and it was a mango habanero one but it got depressed being all by itself and refused to fly. Eventually they put it in with the regular buffaloes thinking that it wouldn't fly away, but jokes on them, IT FLEW AWAY. I hope it flew all the way up to that dang ol moon.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

• Locked thread