Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Sen. Teefs (D-Narnia), "I have introduced anti-trust legislation to block this merger. American democracy cannot survive further consolidation in the soggy meat industry."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust

karijo has been sitting on the barstool playing trivia for 30 hours nonstop. sure, the score looks impressive, but when you consider he's averaging 2/5 questions right, you start to wonder if he should really be in that number 1 spot.

ninja has answered every question correctly. he has a perfect score of 1 million... he's so stealthy and good at being a ninja that his score is hiding in the shadows and only appears to be 0.

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

blaise rascal posted:

Why would Arby's pay $2.4 billion for Buffalo Wild Wings when I can get them for $7.99?

Costco math. If Arby's buys $2.4 billion of BWW now, they'll be set for wings for life.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

google THIS

Imma pull a joke_explainer here

For anyone needing context, those trivia games are 15 multiple choice questions at a maximum 1000 points each, so max 15K points per game, with 5 possible answers for each question. You can change your answer at any time during a countdown period after the question gets asked but the point value drops steadily so the later you lock in the correct answer the fewer points you get. You also get three clues during the countdown. the first two help eliminate two random wrong answers and the last pretty much gives away the correct answer but only at the <300 point mark. So anything over 10K means you're either really smart or really lucky and 0 points means you either created a profile and didn't play or you're really slow on the pickup for fairly obvious clues.

I've been playing these games with my dad at various establishments since I was junior high age and could only gnaw on wings and jalapeño poppers as the smoke swirled round before the state went smoke-free. Buffalo Wild Wings is hardly the only chain to run them, you also see them at smaller regional chains and even singleton/mom & pop watering holes that may or may not also serve wings. I haven't yet seen one at an Arby's but maybe that's the bright future we get to look forward to.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
if you're going chain restaurant wings, wingstop is orders of magnitude better
1. has a cooler theme (rad wwii airplanes and bombers and stuff)
2. wings are much better
3. somewhat cheaper
4. no servers means you don't have to tip steven for refilling your drink 6 times in the 30 minutes you were there stop trying so hard man i have drank maybe 1 1/2 glasses total

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
Girls in short shorts and tight jerseys serving arbys sandwiches

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Ving Rhames doing advertisements wearing a buffalo costume but he doesn't have to alter his voice because his voice is already perfect for voicing a buffalo.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
So this fortune.com article indicates some hostile-takeovery moves leading up to this deal. They weren't just like, "oh hay can i buy yer shifty restaurant concept", they had to tryhard their way into it, which makes it even funnier to me.

I have noticed driving around at work that there are new, smaller footprint, bww's going in to strip malls. I would guess the Arby's-friendly forces that have already gained traction are pushing toward a fast-food concept to compete with wingstop and other stuff like that, and maybe push more delivery like pizza hut did in the 90s.

tldr: arbys and bww are gross pls dont eat there

cda

by Hand Knit

canyoneer posted:

if you're going chain restaurant wings, wingstop is orders of magnitude better
1. has a cooler theme (rad wwii airplanes and bombers and stuff)
2. wings are much better
3. somewhat cheaper
4. no servers means you don't have to tip steven for refilling your drink 6 times in the 30 minutes you were there stop trying so hard man i have drank maybe 1 1/2 glasses total

is it Wings Top or Wing Stop?

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

Hugh Malone posted:

So this fortune.com article indicates some hostile-takeovery moves leading up to this deal. They weren't just like, "oh hay can i buy yer shifty restaurant concept", they had to tryhard their way into it, which makes it even funnier to me.

I have noticed driving around at work that there are new, smaller footprint, bww's going in to strip malls. I would guess the Arby's-friendly forces that have already gained traction are pushing toward a fast-food concept to compete with wingstop and other stuff like that, and maybe push more delivery like pizza hut did in the 90s.

tldr: arbys and bww are gross pls dont eat there

Arbys General: Gentlemen, we must have Buffalo Wild Wings *unfolds a map of a strip mall*

----------------

alnilam

cda posted:

Arbys General: Gentlemen, we must have Buffalo Wild Wings *unfolds a map of a strip mall*

Jolo

cda posted:

is it Wings Top or Wing Stop?

Wing Stop

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

wearing a lampshade

At least now if people ask me if I've ever been to BWW I can jokingly reply "no, but I hear their curly fries are good" despite never having heard that from anyone.

wearing a lampshade

Arbys Wild Buffalo Deli Meat: Home of the Basket of Cold Cuts Tossed in Frank's Red Hot, 39¢ a slice on Tuesdays.

cda

by Hand Knit

Jolo posted:

Wing Stop

unlikely

----------------

Machai

cda posted:

I just...can you imagine two less essential restaurants than Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings? If every single one disappeared, nobody would miss a beat. And yet here they are, merging for not just millions, but billions of dollars.

Dairy Queen and Quiznos

cda

by Hand Knit
Sbarro's buys Sbarro's for $2.4B

Koishi Komeiji

Machai posted:

Dairy Queen and Quiznos

Don't talk poo poo about Dairy Queen :colbert:

cda

by Hand Knit
"Our financial advisors tell us that Sbarro's is ripe for a hostile takeover," said Sbarro's CEO Denny Sbarro. "Accordingly we will be making a bid of 2.4 billion dollars for this troubled chain of restaurants. We believe that we can turn it around." Sbarro's CEO Denny Sbarro did not return requests for a comment.

Jolo

Sbarro extended familial universe storytime:

While working at a sandwich shop, a girl came in with two dudes. She asked for a free sandwich and I explained that the sandwiches cost money. She told me that she was Heather Sbarro, and that her dad owned Sbarro's. I said ok. She told one of her dudes to buy her the sandwich but both dudes had no money. There was an impasse. I told her that if she cleaned the front window of the restaurant, I would give her a sandwich. She agreed. I handed her paper towels and cleaner and she handed them to her dudes and they cleaned the front windows. I gave her the sandwich and then told her that she should share it with her dudes. She left with her dudes in tow and I'd bet money that they didn't get any of that sandwich. Heather Sbarro is a natural leader and long may she reign.

Jolo

those two dudes were well on their way to becoming sex slaves for heather sbarro

alnilam

Jolo posted:

those two dudes were well on their way to becoming sex slaves for heather sbarro

ty manifisto

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
Heather Sbarro not only has the biggest slice of the pie, she has the whole drat pie piled high with extra pepperoni that she took from your slice of the pie.

You can't help but admire chutzpah like that, along with her spirited mastication.

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Jolo posted:

Sbarro extended familial universe storytime:

While working at a sandwich shop, a girl came in with two dudes. She asked for a free sandwich and I explained that the sandwiches cost money. She told me that she was Heather Sbarro, and that her dad owned Sbarro's. I said ok. She told one of her dudes to buy her the sandwich but both dudes had no money. There was an impasse. I told her that if she cleaned the front window of the restaurant, I would give her a sandwich. She agreed. I handed her paper towels and cleaner and she handed them to her dudes and they cleaned the front windows. I gave her the sandwich and then told her that she should share it with her dudes. She left with her dudes in tow and I'd bet money that they didn't get any of that sandwich. Heather Sbarro is a natural leader and long may she reign.

This really happened, wow!

----------------

joke_explainer

I was at the food court as a teenager once near closing time and Sbarros employees were looking depressed as always. I was trying to figure out what I wanted and the manager said ‘Hey, for 10 bucks I’ll give you everything left in the case.’ I paid the man and got two huge plastic bags full of Sbarros. It was like 15 lbs of food. Pizza, cheese bread, everything else. It started out bad, and got even worse cooling in a huge puddle of its own grease.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

joke_explainer posted:

I was at the food court as a teenager once near closing time and Sbarros employees were looking depressed as always. I was trying to figure out what I wanted and the manager said ‘Hey, for 10 bucks I’ll give you everything left in the case.’ I paid the man and got two huge plastic bags full of Sbarros. It was like 15 lbs of food. Pizza, cheese bread, everything else. It started out bad, and got even worse cooling in a huge puddle of its own grease.

It's like day-olds, but instead of perfectly good bread you got perfectly lovely bread.

google THIS

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

It's like day-olds, but instead of perfectly good bread you got perfectly lovely bread.

tfw you stop putting rat poison in your trash and homeless people still avoid your dumpster

sockingtonsworth

cda posted:

Sbarro's buys Sbarro's for $2.4B

stop coming up with all the good posts

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

google THIS posted:

tfw you stop putting rat poison in your trash and homeless people still avoid your dumpster

I'm going to assume that the rat poison was for rats in the first place, and you took it out to accommodate the homeless people

Elusif

I like Arby's

Robot Made of Meat

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

cda

by Hand Knit

It's called Bwwarby's now

sockingtonsworth

cda posted:

is that pronounced like how Wall-E says his name?

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

cda posted:

LOL

alnilam

sockingtonsworth posted:

is that pronounced like how Wall-E says his name?

thank you for reminding me that walll-e exists and is easily the best pixar filnm

I wonder if i can convince this bartender at buffalo wild wings to change this show of four sports commentators on mute talking (i assume) about sports that aren't currently happening on, to wall-e.

sockingtonsworth

Wall-E loving rules!!!!

joke_explainer

A good friend showed me why WALL-E is not a good film. There’s an entire ship full of people with a deep moral failing, completely lazy and worthless. How do they explain that to the audience? Oh, they’re all really fat.

Robot Made of Meat

joke_explainer posted:

A good friend showed me why WALL-E is not a good film. There’s an entire ship full of people with a deep moral failing, completely lazy and worthless. How do they explain that to the audience? Oh, they’re all really fat.

Perhaps someone needs to explain the joke to your good friend.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

look i know it's a whole nother debate whether fatness and fitness on an individual level are morally relevant but this was an entire society of people who 100% of them literally couldn't walk not because of an unfortunate disability but because they never tried, what do you expect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

if u want to discuss wall-e further we should probably take it to a new thread or at least the chat thread bc this thread is for celebrating the unholy union of house arby and the wild wing of buffalo

• Locked thread