Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

It's probably a billion times better than what the Flyers are calling hockey right now.

Oh it's like fun end to end sloppy, not like oozing garbage fire sloppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Why does Buchnevich have the least ice time on the team?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Wow so many chances to end that period

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
I'll take that period on a back to back, I thought the Hawks were going to look a lot worse than that.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
someone pissed in Pavel's oat meal this morning and it rules, he has angry face and angry play going

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
gently caress 'em up Buch

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Zodijackylite posted:

Why does Buchnevich have the least ice time on the team?

AV is a goddamn loving moron

e: seriously dude is obviously one of the most talented players on the team, constantly creates chances, now has 19 points in 25 games despite AV's fuckery, but the second AV feels the game is getting tight in any way he benches Buchnevich and loads Vesey up on icetime

Levitate fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 29, 2017

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Levitate posted:

AV is a goddamn loving moron

What can I look forward to when he's coaching the Flyers next year?

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Danick Martel had two shifts in the second period

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

What can I look forward to when he's coaching the Flyers next year?

It takes him probably 3 years to trust any talented offensive players but will immediately trust grinders and guys who "play the right way", his defensive system is rear end but your team will somehow overperform offensively and you'll have a winning team if you get decent goaltending and be frustrated that his faults seem to hold back his positives

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Levitate posted:

It takes him probably 3 years to trust any talented offensive players but will immediately trust grinders and guys who "play the right way", his defensive system is rear end but your team will somehow overperform offensively and you'll have a winning team if you get decent goaltending and be frustrated that his faults seem to hold back his positives

welp.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
It still doesn't make sense since Buch is really good all around in all situations. He even punched two guys in the face at the end of that period, and they were good punches.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dylan strome out there on the pregame interview looking like batman

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/nnstats/status/935691211054243842

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Zodijackylite posted:

It still doesn't make sense since Buch is really good all around in all situations. He even punched two guys in the face at the end of that period, and they were good punches.

Yeah but the Rangers aren't going by the same advanced stats we are.

AV does seem to be rolling 4 lines more evenly this game so that might be part of it, with Zibanejad out, but yeah Buch still seems to be the odd guy out when the coaches want to buckle down.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This is a disgrace

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Apparently the Hawks took a penalty as the period ended so Nashville gets to start the second with a power play, great.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Levitate posted:

Yeah but the Rangers aren't going by the same advanced stats we are.

AV does seem to be rolling 4 lines more evenly this game so that might be part of it, with Zibanejad out, but yeah Buch still seems to be the odd guy out when the coaches want to buckle down.

I'm not going by advanced stats, I'm going by looking good at playing hockey. Either way, Buch is obviously good.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao that giveaway by the oilers

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Second period starting out exactly like the first

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

goddammit Hayes

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress

THE

HAWWWWWWWWKS

:siren::siren:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress challenge.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/935693221954547712

lol

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
This is soul crushingly depressing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nvm, stands as called.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Neuvirth hit that puck lightly to Provorov and he just absolutely did not give a poo poo, the whole team has completely stopped giving a gently caress

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
There's some good news

https://twitter.com/davegisaac/status/935693892393062400

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
No way that's going to be goaltender interference

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Audible "Fire Hakstol" chant on radio broadcast

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There should've been an interference call on Carolina as well if they're going to get Dubois.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/935693838261411841 jesus loving christ

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok, NOW a challenge, before was Toronto calling in.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Hearing the "Fire Hakstol" chants on the TV broadcast.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm glad

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace posted:

gently caress

THE

HAWWWWWWWWKS

:siren::siren:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

aroo!

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Was Lehtera getting double shifted there or was he just unable to get off the ice because he sucks at everything

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
https://twitter.com/NHLAdamK/status/935694936162422790

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Was Lehtera getting double shifted there or was he just unable to get off the ice because he sucks at everything

yes

• Locked thread