Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't even know where to begin with this one.

Well there's 2 different ways you can go with Breaking Benjamin that we've discovered, then stopped thinking about it because we wasted enough time on that screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

"You know who you are."

This is for one of two reasons:
1. "You are not allowed to use my name, you fixed nothing I reported."
2. "Yes, Me, Myself and I, I know who I am!"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
what the gently caress is this lovely game, i hate it so much

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I

but

:psyduck:

That's now how licensing works!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Honestly I expect the bulk of the sins in this thing are just due to the author being young (not that I have a clue how old they were when this was made), and therefore prone to hubris. What do you think is gonna happen if you're, say, 16 years old and posting dev screenshots of your pet project, and suddenly everyone's talking about it? You lack the self-awareness to know that your output is poo poo, so you'll assume the good press is actually warranted and start dreaming bigger and bigger.

I know I had plenty of grandiose plans when I was a teenager; I was just fortunate enough to not be able to capitalize on nostalgia.

That would make sense, except he said had the original Mystic Quest on SNES cartridge, which makes it less likely he's a kid.

Cuazl
Mar 19, 2009

I dont know posted:

That would make sense, except he said had the original Mystic Quest on SNES cartridge, which makes it less likely he's a kid.

He's in his late twenties. He puts his name on everything so you'll inevitably find the guy if you go looking for information on his dumb game.

Speaking of:

Mystic Quest II: Seafall posted:

The game is going to be episodic in distribution (a new episode every 3 months) and played online. There will be many quests in this game, making it more open world instead of linear as the previous Mystic Quest was. The world will constantly be updated to include new locations outside of the main quest locations, making the game a RPG / MMORG hybrid.

This is a (very) small preview of the game. We are looking to releasing the first episode, Moonglow, on December 1st, 2014 (the same day as Mystic Quest Remastered). It will be available on PC, Android and iPhone,

FAQ
Q.Why is the subtitle Seafall?
A. This game is set in the land of Seafall, at the edge of Gaia’s ocean. It begins where Square left off, with Benjamin (now Zash) and Tristam on Mac’s ship looking for precious items.

Q. Will the game be free?
A. Unlike Mystic Quest Remastered, Mystic Quest II will require an online subscription as it will be an online RPG. It won’t be expensive though, just enough to keep the server going!

Q. I love the new soundtrack! Can I download it?
A. The soundtrack is due to be released on iTunes when the game launches.

Q. Why the shift to an online game? Mystic Quest was single player?
A. We are moving the game online so it can be expanded on continuously, giving you new areas, dungeons and towns to explore and complete quests.It will also make the game more sandbox type, making it more fun in the long run!

The sequel was going to be an episodic subscription MMO... on RPGMaker. I'd love to see that. The original site is gone, though, and that excerpt is all I could find.

Cuazl fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 29, 2017

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

I

but

That's now how licensing works!

Yeah merely owning items isn't enough to possess a licensing deal. You obviously must consume the game cart to absorb creator rights.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cuazl posted:

The sequel was going to be an episodic subscription MMO... on RPGMaker. I'd love to see that. The original site is gone, though, and that excerpt is all I could find.

This guy... has some interesting ideas to say the least.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cuazl posted:

He's in his late twenties. He puts his name on everything so you'll inevitably find the guy if you go looking for information on his dumb game.

Speaking of:

I KEEP HATING THIS GUY MORE AND MORE

E: So what, would all the players be playing Ben or would he be an NPC?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
If you don't own the original cartridge, it's OK to do a fan remake of Mystic Quest as long as you delete it within 48 hours.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Presented without comment, though the bolding is mine.

TDS from the "RPGmaker.net forums posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This guy will never give up. And the worse part is that he's got some sort of boner with my crappy work. Last I heard he decrypted all my projects and was releasing my scripts under a new account and got caught and banned from RMW.

I had tons of PM's from this guy and if youtube had not deleted them I'd post them so you guys could see just how many accounts he had just to extort information out of me or insult me.

Here's an example of his posts about me:

author=DC
Mystic Quest RPG Maker VX Script Help!
by !darkchromestudios, Mar 8, 2013, 2:37:55 PM
Journals / Personal
Are there any good RPG Maker VX Script writers?
I need a menu script exactly like FFMQ the problem is the one i found is for ace..
and the creator well he's just the greatest jerk on the planet mainly cause he says one thing does another and then requests money for it? Isn't credit enough? so if anyone can write scripts PM ME RIGHT AWAY! YOU WILL BE HEAVILY CREDITED!

I HAVE NEVER REPLIED TO HIM. EVER. Yet he continues to tell people I'm charging for stuff that's free and he could have used IF HE HAD NOT BLATANTLY REMOVED ALL COMMENTS AND PRETENDED THAT HE MADE IT.

Also if you've ever played any of his games I highly suggest you run anti spyware or antivirus software on your computer since the installers for the game installed extra stuff on computers.

I'll see if I can find the PM's of a so called "woman" who was romantically interested in me and wanted mystic quest scripts (surprise twist: it was probably him).

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

...Jesus tap dancing Christ on a cracker, the creator of this mediocrity is a piece of work. What an rear end in a top hat.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Classic Mystic Quest honeypot scheme right out of the KGB handbook. New season of The Americans really reaching though.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

I dont know posted:

Presented without comment, though the bolding is mine.

:allbuttons:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
To be honest, I'd give a dude a handjob for mystic quest scripts, but no further.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yeah, this guy is loving bonkers.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm thinking more marsupilami

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

How the hell does he expect RPGmaker to do MMOs? Uranium barely managed to kludge together a trade system, and that's fairly prone to failing.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Robindaybird posted:

How the hell does he expect RPGmaker to do MMOs? Uranium barely managed to kludge together a trade system, and that's fairly prone to failing.

Oh, the scripts exist. I'm sure they're are security holes out the wazoo, but mmorpgmaker games are out there.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I vaguely remember seeing the choppy teaser video for the Mystic Quest remake in my recommended YouTube videos way back when, and wondered why the teaser was of the final boss.

Having gone through this thread, I have my answer to that question: it was the only part of the game that was put together competently. The rest was trying and miserably failing to adapt it to RPGMaker, even though most of it really shouldn't have been that hard to adapt since there is a plethora of resources on the internet now and Mystic Quest is not hard to reproduce. Yet he buggered it up anyway and is apparently a Big Jerk to boot. And this guy wanted to sell it and had plans for a sequel?

Honestly, he'd have been better off just pouring these resources into a bog-standard RPG Maker fan-sequel. Even that would've been better than this, and he may have looked like less of a tool in the end.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 31, 2017

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I wonder how long it would take me if I tried a straight remake of MQ to rpgmaker...

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deathwind posted:

I wonder how long it would take me if I tried a straight remake of MQ to rpgmaker...

Use his stats for a rough estimate. 1264 days, 10,000 cups of coffee and a literal ton of cookies. If you're more competent, you can cut those numbers in half.

FFMQ is the only FF branded game that I've completed so it was nice to read this LP. From the perspective of reading an LP if it, the game doesn't seem that bad, but certainly not worthy of being a paid remake.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

General Revil posted:

FFMQ is the only FF branded game that I've completed so it was nice to read this LP. From the perspective of reading an LP if it, the game doesn't seem that bad, but certainly not worthy of being a paid remake.

It's competent for someone's first RPGMaker work. It's unpolished with regards to technical things and the new writing needs to be thrown in the trash, but I've seen people get accolades for a lot worse. The idea that he could scam people in thinking that Square contracted him to do this - as well as the idea that Square would even look at this without laughing him out of the country - is honestly absurd, though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Pretty much that. Numbers could've used a lot of tweaking, the Aquaria section gave way too much money compared to the rest of the game, the magic system could've been better, Kaeli/Phoebe could've been more distinct from each other, and of course everything's been said about the writing and lack of polish. It's still not terrible, it's a poor-to-decent attempt to remake FFMQ in the RPG Maker engine that borrowed heavily from others' scripts and graphical works, but as a paid game it would be terrible.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
It's weird that he's doing a scam for multiple terrible Final Fantasy remakes when he could just apply for a job at Matrix Software and get legit paid for it!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

It's weird that he's doing a scam for multiple terrible Final Fantasy remakes when he could just apply for a job at Matrix Software and get legit paid for it!

I was just about to say this, I think the reason a lot of people were duped was because this is the level of respect we've come to expect from SE+MS about old remakes.

I mean just look at TAY.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Simply Simon posted:

The difference is that this scam artist obviously adores Mystic Quest enough to do some of the things he did.

Matrix doesn't have an ounce of love for anything they do.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Simply Simon posted:

Honestly, comparing the two is an insult to this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Honestly I don't even hate Yu Yevon as a bonus boss, but that might only be because FFX's boss encounters were the loving poo poo.

• Locked thread