Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Binary Logic posted:

What I found odd was how impressed she was with Sophie's home. "Tea and macaroons? Wow this is the high life!"

Sophie is way richer and lives a much more palatial life than Midge's family, which reminds me a lot of Bill in Eyes Wide Shut realizing there's a huge world of money floating invisibly above his head that he's entirely shut out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I really enjoyed this, but one thing that really stuck in my craw is that she admitted she still loved Joel, and had decided to reconcile (she was even wearing her ring when choosing the dress for the final act), but then still got up and did a routine dragging him, in which she refers to him as "Joel" and then finally decides that her stage name is "Mrs. Maisel"

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I just learned Rachel Brosnahan was in Woody Allen's Amazon series Crisis in Six Scenes, because she expressed regret for working with him:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/rachel-brosnahan-has-struggled-with-working-for-woody-allen.html

Was it any good? I haven't heard anything about it, one way or another. I admit I used to be a Woody Allen fan and still think Annie Hall is an incredible movie, but I'd rather not waste my time if it sucks, unless Rachel has a good role with lots of screen time.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Every source I've found and every person I know who's seen it says it's an almost unwatchable pile of garbage.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Every source I've found and every person I know who's seen it says it's an almost unwatchable pile of garbage.

Oooh, yeah, life is too short for that! The "worst" shows I watch are the DC shows on the CW, and even they're entertaining more often than not.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
Great opening post. I've just finished Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire so I've got a taste for shows set around then. I know BE was before MM.

I recognised Rachel Brosnahan's name and looked her up. I think I know her from The Blacklist and was impressed by her. Cant wait to give this show a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ShortLeroy posted:

Great opening post. I've just finished Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire so I've got a taste for shows set around then. I know BE was before MM.

I recognised Rachel Brosnahan's name and looked her up. I think I know her from The Blacklist and was impressed by her. Cant wait to give this show a chance.

She's straight out fantastic on Manhattan, a great and dearly missed show.

• Locked thread