Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.

PurdWerfect posted:

I have zero knowledge of poetry but I like words alot. Anyway, this is recent. Critique away.

I know a dear one with a chaos heart

And a mindless blind wolf at the door

Presence of teeth is promise of fangs

Life in this bordered and bordering wild

Whistle in graveyards, run dry in deluge

Hot breath on tendon, this fluttered heart

High and low then snapped back to middle

Life in this bordered and bordering wild

Hi. circling back to this poem. I really like these four bolded lines. like they are really good. you've got great imagery and theme going with them.

the other ones, maybe they have some imagery and maybe they advance the theme, but they're either kind of pretentiously worded (presence of teeth is promise of fangs, what the heck that's not a sentence!!), or they aren't that clear (also see above). each and every line needs to pack a punch so something like "high and low then snapped back to middle" is just too empty for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU