Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Desdichado
Aug 2, 2014

Cheers

These are for the too few remedies
Scrawling past my injured sight.
The golden, discordant melodies
Of liquid orchestra.

These are for the perceptual tremolos
Glassy clinks, again and again,
Battering echoes fade fast for each strike and flow
To consume of silence.

As it stills, the tempo clears
And sings to me such savory lullabies
As to temper the tinged mirrors
Of moments passed.

And still, the shallow fading, diminished,
Engulfs wrenching symphonies of now
To drown the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Desdichado
Aug 2, 2014

im on the net me boys posted:

I'm going to post a poem for the first time even though I always feel like what I write is garbage but I got to thinking and the worst that can happen is some people make fun of me on a forum you pay to post on, so

Welcome. Our inner critics are often unreliable, which is why it's nice to have a place like this for honest feedback. That being said, I liked the ideas behind your poem, and its spoken word quality. A critique that comes to mind is to maybe explore with more depth the notion of biases, of the paper not being a complete reflection of you; about others judging weaknesses, instead of seeing the strength those struggles cultivate. I feel like there's a lot of untapped content there.

El Desdichado fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 19, 2018