Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morning Bell
Feb 23, 2006

Illegal Hen
Hi poetry thread I am happy you are healthy and happy

quote:

A Flower White

I mean it's a super hard form to write in so I applaud the effort but a few things throw me off:
There's some real purple stuff (wyrdest seer, earth strange, flowers white, I mean the latter is mega baroque and if you could reform it into white flowers it'd be stronger) but also a lot of actions are... coming off limp.
'protective as a warden' would be less limp as 'a protective warden'
'rot from sight' seems forced 'cause there's no looking anywhere in that stanza
'can she bring me flowers that are bleached white' is a bit clumso.
"then" and "because" weaken a bit too.
Last two kind of work a bit more for me. I mean I don't know poo poo about sonnets but that's what hits me.

Also posted some poetry in the brand new Fiction Submission Thread and I'd super appreciate any poetry folk taking a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU