Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

Y'all need some new material.

Why u have to b negative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

Why u have to b negative?

Better.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Rhyno posted:

Had my first appointment at Biolife (plasma purchasing service) and my B- blood is so in demand that they gave me a bonus payment.
drat my A+ blood.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 1, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yeah, I’m so smart I got A+ on my blood test.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Rhyno posted:

I need to figure out how often I can safely do this.

I was unemployed for 6 months in 2012 and did plasma to supplement unemployment benefits, the local center would allow you to donate once every two days and no more than twice in a seven day period. IIRC this is the FDA guideline for plasma donation. I did it for about three months straight and never had any ill effects.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geoj posted:

I was unemployed for 6 months in 2012 and did plasma to supplement unemployment benefits, the local center would allow you to donate once every two days and no more than twice in a seven day period. IIRC this is the FDA guideline for plasma donation. I did it for about three months straight and never had any ill effects.

Nice, I thought it was once every 7 days.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

For real. All ya'll could do with aggo crag was "hey remember when you splashed someone with water? Splasher McSplashalot!"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I, uh, actually don't know what my blood type is.

I should probably get that figured out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kazinsal posted:

They can test to find out in like 45 seconds. It's not the big deal it used to be.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

They can test to find out in like 45 seconds. It's not the big deal it used to be.

Oh, that's rad! I haven't had any blood work done since I was like, 5, and that was apparently such a terrible experience for five-year-old me that I have avoided every getting a blood test done ever again and hate getting IVs.

I wonder if they can do it via the same lancet method they do glucose testing for diabetic folks...

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

Donate blood. The info page they sent me to has it. That's the only reason I know.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 2, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

Oh, that's rad! I haven't had any blood work done since I was like, 5, and that was apparently such a terrible experience for five-year-old me that I have avoided every getting a blood test done ever again and hate getting IVs.

I wonder if they can do it via the same lancet method they do glucose testing for diabetic folks...

Just drain a little out at home and bring them a bucket, i'm sure they could figure out it as long as you start with a clean bucket.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kazinsal posted:

They pricked my finger and squeezed a few drops onto a glass circle. They then dripped some stuff on that and got excited. They did a confirmation test after that before telling me how special my oxygen juice was.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

They just told me they'll figure it out at the lab. Now I feel sad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ilkhan posted:

They just told me they'll figure it out at the lab. Now I feel sad.

Was it a plasma purchasing place? Maybe not a priority at the time?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I have learned due to a medical thing going on that I am at risk for developing MS within the next 10 years :toot:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Says the guy at the butt of the joke :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Says the guy at the butt of the joke :v:

I mean, I've given you guys gold to work with and this is all ya got.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

It's hard to get off the floor with what you're giving us.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

It doesn't carry much weight
It's a little short really

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Did you ever find your Marc Anthony TJ Maxx Brand hoodie in "XL Short"?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's just one of those things that's always gonna come up now and then because it's still funny.

If we didn't like you we wouldn't tease you about it :)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Went back to the first shop tonight and the Haynes manual was still there so if you've a petrol fiesta from between 1983-1987 and have any issues give me a shout

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I had one of those and if there's an issue you can't fix with string and hammers your issues are brain related.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

If anyone cared, I'm still employed (contracted for another 6 months, at least) after my one-on-one with my manager.
He wants me to think more about service improvements, and "grow", learn new technologies or systems, that sort of stuff.
I wish he'd just say, learn this, and pass a test/cert. I'm way more problem/goal oriented. The other is too wishy washy. And I've never been good at SIPs and PIPs, unless there's something really wrong with the existing service or process.
Why is it so bad that I just want to fix stuff when it breaks? Ah, well.

Also just canceled my U-verse, and removed my wife's Kindle that she replaced with a Wi-Fi-only iPad from our mobile plan. Altogether should save me$150 or so a month, at least until the Spectrum Internet jumps up $20 after a year. Still better.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Was it a plasma purchasing place? Maybe not a priority at the time?
No, just a whole blood donation.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I was going to say something along the lines of "Rhyno's quest for weight loss has reached 'intravenous removal of fluid' level," but :shrug:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It's just one of those things that's always gonna come up now and then because it's still funny.

and this.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Darchangel posted:

If anyone cared, I'm still employed (contracted for another 6 months, at least) after my one-on-one with my manager.
He wants me to think more about service improvements, and "grow", learn new technologies or systems, that sort of stuff.
I wish he'd just say, learn this, and pass a test/cert. I'm way more problem/goal oriented. The other is too wishy washy. And I've never been good at SIPs and PIPs, unless there's something really wrong with the existing service or process.
Why is it so bad that I just want to fix stuff when it breaks? Ah, well.

Of course we care. Regards training I'd just pick a thing, either it doesn't matter what you learn or it does and they won't tell you, so nothing to lose.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Slow and steady, man. Good work.
Yeah, thanks, as long as it keeps chugging along, I'm happy enough. I really should see if I can get myself down to the lower end of the 200s.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I did find my hoodie thank you very much!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Darchangle, you should tell your boss that: I work best with specific goals, ask what would be the most beneficial in the near, medium and long terms from a cert and skill perspective?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Darchangel posted:

I wish he'd just say, learn this, and pass a test/cert.

Pick some certification on something that you don't know so well that your employer either uses/does, or should use/do and then get it done.
Pick something that would also look good on your CV.
It doesn't sound like he is being that wishy washy to me - use some initiative.

(Sorry - I'm sick of hearing IT people complain about lack of training or certs from their employer - then not actually being able to state what they actually want to do)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

ilkhan posted:

Donate blood. The potty page they sent me to has it. That's the only reason I know.

:same:

I donate a couple times a year. :feelsgood:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

And it's time to see Rodney Carrington. Hope it's a good show, I like his comedy.

Tomorrow it's Jeff Dunham. Good lineup for a weekend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol, you paid good money for Jeff Dunham tickets?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

Did you ever find your Marc Anthony TJ Maxx Brand hoodie in "XL Short"?
:laffo: this is a good one

Rhyno posted:

Lol, you paid good money for Jeff Dunham tickets?

also lol

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Justice league was decent and not as bad as the critics want you to believe. The antagonist wasn’t very strong and the cyborg fella is a little much ‘does what the plot needs’ but I was entertained. Gal Gadot is a goddess and might actually be the offspring of Zeus irl. Ezra Miller was actually good as the flash which I was most skeptical of as I enjoy the TV show a bit and Grant Gustin fills the role well.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i'm just 100% fuckin sick of all the big comic book movies at this point. i think the only one i've enjoyed in the past 5 years is deadpool.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Darchangel posted:

Do this for yourself, not a contract employer. They want you to be more marketable but odds are you won't see any additional pay, and they're sure as poo poo not going to help or pay for you to learn anything or obtain certifications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Elon loving Musk is launching a Tesla, his personal car, to Mars.

• Locked thread