Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's December? Oh poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Larrymer posted:

...and freaks the gently caress out if there isn't a boob in he mouth.

:same:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wally Joyner posted:

I'm visiting my wife's side of the family, for the first time ever, in her home town of São Paulo from mid-December until the 2nd week of January. I'm severely lacking in Portuguese, rhythm, and international travel experience so I know I'm in for a huge culture shock. Then, literally 2 days after I get back, I start community college at the youthful age of 33...I haven't ever had anxiety like I'm feeling now. But it's better than struggling to get out of bed every morning because I have no desire to do what I'm doing for the rest of my life despite having a decent job I could stay with until retirement.

Travelling is dope and I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless as travelling is possibly the best thing you can do to expand your horizons. The world is a cool place and far too many people never get to experience much of it.

What will you be studying?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wally Joyner posted:

I know this is going to be an unforgettable experience and I'm super thrilled but it's definitely a long way from my insulated Minnea-comfort-zone. It's a timely shake-up, really

I'm currently enrolled in an Education program hoping to one day be teaching Social studies.

The further you get from your comfort zone in terms of culture the better, it opens your eyes to other experiences and that's never a bad thing. Go with an open mind and don't say no to any offer of doing poo poo with anyone who asks you, it'll be great.

InitialDave posted:

Got myself back under 300lbs again. :toot: got to keep it rolling,but I seem to be dropping about 3lbs a week, so getting there.

Slow and steady, man. Good work.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Happy Friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_doGRULWycw

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Mueller got Flynn flipped and plead. Its a very happy Friday.

I've just read that. lol

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BloodBag posted:

E2: This is the happiest I've been in years. This car saved my life, because I really did want to kill myself before this. I had nothing to look forward to, nothing to work on, just waiting to die. Thank you little purple Miata, you saved my life :3:

Driving around in this little thing was so fun!

Bruv :glomp:

And I keep looking at MR2 Spyders, they're cheap these days and supposedly fun? Pre-2003 ones burned oil though so it'd sit well with my other Toyota.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Enourmo posted:

Final exam ahoy, 3 separate exams in 3 hours for nearly 50% of my grade in this one class. Wish me luck.

Good luck

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

GUYS GUYS GUYS

AIR FRIED TATER TOTS ARE A GIFT FROM HEAVEN

Is this not just the same as putting them in the oven??

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Which is why re: the story I posted earlier in the thread (well, starting in November's chat thread): I finally got my microSD card. Yesterday. That I ordered on the 27th and that, on the 1st, they "emergency 1 day rushed" to me. :fuckoff:

Just finished assembling my latest 3D printed project: an LED "bridge" light.

I put in an old RGB LED light strip that's been kicking around for a few years. It's not as bright, and a little finicky to "tune" in the color you want, but it works. I can get good approximations of cool and warm white, at varying brightness, and I've programmed them into the remote. Makes for shadow-free soldering, and if I push it back behind the monitors and turn it down, it's like a ghetto ambilight.

Normally I say "excuse the messy desk" but gently caress that, my desk is messy because I use it every day and life sucks sometimes.

The light is, in no way, cost or time-efficient to make. It was maybe $20-30 in filament, plus electricity, plus finishing and assembly time, plus the $8 worth of LEDs (that was $25 worth of LEDs when I bought them in like 2009). But it was fun, and I can continue to tune the process if I want to make a second one. The best thing I did was take some aluminum flashing tape and make the inside a reflector.

Also those first-gen blue LEDs bleed pretty drat heavily into the UV spectrum, meaning it works as an impromptu scorpion detector :v:

This is really cool.

Also your soundtrack there on the left screen is also really cool.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

I finally quit Reddit cold turkey, because holy poo poo that place is poison. Just endless low-content spam, angry tirades and insular echo chambers all over the place. So much pointless gatekeeping and elitism everywhere. It should be razed to the ground and left barren as a warning to future generations.

You may now point and laugh at me, for not figuring it out much sooner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

I could never live with the format, it is visual excrement. I don't care what amazing content is supposedly on there, I'm not subjecting my eyes to that deformed abortion of a layout.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Also a "friend" got released from prison last week and has been trying to get me to hang out and it's really not a time in my life I want to revisit.

Is she hot?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Well he's a guy so

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

cakesmith handyman posted:

What doesn't I'll you only makes you stronger so that door should be safer than ever

Nothing has yet killed me. I am invincible.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wow that looks loooooooong. Colour is beautiful.

Snow day today so I'm sat at home playing Wolfenstein 2. Shooting nazis is fun.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Just by Rota copies and get them in a billion fitments and offsets. They look best when they've got loads of dish imo.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I just got a PS4 Pro, what games do I get?

The games that have given me most joy on the PS4 have been Bloodborne and Titanfall 2 which if you like FPS games is loving glorious, it harkens back to Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament in terms of speed and fun aaaaaaaaaaand then lets you also stomp around in giant loving robots.

The Wolfenstein games (the first 2) are about $5 apiece on PSN at the moment too.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Corys will definitely be in there. Always liked the little buggers, plus they keep it a lot cleaner.

They were always my favourite fish of the tropicals in my dad's tank. They got rid of the tank maybe 3 years ago or more but rather than just outright murder the fish the tank was placed into the dark garage and basically left to rot (I'm not sure that's a better death really!). I'd been into the garage on and off over the past couple of years and there were always a few fish still left, recently dad decided he was going to clear the garage which was one hell of a task. He said that despite everything, being in the dark, no food, algae absolutely everywhere he found a single Cory happily swimming about the bottom of the tank feeding as if it knew no better...

I'd never actually seen any Corys in there since it was moved from the house, just other boring fish. I'm kinda bummed about the whole thing, I would've gotten a little tank purely for that hero fish and fed him stuff until he passed on. They were always the fish I liked the most, just happily digging about on the bottom feeding on scraps, swimming about chasing each other. :3:

We had some upside down ones too, those were cool as they spent 99% of their time upside down wedged under leaves and only ever flipped right side up to feed.

That's my story, thanks for listening.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I agree he absolutely is a despicable gimp but I'm not going to buy an inferior product to make a point. I'd much prefer to give my money to someone like Henry Hoovers but they don't make a cordless.

Inferior? You've had to repair a loving Dyson! I've killed 6 over the years, they're the shittiest vacuum cleaners compared to their cost.

Anyway, enough of that, just wanted to let you know your dream has come true and you should throw the Dyson away ASAP because Numatic have you covered now.

https://www.numatic.co.uk/product-view.aspx?id=456&r=4&sr=1

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 19, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wrar posted:

This kills me every time.

It's so great.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I vote yakkety sax and have all the bridesmaids chase you around the venue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Ether Frenzy posted:

Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain" is about the end of Stevie Nicks' and Lindsey Buckingham's relationship. Because she was loving Mick Fleetwood.

It was the end of all their relationships. But yeah, not the best song to play at a wedding.

Last wedding I went to my girlfriend asked for Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart, another song about the destruction of a once-loving relationship.

• Locked thread