Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«238 »
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

It's a little bitty place.

...Okay, I'll just wipe it off, that's all. Just a little town.

Real life doesn't have a good sense of dramatic arc with a satisfying conclusion, and these things tend to just peter out unfunnilly or limp along in a nether realm of sadness. See: Ouya, Bit Coiins, Pathfinder Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

ed: I need to get a new recognisable avatar, I quoted my own post.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Real life doesn't have a good sense of dramatic arc with a satisfying conclusion, and these things tend to just peter out unfunnilly or limp along in a nether realm of sadness. See: Ouya, Bit Coiins, Pathfinder Online.

Then again, sometimes you get something like Kony.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Iíve got £65k ready and waiting, just show me the space ship jpeg

Party Boat
Oct 31, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Have there been any major kickstarter games that just don't deliver? Most tend to deliver the wording of the agreement if not the spirit. Broken Age might be a big one.

Broken Age's biggest issue was that Double Fine struggles with deadlines and they're operating out of San Francisco, which made the inevitable delays really eat into the budget. They still delivered at the end of the day even if they did have to split the game and raise additional funding.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

That Which Sleeps dev got a bundle of cash, spent a couple of years claiming he was refactoring assets, then admitted that all he ever had was assets and the game underneath fundamentally never worked. Was a fun little drama.

Statutory Ape
Sep 12, 2017

Owlbear Camus posted:

im excited for a new wave of crypto to come and gently caress GPU prices again lol

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

100% Rad

Binary Badger posted:

Yes people like this guy.

Should be modified to 'Wanted for: 1st degree Sandwich and Dessert Thievery in twenty systems'

Last known system: Dunkkin Donutia

Do not feed, do not make fun of his CPAP mask

Wanted for: stealing space pies from spaceship kitchen windows.

Statutory Ape
Sep 12, 2017

Rad-daddio posted:

tbh this is why star citizen can still be funny

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rad-daddio posted:

Jaco is on the case!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

It's a little bitty place.

...Okay, I'll just wipe it off, that's all. Just a little town.

ACTUALLY space would be bad at cooling pies left out because there's no medium to conduct the heat.

«238 »