Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Internetjack posted:

haha, there is no other person

:wrong:

They are chained up in the basement till they become a true believer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
IT PUTS THE JPEG ON ITS SKIN

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just noticed that video is from TikTok and 100% that dude uses it to creep on young girls dancing.

Why is it in the garage against the door?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
That video looks like a legitimate representation of the state of affairs within the game's development itself. Shoddy architecture, using existing functioning technology bootlegged together, and a road map of what's to come.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

IKEA should start selling those as kits, name it Bïgskåmm.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Internetjack posted:

Two beds, but one chair on the deck. The other person will be cleaning the toilets and serving drinks the whole time.

haha, there is no other person

The other bed is for his Realdoll. She needs a lot of space to recover after he abuses the poo poo out of her.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hey man let's all be adults about this. That's just how piracy is.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A space pirate will sometimes spend weeks or even months hiding in ambush, all non-essential systems shut down to avoid detection. You do what you have to in order to stay sane.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Mature story lines from Dragon Age: Origins? Is he talking about the brothel? The one that was played for laughs? Then they want to run a Gorean spaceship?

I am beginning to think incorrectly slapping "mature" on comic books and video games broke some brains.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
I think they just mean mature as in the rating it would receive. But that doesn't make it any less hilarious.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Xenocides posted:

Mature story lines from Dragon Age: Origins? Is he talking about the brothel? The one that was played for laughs?

Probably the one where, if you play a gutter elf, your best friend and either your fiancee or you, yourself get kidnapped by horny nobles for a night of... well. Yeah.

You do get to kill them before it can happen, but there's an option to just leave your friend there in exchange for some money.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sometimes I wonder what life was like in the first and second Stimpire

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Exactly what I was referencing lol. Some of them are just pure degenerates.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Yaldabaoth posted:

You know, I strongly suspect that a lot of the people into Star Citizen have some form of high-functioning autism. Would explain the lack of imagination and how they're easily excited by boring, tedious work.

Watching NPC's work posted:

When I was a kid and even sometimes now as an adult I love watching construction or big vehicles working on say building a highway or drilling for ore. I'm not sure how detailed they lives of NPCs will be but I'm hoping one day you can fly around an asteroid and find an NPC orion digging. Being able to watch it mine until it's full and maybe even follow it back to its base to deposit the ore I think would be amazing.

Even better if you could get footage of this with the news van to turn in for missions or for yourself or others to cut into 'in game programming.'

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

There's SO MANY posts just like those.

I wonder if Bethesda's Starfield is going to try to tap into the obvious desire for a space game? We'll find out next month.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Do these guys not know that Truck/Farm/Train simulators exist?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

quote:

SC is like a wife. You invest in her; will experience ups and downs. But in the long run both you and her will develop a greater bond due to all the struggles that has been overcome ♥️

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

GABA ghoul posted:

they could only torture people with a mediocre-to-pretty-poor kind of electricity, as they hadn’t yet discovered the worst

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
"Hi channel 4? Get a news van over here quick - We've discovered an NPC mining operation!"

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Do these guys not know that Truck/Farm/Train simulators exist?

But those aren't in SPACE and you can't run around raping and killing people in them.

Well except for Goat Simulator.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

GABA ghoul posted:

Wondering what life was like in the first and second Stimpire is punishable by having your skeleton compressed into bone dust and your eyes pulled out and rubbed with salt. This will happen every 12 minutes for a period of 4 hours every Tuesday.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

FrozenVent posted:

This is sad as gently caress

It honestly seems like it would be a pretty cool and fun build if, well... it wasn't coupled to what it's coupled to. Building dumb poo poo is enjoyable.

Imagine if Star Citizen actually went out of their way to appeal to the degenerates a la aiDungeon or... what was that one really hosed up MUD? HellMOO, maybe?

Anyway, if it did do that it might actually offer something of value to someone that other games don't and break new ground, however disturbing, so at least we know that's not going to actually happen.

... I need to jot down "sell jpgs of space dicks" in my game idea book now, there might be an opportunity here...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This was posted in the other thread but belongs here as well

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

JazzFlight posted:

Wondering what life was like in the first and second Stimpire is punishable by having your skeleton compressed into bone dust and your eyes pulled out and rubbed with salt. This will happen every 12 minutes for a period of 4 hours every Tuesday.

What kind of salt?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MarcusSA posted:

That was hilarious.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Party Boat posted:

What kind of salt?

The worst kind.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The salinity triples every second.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SatansOnion posted:

they could only torture people with a mediocre-to-pretty-poor kind of electricity, as they hadn’t yet discovered the worst

This joke is so good that the laughter triples every second.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Bofast posted:

Starsector might be for you?

this looks tight thanks

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
How reusable are any of those assets? I feel like if any of that was Source compatible fans would have a working dogfighting game done in, like, a month.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Megabound posted:

Was sewing some patches on a new jacket last night and came back across this old thing.

Shout out to the good times.

I keep mine at work, the place that all my poor life choices have led me to. Mad props to all the unfulfilled dreams of "rescue" missions. :smith:

MarcusSA posted:

This was amazing.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

How does debt bondage work? (BMM gameplay update) posted:

So, I understand that CIG has plans for some form of slave/peon debt bondage in game. Just wondering if there were any updates on how this is going to be fun and educational for the age 13+ Star Citizen community while still being respectful and safe from griefers.

quote:

What the hell is wrong with people wanting to roleplay Human and Alien Slavery in a video game.

quote:

There's nothing wrong with people wanting to RP it. To each their own.

quote:

Have you just discover video games today or something like that ?

We spend most of our time playing a god-like character killing everything it sees without even asking and you place the bar on virtual slavery ?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Yes. Yes I do

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Jesus christ. :psyduck:

.random
May 7, 2007

First they came for the pirate rape gameplay, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a pirate rapist...

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I like how they assume there will lots of people who want to work all day, get home, crack open a cold beer and settle in for a nice few hours of role-playing a slave in the galley on a spaceship.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
"how will my slavery mechanic be safe from griefers" is pretty on-brand for this fanbase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Mozi posted:

I like how they assume there will lots of people who want to work all day, get home, crack open a cold beer and settle in for a nice few hours of role-playing a slave in the galley on a spaceship.

Oh, there will be people into this. I just doubt this space captain will like the kind of people who sign up for the job. Think healslut dialed up a few dozen notches.