Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

Citizencon. It's a con....get it?

remember when she gave herself an award

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pitdragon posted:

all of this is just more proof that chris is building an army. you may laugh now, but think of the world we live in. one day, you will wake up, and chris roberts will be on youtube dressed in spandex with a mask and a voice changer demanding his loyal acolytes punish those responsible for the destruction of their dreams

Also you will wake up with Elon Musk slobbering on your dick while saying "I'm not gay" between mouthfuls

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

You know what. Let em have their fantasy. I guess it's better than them all doing a mass shooting.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

TheKingslayer posted:

You know what. Let em have their fantasy. I guess it's better than them all doing a mass shooting.

Those will come after the bankruptcy.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

eonwe posted:

remember when she gave herself an award

And it's not like it's un-earned.

She is the head of marketing for a company that has fleeced millions from nerds.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Pitdragon posted:

maybe this is all chris roberts plan to get these people so invested that when things finally come crashing down he'll have an army of desperate nerds detached from reality that he can sic on whoever he wants by claiming that it's their fault that Star Citizen will never be

That role is already played by goons.

Coincidentally a lot of the people backing Star Citizen for their dream universe are refugees from EVE Online. So our shitposting and mocking of Star Citizen is literally called an organized hate campaign that is accused of threatening the developers, doxxing them, harassing them and using shadowy cabal tactics to manipulate people and events in the sole pursuit of trying to destroy the one true good thing in the world, Star Citizen.

Some of the people are legit insane but Something Awful will be the punching bag for their frustrations once it finally does collapse.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheKingslayer posted:

I guess it's better than them all doing a mass shooting.

I know you're joking, but there are a lot of "citizens" who post pics of their actual gun collections.

https://i.imgur.com/7voszEp.mp4

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I'll bet Peter Molyneux is ecstatic.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mods rename me SJW mechanism

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Some of the people are legit insane but Something Awful will be the punching bag for their frustrations once it finally does collapse.

Here are just a couple pages from our manual:

OPSEC!! DO NOT SHARE!!!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

spacetoaster posted:

is the guy holding the HS sign in this the same guy as the rabbit guy from the OP?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Here is what I don't get; why don't these dorks just get together and play spaceship instead of having to pay money to not play spaceship?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Coincidentally a lot of the people backing Star Citizen for their dream universe are refugees from EVE Online. So our shitposting and mocking of Star Citizen is literally called an organized hate campaign that is accused of threatening the developers, doxxing them, harassing them and using shadowy cabal tactics to manipulate people and events in the sole pursuit of trying to destroy the one true good thing in the world, Star Citizen.

I really wish we were the big shadowy video game and media cabal of angry and disgruntled monsters that the Citizens picture us to be.

Sitting in our big evil chairs having shadowy meetings about how next to dox some poor innocent 3d toilet design engineer and force them to set back the game by another year through 3d toilet model sabotage.

Ya know instead of a bunch of people on their phones at work or sitting at home reading funny poo poo on the Internet or playong other non-star citizen related games together because its fun.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Mods rename me SJW mechanism

For further clairification:

The specific "SJW mechanism" the guy is talking about is when the guy who does security for their conventions, a whale backer, was harassing women on the official forums and sending them pictures of his tiny dick. Goons started complaining about how gross the guy was.

Benjamin Lesnick the CIG Community Manager came out ranting about Goons, banned the sexual harassment victim, banned some goons and threatened to ban goons entirely from the forums.

So we tried to assert our evil control over Star Citizen by saying it wasn't cool that a whale was showing people his tiny cock and CIG proudly stood up and declared that there was not going to be a repeat of EVE Online and that goons wouldn't be tolerated.

Yes you have gone insane.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
remember how they hired that artist who only traced stuff, even if it was incredibly mundane and simple stuff

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Literally A Person posted:

Here is what I don't get; why don't these dorks just get together and play spaceship instead of having to pay money to not play spaceship?

They force their families to do that.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Gridlocked posted:

I really wish we were the big shadowy video game and media cabal of angry and disgruntled monsters that the Citizens picture us to be.

Sitting in our big evil chairs having shadowy meetings about how next to dox some poor innocent 3d toilet design engineer and force them to set back the game by another year through 3d toilet model sabotage.

Ya know instead of a bunch of people on their phones at work or sitting at home reading funny poo poo on the Internet or playong other non-star citizen related games together because its fun.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

I can't find a smaller resolution so fullsize really gives you an idea of the amount of spit inside his futuristic spacefighting Cpap mask.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
My favorite villan is 3d toilet man

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i'm actually kind of worried about derek smart right now, this thread is several pages long and we've mentioned him a bunch

derek, you OK out there? i don't pay the slightest bit of attention to star citizen but your particular brand of earnest insanity is one of my favorites, and i mean that as sincerely as a person can mean a comment on an internet comedy site

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

What the hell is this? How can they even all be playing? It looks more like a Artemis Bridge type thing but I can't make out at all what's on any of the screens.

I mean kid has just just a joystick and nothing else lol.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did the forum to quarantine this get deleted

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I can't find a smaller resolution so fullsize really gives you an idea of the amount of spit inside his futuristic spacefighting Cpap mask.

Wanted for blocking the toilets at 3 space McDonalds

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

eonwe posted:

remember how they hired that artist who only traced stuff, even if it was incredibly mundane and simple stuff

Yeah, that was Ryan Archer. His portfolio of his "art" was also just poo poo he stole/traced.

Here's a few of the things we made (slow down with all this remembered stuff man. I don't wanna have everything on the first 3 pages of this thread :D ):

He just flat out stole art from others and claimed it was his. It's where we got the term "Archered" to mean stolen.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Well I can't wait until buying space land is the next cryptocurrency. Surely someone will suggest this to Chris Roberts and he will add it to the feature list.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Devian666 posted:

Well I can't wait until buying space land is the next cryptocurrency. Surely someone will suggest this to Chris Roberts and he will add it to the feature list.

Citizens have been calling their ship jpgs "investments" for years now.

Goons did make a pretty penny in the grey market, selling off our jpgs, once we realized this was a scam.

These are Star Citizen gift cards. You pay CIG 60$ to get a 50$ gift card.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nope turns out the forum is still there https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=212

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i love a bad thread full of obsessive weirdos as much as the next girl but gbs is sacrosanct

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

paul_soccer10 posted:

did the forum to quarantine this get deleted

paul_soccer10 posted:

i love a bad thread full of obsessive weirdos as much as the next girl but gbs is sacrosanct

The topic is funny and I feel like people who don't follow it closely are getting a highlight reel of the comedy while their questions are answered?

If you have a personal problem with the topic of Star Citizen or the concept of people following it then maybe don't read this thread that you don't want to read?

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
Someone post the analysis of the expensive rear end sliding door thing they put in the CIG offices that was my favourite

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The topic is funny and I feel like people who don't follow it closely are getting a highlight reel of the comedy while their questions are answered?

STARCITIZEN: [impenetrable inside joke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7... 7753

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

paul_soccer10 posted:

STARCITIZEN: [impenetrable inside joke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7... 7753

If you tell us who is forcing you to read this thread then we will all help you out and make them stop. None of us want to see a fellow poster put through something like that.

If it's your brain that is doing it then that might be your problem though.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They're people who paid $10 to post on a forum run by Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka, who accused Derek Smart of raping a whole petting zoo.

LMAO

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Citizens have been calling their ship jpgs "investments" for years now.

Goons did make a pretty penny in the grey market, selling off our jpgs, once we realized this was a scam.

These are Star Citizen gift cards. You pay CIG 60$ to get a 50$ gift card.

I got my $20 refunded and haven't paid much attention to it all since. I delete the star citizen emails that still turn up. I must admit that's a pretty sweet deal on gift cards even though you pay $60 and you get a $0 gift card.

This whole land purchase thing almost seems like they want to go down the path of Entropia Universe. Maybe they should sell a whole planet for $100k to some idiot who can talk about owning a fake planet instead of playing games.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

maxe posted:

Someone post the analysis of the expensive rear end sliding door thing they put in the CIG offices that was my favourite

Background: The offices in L.A. are nice. Like, astounding amounts of money spent on stuff (20,000 dollar coffee maker, 10,000 dollar desks, etc).

One thing was a keycard activated automatic door that was a replica of an airlock on one of the larger spaceships.

When asked about the expenditure of all these backer funds, they responded that the door was just an old garage door that had been cosmetically changed with some paint and plywood by a few employees over a weekend.

Goon investigation determined that was a lie. Now it's a running joke.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Devian666 posted:

This whole land purchase thing almost seems like they want to go down the path of Entropia Universe. Maybe they should sell a whole planet for $100k to some idiot who can talk about owning a fake planet instead of playing games.

Planet protection is gonna be way more expensive than that if it costs $100 to protect an 8kmx8km plot. I'm guessing that they are playing a long con. Start with plots, then build it up to villages, cities, counties, states, countries, continents, continents plus oceans, airspace, planetary security, and so on. They'll also have various levels depending on how quickly you get a response. You've gotta keep the money flowing!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Avantcore!

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If you tell us who is forcing you to read this thread then we will all help you out and make them stop. None of us want to see a fellow poster put through something like that.

If it's your brain that is doing it then that might be your problem though.

I dont want to have to look at it at hte top of page 1 when i post in GBS every day ok!!!!!!!!!!!??

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bogus Adventure posted:

Planet protection is gonna be way more expensive than that if it costs $100 to protect an 8kmx8km plot. I'm guessing that they are playing a long con. Start with plots, then build it up to villages, cities, counties, states, countries, continents, continents plus oceans, airspace, planetary security, and so on. They'll also have various levels depending on how quickly you get a response. You've gotta keep the money flowing!

Well, has it worked for other games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

spacetoaster posted:

Well, has it worked for other games?

What the gently caress is going on with that dude's hair. Does he have an extra-long rattail over his shoulder? loving lol.