Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Can Chris Roberts create an NPC with so much fidelity that it white knights for its own reality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Bronze Fonz posted:

Reminder: when people talk about "Star Citizen", this is the game they're talking about.

Babby's first steps with 3ds max's scanline renderer, courtesy of the cryengine somehow.

No coffee shop would ever have such basic branding. It would be financial suicide. This kiosk is so unimaginative that it actually becomes immersion breaking.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

"how will my slavery mechanic be safe from griefers"

Probably with some sorta ⅗ compromise.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Vernii posted:

All those chuds getting furious over token Pride support will quietly crawl back next time there's a sale.

It'd be hilarious if Pride is somehow what kills support for SC.

Actually it's sad. I hate all these people screaming "Censorship!!?" when mods are likely just trying to protect their own community from the chuds within.

What is this contest that's happening? These post make it sound like it's money for whoever comes up with the most Stimpire Gimpsuit. And I don't care to give their site anymore traffic to find out for myself.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Lodin posted:

Gonna get mad that they pay lip service to the queer community and not that I spent thousands of dollars on the drat thing they're never going to deliver.

Guarantee anyone who uses the rainbow skin on their ship is gonna end up getting griefed by starzits while their harrassers turn around and whine that they can't get people to play with them.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Yaldabaoth posted:

I say let the players go full libertarian and watch them bitch and moan when their game is reduced to ashes by their own stupidity.

Libertarian Simulator would just be slavers jumping players at the spawn point. No real gameplay, just trolling.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Mirificus posted:

quote:
CIG are in the process of completely rewriting the cloth and hair physics simulation for StarEngine, the number of articulated bones they have per item is frankly astounding, they have strand based hair and each strand has it's own collision detection. Considering they are simulating a massive open world environment what they are planning is mind boggling. They have waving flags and drifting cherry blossom petals on Orison which is on the largest fully simulated volumetric cloud gas planet in any game. Skyrim V is a mobile phone game in comparison.

Every character model will end up with a helmet or bald. Otherwise you're talking about hours of render time per frame.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

NPC women? Or...? What? :psyduck:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

This is so loving funny. I don't remember seeing Fork-Tech on the roadmap's roadmap. But I'm glad that debugging it led to developments in the Helmet-Tech.

Sooo lifelike..

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Lol this is a meta from Fallout 2.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

SERVER MESHING! What does it mean? Who knows, gently caress you. Give us money!

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Check out this stupid FUDster. IT'S A LIVING BREATHING UNIVERSE. This is just the latest fad trend that quanta came up with, just as innovative as when everyone was planking all over the place, or doing the cinnamon challenge.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I can't fathom a world in which CGI is actually honest about their funding. P sure they've been lying through their teeth.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

This was good, but I was kind of hoping he would get into why server meshing is literally impossible and a clear example of people not understanding the promises they're making.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

But using your imagination it can be! It can be anything you want! That's the real lesson Star Citizen teaches us. Just imagine hard enough and anything can be real in your head!

Imagine all you want but a pleb like you will never achieve concierge status.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Yes, the difficulty and expert coding required to uh, erm... Move one set of variables to a different container.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

WoW has 4.8 million playes as of this year.

lol no loving way SC has that many individual players :lol:

Pretty sure their funding and player tracker are updated daily with just: x = x + random

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

These games they're making up don't seem fun.

Talk like that will get you demoted from logistics seat-filler to guarding the bay doors, Citizen!

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Fidelity demands drowning in my own space vomit because the burger joint just leaves their burgers sitting out at room temperature.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Bar Patron posted:

Scat Citizen

The game is a polished turd already.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

It is absolutely not polished.

I mean it's glossy. :shrug:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

How much more money until it's done?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Personally I would hope that my skepticism could prevent even just one person from reaching concierge status. That's a win.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Waiting for the 16 page monical cat diatribe on why this abuse is good and necessary as it really replicates the real world experience of what being a woman in the 'verse would be like. Being ignored by the authorities and all.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

You could be gay with aliens in Mass Effect. It'd be weird for this everything game to have less features than a 15 year old game.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

94 weeks on mop and bucket technology because it's been scrapped 13 times and is currently aiming to be a totally brand new never before seen in the gaming industry power washing simulator and no we didn't just rip off other people's ideas.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I joined the 'verse to run the first spaceship wash. Got 3 other locations. Wax your whale Idris for you, sir?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

guy's got a bionic hand 'cuz his tablet broke his real one

I'm confused by that bionic hand. Like clearly it's meant to provide some extra mobility to the hand, but that design can only pull the hand open. It provides no support for clasping.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Just imagine any of these guys watching a Mario 64 speedrun. They'd choke on air because that's not how you're supposed to play!

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

jaegerx posted:

There's gotta be someone doing a thesis on that guy.

I wanna see a chat bot trained exclusively on this guy.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

PvP in this is just pay to win, right? Like you buy a better ship.jpg or "starter pack" than the other guy and shoot em with pre-purchased gear?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

No, it can't be pay to win, because there's no win condition like in a match-based PvP game!

- actual argument by SC fanboys

Pay-to-fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The harm is $1000 more loving dollars

He gets to tell his future children that he "held the line". :colbert: