Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Man this game must be great, 4 years after it released and i can't find it in any bargain bins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Notice how this is some nerd bullshitting about how he thinks actual farming in actual space in the actual future might work, and not a single loving word about how space farming will be implemented in-game. What purpose will farming have in-game? Will there be in-game produce markets? Will players be able to buy ingredients and cook meals? Will there be missions exclusive to farmers?
The answer is of course yes! With Star Citizen, everything is possible!

They’ve already confirmed you have to eat 3 times a day in game. You need to buy e-meals on the in game store using a credit card.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Can I launch my poop at enemies

yes, the game has unrivalled poo poo mechanics

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

i thought that was intentional (intestinal) for immersion?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

So who else is excited for this game! Due for release in [QUERY ERROR] days

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Star citizen ships annoy me because they don't look at all like actual ships meant to do things, they're just 'excitingly' designed empty boxes. Elite ships look more like spaceships full of spaceship stuff, with the cabin stuck on the front

A stupid post by a clueless noob

Star Citizens ships are way more realistic than Elites

in real financial cost

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

not gonna lie i'd buy this game

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

General Bullshit >> Starcitizen 2019: she's also has a literal window at her cleavage

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

It’s a good song op

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Also I am deaf btw

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

They 100% wanted this stuff in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iRCucHqwso&t=12s

Something for the peons crewing your ship to do.

im the wilhelm scream

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

5 playable (yet buggy) ships since 2011 is pretty impressive going, that’s a rate of about 1.5 years per ship being shat out.

According to the wiki there are over 100 ships, so I’m glad release got moved forward to 2170.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

So does this game still have unskippable 45minute warp sections between planets? Because you can't* put a price on that sort of immersion

*unless its $200m

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

life is star citizen. earth is within reach. space is water.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Rutibex posted:

oh yeah ED is definitely worth picking up on sale. i picked it up a few months ago for $15 and i got my moneys worth. its only for a particular type of person though. you have to really like the nerdier parts of space exploration. but beyond the exploration part its a really good space dog-fighting simulator (it reminds me a lot of Xwing vs Tie fighter).

its very bad about grinding though. you are going to be putting in a lot of hours if you want to have a fully combat upgraded ship

I got it cheap on PS4 the same week people discovered a way to make a several dozen million per trip transporting people.

It was very easy since that point, the missions are limited and def grindy though

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Musk is a total shitbag and should gently caress off imo, like this game.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I invested $28,000 into SC and will be spending quarantine playing it writing fanfiction about playing it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Can anyone remember who used to post those great youtube vids with the face mapping thing?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bronze Fonz posted:

Could it be this guy?

I know what you're talking about but I'm not 100% sure it's the same guy.

"Robbaz"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKrTKlnKYro&t=411s

Oh yes, you're a star - thanks!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Half Life 3 is being released before Star Citizen.

lol

(I've got it pre-loaded and everything ready to play tomorrow morning)

How is it?

I get nausea from VR so will likely never play it, but it looks like what HL3 should be

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm going to say it and keep in mind my baseline is my Switch, the space prison video looked pretty good - graphically.

I'm guessing whatever engine they've licensed (space = water?) is doing most of that though.

Lol at spending 9 hours in a prison in a game for 'immersion', both as actual real time snorefest and lacking immersion because its not 9 years.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm the same default inanimate 21st century forklift asset seen in every other game using that engine.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:how:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Internetjack posted:

Vending machine re-stocking

Well we have that to look forward to. Who is the re-stock person? What is their life story? Where do they hang-out on the weekends? Do they have a family?
I look forward to discovering all of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R2syyseBJg

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I wonder how much SC has drained from other games. Like, has there been an appreciable drop in the money spent on EVE? I can't think of anything else comparable.

Superman 64 probably hasn't been dented too much by it, and it's a game to much the same standard

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

There are a valid points (albeit in none of those screenshots) about companies only giving a poo poo about LGBTQ to the point of a quick logo change for a month whilst doing nothing to address issues, especially those who produce their pride stuff in countries where it is still illegal. So I'll give it to Starcitizen that a competition to engage the community is better, even though their community is clearly massively bigoted.

They could have just done something like this
https://twitter.com/halo/status/1264904306358091776?lang=en

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm not very technical with laptops, but even I'm amazed that spinny disks are still a thing being put into new laptops in 2021

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

sebmojo posted:

the train thing in my video was definitely the lack of an SSD

It was cowardice OP, at you not willing to enter the void.

you don't deserve the 'verse

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

$350,000,000+ folks.

*speeds away facing backwards*

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Pretty sure most developers would avoid doing that because of the moiré effect

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:bighow:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

9 years.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I've not seen the sequel films properly, did Vader use a carrot in them?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

$400m

worth every penny

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

sigher posted:

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... attack ships clipping through the shoulders of x420xOri0n. I watched GPU artifacts glitter in the dark, because the game is forever in an alpha state. All those funds will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to buy.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

You're my only hope Obi Wan Ke-

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Mirificus posted:

We are coming up on the ten year anniversary of the most ambitious project in gaming .... And we aren't even 15% of the way there!

80 years til release

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

is this one of those AI dream images?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The Expanse is wrapping up and I've been wanting a good space game to fill that void, obviously I'll chuck $25,000 toward Star Citizen but is there any pow pow space shooters actually worth getting?

I found Elite Dangerous was too slow for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Is space still water?