Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Whatev posted:

Is there a crisis of faith among the crazy people who couldn't stop throwing money at this project? Even if you toss out the insane promises they don't even got a portion of a functional game and the limited gameplay they have been willing to show looks like boring garbage

If you bring up how long the game has been in development, most will sincerely reply with how the game has only been in development for about two years and that everything is going right on schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Anyone know if CIG plans to add a weight gain mechanic to player models, and if so, whether or not there will be a cap on how much weight a player can gain? Also, will there be a way to force feed slaves that you happen to capture on your star adventures?

Asking for a friend.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Serak posted:

This is fine because some players will inevitably see a hole in the economy and start a space drycleaning service, such that you bring your soiled space suit in and they will clean the blood and feces from the inside of it (this will be an in-depth minigame, of course). Once the business takes off, they can employ other lesser citizens to do the cleaning while concentrating more about the management and administration of the burgeoning corporation.

THIS IS WHAT STAR CITIZENS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I love that internet creeps will absolutely out their weird fetishes under the guise of discussing dream features for this not-game.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mr Roberts, I have an idea involving converting urine to a potable liquid that can be pumped directly into the player's mouth or unconscious player's mouth (if they were to have passed out due to dehydration). Basically, the player takes a filtering pill and that's it. No need for strange machines or attachments. In a real water pinch, you could even drink directly from the hose! 🍼

Feel free to contact me if you like this idea!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

the black husserl posted:

as sad and delusional as the starcitizens are, the weirdo goons and Derek Smart fans that insist there is NO GAME and it is ALL A SCAM are even sadder and more delusional

it's a game. you can play it. it just sucks rn and will probably never be good. get over it.

lol

Guys, its definitely NOT A SCAM. You get a product, its just not representative of what you paid in any capacity and it sucks rear end and 95 percent of it is undelivered.

Not a scam!

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 2, 2018

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think it's okay to call the game a scam and assume that Croberts is an inept dumdum.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Playing off the naivety of basement dwellers and forever aloners to sell thousand dollar jpegs is objectively a scam.

Then again, a bunch of weird sex creeps also got scammed, so maybe it's fine.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I can't wait to see what the Google Play asset ripoffs of Star Citizen look like.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Beet Wagon posted:

Same and also I love your av

Thanks man!

The dude who made the video that your av is from apparently made another and it owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJuI4I1Vto

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Star citizen didn't truly start development until last year though!
:goonsay:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Has Starcitizen started development yet?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So has development started on the game?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Cube World

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

These guys should just play SS13

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Have they started development on this game yet?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Applewhite posted:

They're still in the fundraising stage I think.

How TF are haters gonna talk poo poo about this game when they ain't even started developing it!? Give them a full development cycle and then those envious nerds are gonna be begging to be first mate on my space brothel and slave frigate 🤬

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Applewhite posted:

Is it too late to sign up to be one of the slaves?

Any fellow rapscallion is welcome to join, provided that you swear fealty to your captain (me), pass my rigorous entrance exam (99 percent of applicants fail this), and complete the initiation trials (may or may not include monkeys, penguins, and a bottle of space Jack Daniels).

Think you are man enough?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I wonder how many SC whales have died.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So when is development starting?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I wonder how many SC backers are dead.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reminded of when Nintendo outright went 'Metroid Prime 4 wasn't shaping up well at all so we're starting over from scratch', though maybe a rare case given they announced very early for them probably because Metroid fans are used to assuming the franchise is being abandoned.

Regular-rear end Metroid has been basically abandoned.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Cool idea for a game... When's development starting?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The sad thing about the power fantasies of these desperate nerds is that I will never be able to sign up as a lowly deckhand on their ships only to gently caress a bunch of poo poo up and get fired.

Because the game will never be made.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Oct 16, 2020

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

GREAT SATAN posted:

So I re-installed this game having not touched it for a couple years and it seems like it runs worse than before? I sort of remember there being a basic one or two places-to-visit mockup of a game that was pretty but lacking content. Now it seems like a full solar system but runs like poo poo.

What do you expect? It's pre alpha.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That vloggers name... Anita Sarkeesian

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Will this game allow me to use my ship as a space crabbing vessel? I'd like to be the captain of deadliest catch: space edition, until I get fired from my job for getting space me tooed by the nurse I hired to treat my peons.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I heard they are starting development on Star Citizen soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

When’s development starting?