Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Didn't this guy post this in Creative Convention, to rave reviews?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Torquemada posted:

This is a solved problem. ‘Agent Smithing’ or whatever stupid name they came up with means any time someone logs from a group a flawless Turing-destroying AI takes over that person’s duties. This is literally what they believe.

If they'll have bots-indistinguishable-from-players, why don't they just make it a single-player experience? No servers, no shards, players won't know the difference -- why not? Gaming saved!

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

The Titanic posted:

MonacleCat: *assumed kneeling position* Now... Mark me with your pee!

NPc: That feature is not available yet.

MonacleCat: Now, some of the trolls may see this as evidence that the game is being shipped unfinished. However, I have a few words for them as to why their willful misunderstandings ignore the facts that *etc etc for 4000 words*

Fixed because MonocleCat would never complain about a feature not being in the game.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

The Titanic posted:

Some exciting hi lights that were promised, sold to people, but will never happen:

* A full on command and conquer game played with real players where the elite rich can direct them from the bridge of their space ships, called command and control
* A flocking procedural fauna with hunting and skinning and trapping and selling these unique items in your player business location you built in a player city on some random planet
* A moddable hosted multiplayer game where you can run your own server for buddies
* No subscriptions
* Not pay to win
* 50-mission Sq404
* Sq404 mission disk "behind enemy lines", whatever this means
* cock decorations
* Modding tools
* 70 star systems
* tablet companion app to do inventory, etc, while playing the game on your bigger pc
* Bengal carrier is fully operational and can be owned and flown by players in star citizen
* Oculous rift support
* Land on real Earth cities
* public space transportation (space liners between planets, etc, players can ride)
* super complicated repair system and the crucible
* pets (not just the fish)
* and of course, actually being an mmo where you have a point to "own" a fleet of ships and can get into fleet fights with other players

According to monocle cat all of this "will" happen, which is just as good as happening right now.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

quote:

This is a diseased century. We diagnosed the disease and its causes with microscopic exactness, but whenever we applied the healing knife anew sore appeared. Our will was hard and pure, we should have been loved by the people. But they hate us. Why are we so odious and detested? We brought you truth, and in our mouth it sounded a lie. We brought you freedom, and it looks in our hands like a whip. We brought you the living life, and where our voices is heard the trees wither and there is a rustling of dry leaves. We brought you the promise of the future, but our tongue stammered and barked…

Dynastocles fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 10, 2023

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

I’ve seen people using this argument for years but I’ve never seen any actual evidence that Crobbets was actually still rich. They just assume he was. Like no one in history has made a pile of money and then blown it all living an extravagant lifestyle.

Yeah, wasn't he running a used car dealership in New Mexico or something?

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

Biplane posted:

Lord British built an actual insane mans castle too. Croberts can never be as cool.

And an Elizabethan-era village down the hill from the castle, complete with scale model of the Globe Theater. I've been there. It's what I'd do with a billion dollars, too.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

nerd plus rage posted:

Isn't pisscat a social worker or something? Disturbing to think about.

He's a retired nurse and current/former drug abuse counselor I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

Who was that Redbull-sponsored streamer bro who was the closest thing to a "cool" Star Citizen player, who was always hyping it up as the best game of all, and stopped playing it the second his sponsorship contract expired?