Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Fashionable Jorts posted:

RE4 was often made fun of for having poo poo controls, such as the inability to both walk and aim.

"I'm an elite government agent that was sent alone to rescue the president's kidnapped daughter. I have to have both feet firmly planted to fire a small handgun."

Lmao at any rear end in a top hat who didn't play this game on Wii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Stefan Prodan posted:

I played it on Wii and didnt get very far because the controls always seemed super awkward to me lol

pointing at stuff on screen and pulling the z trigger is the easiest control method smh

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
have they mentioned anything about vr support? If you're doing this massive online experience thing with tiny details then the hot tub is useless without vr grabbing titties in my sex pool.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

khwarezm posted:

Very.

Don't go by the thread in Games, one thing that endlessly puzzles me is the incredibly low standards goons hold videogames too so as to avoid being seen as the angry entitled gamer stereotype. It's like they'll gladly swallow game breaking bugs, terrible, exploitative monetization and an utterly mind numbing and shallow experience so that they won't seem mad about videogames.

To be fair whatever they're commenting on having played was a beta.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Nuts and Gum posted:

To be fair whatever they're commenting on having played was a beta.

Never mind apparently the game came out this week and is still a buggy pile of garbage.
Edit- Fallout 76 that is, in case anyone gets scared Croberts actually released something.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

holy poo poo

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Devils Affricate posted:

Buried in cargo, foreverially physicalised and loving it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Oh my god they have a digital host that’s mocapped to introduce assets for a game that doesn’t exist.

It just keeps getting better.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

was this supposed to be a sizzle reel ? lmfao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lodin posted:

That's the third Tex Murphy game, my dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJcxNVeVgH8

I was like 12 when this came out and had a giant 90mhz tower with cd caddy’s. Oh Access Software :allears:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

There’s more realistic item consumption in PokerstarsVR. A free game lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
What a stupid loving title. It's like what the onion would come up with to poke fun at mmo players. Star citizen Lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

sigher posted:

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... attack ships clipping through the shoulders of x420xOri0n. I watched GPU artifacts glitter in the dark, because the game is forever in an alpha state. All those funds will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to buy.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Line ‘em up

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
They’ll get to server meshing, just gotta tighten up the graphics in the bathroom first. Each toilet paper square is unique and must be simulated. No other game is willing to do this for us!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

syntaxfunction posted:

I kind of now want to get a bunch of coding goons, give them a year of steady food, drink, housing and stimulants and have them all independently make systems for a game.

Like the framework is there, the rules of how they can assume the interactions can work, but no one is actually allowed to see other people's systems until you're fixing bugs in the final pass.

Like, one goon develops an AI system, while another develops an item system. They have the same framework, but the AI goon only knows "Item" will have XYZ properties and functions.

It'd be like Star Citizen but purposefully stupid, instead of accidentally.

I think that’s just agile project management and it’s most obviously how watch dogs 3 was developed. The VO artists had no loving clue what even the tone of a conversation should be at any given time. What a disaster of a narrative experience that game is.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
StarCitizen: I hope to play when I’m 50

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Xenocides posted:

I mean it’s one video game, Michael, what could it cost? 10 thousand dollars?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

This entire game exists as some sort of interactive training module for project managers to shuffle poo poo around without delivering anything.

I’ll have what she’s having.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
How do we get John Oliver to do an episode on starcitizen?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Please understand, it’s Star Citizen

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
StarCitizen: terrorism Slaps - just a suggestion

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Yeah I bet a lot of backers have experience with measuring sub millimeter objects :blastu:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

George H.W. oval office posted:

And here we are years later still supporting the same wet fluid dynamics

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

What the Christ is this render to texture tech lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Applewhite posted:

Killed by my space bed because I was facing south but the pillow was on the north end of the bed so my body tried to rotate automatically and I started whirling around so fast I got ejected into space.

You gotta turn your mouse dps up to 10k to counter rotate while crouch jumping.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
My live journal post says yes, my heart says maybe.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
How many dogecoin does an Ibris mine while idle?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Yes but just think of all of the exposure they'll be getting (to bad ideas)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

This has to be Chris Roberts himself. It explains why he can’t ever finish anything, he’s too busy defending himself in the 3rd person for internet justice to make a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Someone get pisscat invited to Bill Mahrs show. I could see him arguing on a panel and everyone assumes it’s about Pakistan or something.