Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fashionable Jorts posted:

That's one of the biggest things that bothers me about the fundamental parts of the game. Lets say somehow they pull all this poo poo together, it's still so bland and generic. Theres no theme, no style. Every ship, gun, spacesuit, door, and crate look like they are out of a dozen other sci-fi settings. There's absolutely nothing unique about SC, and not one asset contained in it "pops" visually.

That helmet can easily be categorized under "pop". I bet at least 15 of the widgets in it pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
lmao that is not a short loop

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Lmao if you think your job has to be quality or have meaning.
Whatevee gets that filthy lucre.
In that regard :gary: has it right.

Double lmao at spending 1-3k per X games.
5 games at that average and you're at that magical 10k number.

You are still a whale, you just got butchered at the port and divided up to make diabetic perfume.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Elderbean posted:

I want to see a bunch of psychologists pick this stuff apart. Like what compels so many people to keep throwing money at something that will clearly never be a reality.

With the decline of religion, other subjects have taken that spot in peoples lives. Games, tv shows, movies, politics, sports.
People are still religious, just not for an actual religion.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Shitizen and Croberts at Tanagra.
Croberts his arms wide.
Croberts at rest.
Shitizen, when the game fell.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

The rabbit hole with citizens (star citizen supporters) goes quite deep.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fried Watermelon posted:

scammers deserve worse than what they are getting

getting lightly mocked on the internet on a dead gay forum? please, how hard of a life do you think they have now

The dream will only become reality once all of the unbelievers have been purged. You stand in the way of paradise!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rad-daddio posted:

Anyone wanna meet up in game and bunny hop around the main areas?

You a J4G or something? Goons need to "rub".

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PetraCore posted:

As someone completely unfamiliar with game engine physics, how much of the completely insane clipping and interaction issues in Star Citizen are caused by the fact they made all the assets super super small to get a 'big world'?

Significant I would think. Since that requires numbers with a lot of digits on the right side of the decimal point, which computers can have issues with.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
We would give the guards a chair to sit in, but it would kill them or launch them into orbit.
Open issue.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
You're also neglecting just how deep the coding horrors can go if you have a totally incompetent business-side person controlling the technical reigns.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boywhiz88 posted:

It’s like a cult the way they’re so consistent in their messaging. It’s the only way to describe it.

A real pyramid scheme multi level marketing opportunity for fat sacks of poo poo REAL NERDS.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

hahahahahahahah that whole $275 dinner and presentation and they had NOTHING showing the actual game. Just jpegs.

AND there weren't enough potatos for everyone!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Tabletop wouldnt satisfy them either. They want to hold power over others through this game and they want it to be a lot of people.

The types that are still this deep in arent likely to be welcomed to any normal tabletop group anyway.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bold Robot posted:

Seriously, at work just give me drip or something and a nespresso, gently caress all that :effort:

More effort means more time not sitting at my desk pretending to work.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Works so well explaining the tank and Jort Shitizen too!

How many presidents will we have during development?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Shart Jortizen

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Haha yes. YES.

The 6,000th retread of C-PAP mask guy. A picture going on a decade old.

Next post the bunny stairs guy or the fat guy!

Does quoting count as "engaging"? And also does anyone have the contact info for UEE? It isn't on the wanted poster.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

The first instinct is outrage that Chris Roberts might be taking advantage of people’s unattainable dreams, then when you take a closer look at the folks getting fleeced the sympathy wains a bit. They’re more than happy to go along with it, in fact it’s a point of pride how much they’ve spent. I don’t foresee regret or ill feelings on anyone’s part when this thing finally reaches its unsatisfying wet fart of a conclusion.

e:

Much like trump voters, they have long ago solved the cognitive dissonance of syncing their beliefs with reality by just completely separating themselves from reality.

They are living in a beutiful frictionless fantasy world now.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

baw posted:

wasnt there a cocktail-mixing minigame for star citizen flight attendants

Only a loving PLEB would let the thirst quenching capabilities of their fleet depend on the built in fluid delivery systems. ENTIRELY INADEQUATE.

That is why I purchased the $2K (presale) (limited edition) DRAUGHTNAUGHT-5000 with BIG GULP payload capacity.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That guy is jumping through the highest of hoops to justify.... waiting.... in a game.... which is designed for fun (allegedly)...

Waiting is the game play and let me tell you, Star Citizen is the ultimate game for waiting.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My ship was banished to the land of wind and ghosts.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Do it ironically posted:

Have they offered their marks yet an opportunity to spend a large amount of money to have their likeness be an NPC at some random location. If not they’re not grifting hard enough

That is the gameplay though.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

We've been following this for a while now. There's only one kind of thing that gets the true believers mad and worried, and this is definitely not it.

Maybe this is a load-bearing design bullet point.
Excited to see what comes of this.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Customer service with a smile

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

quote:

I wanted a game developer given the freedom to push the boundaries beyond what standard game developers were insisting was impossible.

No one believed it was possible to promise this much, deliver so little, and do it all over a timespan now in the decades with funding like this.

We proved them all wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mozi posted:

we all remember the original kickstarter had that $3 million tier for having a man in a whale costume

Technically the backers count for this right? Goal achieved. Croberts delivered.