Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I tried SC the last time it was free a few months ago. I don't think I've seen the bug that bothered me the most mentioned here before. The animation for head bounce in first person view was applied to the HUD and not the camera; when you walked the camera was always level and the HUD bounced up and down. How hard of a bug is that to fix? Did they fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I want to play a video game where all cargo boxes contain real physics-enabled objects while they sit around in a warehouse.

Did they ever figure out how to get more than 42 players on a server?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
You should be able to hide a corpse in your luggage - if you chop it up first. That way you can sneak the body out of the space hotel without getting a hit to your reputation.

edit: I'd also be ok with dissolving them in a bathtub if that's easier for the devs to implement.

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 16, 2020

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I'm starting to wonder if this is all just prototyping for Elon's slave colony on Mars.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
"The first product RSI released in 2043..."

What are the chances SC is in beta before then?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Elite:dangerous is free on epic right now so I tried it. Only did the tutorial and the first cargo mission. I quit when it looked like I was going to have to jump to three different stars to get to my next destination. Obviously I didn't give it a chance, but I don't get whats fun about warping from star to star, then watching an auto docking sequence over and over. Where's the space rape?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
$350 in 2013 would be ~$391 today. By raising the price by $100 it will be properly adjusted for inflation by the time they get around to creating the 3D model in another 8 years. This makes about as much logical sense as any other theory the fans have come up with.

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 27, 2020

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Can you wait 5 mins for public transportation in CyberPunk? I doubt it.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I want to role play as a UPS driver in space, but with timers for immersion.

edit: $336,962,481 in pledges

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 15, 2020

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
How many jpegs does 50k get you?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Gabriel Knight 2 was FMV. It wouldn't have been so bad, but they replaced Tim Curry's voice work from the first game with the actor who played a coffee shop waiter in Frasier. Also, Mostly didn't make an appearance in 2, which was disappointing.

I hated the wing commander games as a kid. The cutscenes were interesting at the time, but the actual gameplay was so boring I couldn't play for more that a few minutes.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
You'd think they'd eventually close off the one route everyone uses to escape space prison, but I guess with nine hour sentences there isn't any real reason to lock things down.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I don't think you'd get the full experience on a laptop anyway. If you aren't building a 1:1 scale replica of the Millenium Falcon cockpit to play SC in whats the point?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
This is a step in the right direction of allowing me to recreate my jr. high AV club days

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Why do the four avatars look the same except for the space suit color? Is there only one female model in game?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
or a 9 hour sentence in the mining prison

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

If you have an hour, this is a fantastic deep dive into the lore of the UEE.

https://youtu.be/j2PGjGFrFZI

Or the shallow generic excuse to sell people 400$ jpgs of spaceships.

He spends 60 minutes calling the UEE lazy and complaining nothing happened in the thousand year history between now and the SC time period. Then he ends the video claiming the Top Gear knockoff is inspired and something he's never seen before? A thousand years in the future and people can't get enough 2000s-era British TV?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Yeah, I'm not trying to pick apart his video, the Top Gear thing just seemed like a weird thing to praise.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
See, the problem is you guys are talking about equality of outcomes - which is terrorism.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
https://i.imgur.com/KIhBUV6.mp4

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 16, 2021

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I'm guessing these are the same people that still believe gamestop is going to hit 100,000 at any moment.

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 18, 2021

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

Mirificus posted:

So I wrote a Star Citizen Novel..... posted:
Here's a link to the rough draft (I hope y'all like it).
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTCaQScp9CamRmNx5z9Pd_RhBlYQp749oHOkz3oL57BDM0zY1xivub7RiislvuAt088z2fPVinaBtQJ/pub
Now I'm interested in actually publishing it. I want to get another community member to do the cover art, and maybe some illustrations. HOWEVER before I do that I wanted to get in touch with RSI to see if I can make this an "Official" star citizen story, or at least get the rights to sell it as fan fiction. But I ain't got no hecking clue how to get in touch with RSI about anything other than an account reset. So will y'all please upvote this so it'll make it up the food chain?

Eh, no thanks.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I read last night that server meshing version 1 is coming by 2022. There will be no perceptible change for the players in v1 though. Turns out there is still a 50 player server limit in PU.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Are people still making money selling ships on the grey market?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Sure, but can you fire a mining laser at a rock for a minute while monitoring an overcharge meter?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Thankfully space pirates live by a very strict code that forbids stream sniping

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
They will be lucky to get more than one biome per planet

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Press 'F' to chillax

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Forget the 9-5 grind of vending machine restocking, I'm going to be a surf bum on Tangeroa.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Considering it takes 20 mins to get anywhere a lot of those hours are probably idle time

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
When are the NPC tour guides for the food court capital ship going to be ready?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
"Hi channel 4? Get a news van over here quick - We've discovered an NPC mining operation!"

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I don't get how they haven't at least finished Squadron42 yet - other than to just keep the grift going I mean

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
They are spending so much time simulating virtual NPCs, but it seems really shallow and adds little imo. I don't care that med packs are twelve credits more today because piracy on Port Olaf got set to 6 out of 10.

Maybe all the data the sim generates will hide the lifeless, 50 player capped servers or something.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
The fidelity of the carpet wear patterns hasn't ever been attempted in a video game before. I'm sure once the carpet tech is complete the dust and hoover tech will fall like dominos.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
As a medic, will I be able to create a human centipede?

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Are any of the $1000+ ships in game yet?

Last I remember the Idris was in the game as an MMO-style boss fight, but not player flyable. That might have changed.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Oh, good. Looks like the surrender tech is going to make it in to PU 3.14. I'm sure the slave tech will quickly follow.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Uh, you can do that in a lot of games now dude. HL2 let you do that nearly 20 years ago.

I carried that loving garden gnome with me in the dune buggy throughout the entire game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
It's nice to see depression is being modeled in game now.