Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinecure
Sep 10, 2011
'the fact that it's even in the same discussion' (which I started)... These people.

I recently started watching some of these Inside Star Citizen videos on YT and they are just amazing, though not in a good way. That Halloween one where they showed the tier 0 power system (ripped straight out of ED) using babby's first flash applet, gushing about how it would accurately model the power available to each half of a ship when it gets torn in two.. Pretty sure there'd be other things to worry about then?

I'm ignoring the 'count dracula' act that other guy was putting up because nothing ever made me want to punch my screen more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinecure
Sep 10, 2011
I tried signing up for a free lawsuit case review for the alleged $1k+ I pledged to see what they were up to, worst case a burner e-mail address gets spammed.

Scammers scamming scammers indeed :shrug:

Sinecure
Sep 10, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

To be fair if they are still developing the feature set then it probably should be listed as an alpha and they're using it correctly unlike everyone else.

It was explained to me before that alpha means feature-complete, i.e. everything implemented technically (and therefore you know it's feasible!), and beta is when you start fully fleshing out the art, polish bugs etc.

If that's so then calling this alpha is even overstating just how far along development really is... Well, they did start with the art I guess.