Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Yaldabaoth posted:

This is why I get pissed when chuds say they're the only PCs in a world filled with NPCs. Being a PC isn't an inherently good thing because lots of games allow the PC to run around murdering everything in sight for the sake of "beating" the game.

I’ve never really acted like that

I tried to do a bad guy play though of alpha protocol but I felt bad

Also I did kill the dark souls merchant for his cool sword but not on the first play though

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Yaldabaoth posted:

That Stimpire thing is what happens when a paraphiliac drops the mask and fully embraces how he gets off to being a complete psychopath and doesn't even try to sugarcoat it anymore. It's basically the fan-fic equivalent of the carpet sample fursuit guy.

yeah the idea is you're in infinite pain, infinitely. How anything gets done when the objective of the empire is to immobilise and torture every citizen was not explained. It was suggested that things just kinda worked while every individual was either being tortured or under thread of infinite torture at any point in their future. For some reason star citizen was an integral part of the fantasy.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Yaldabaoth posted:

Honestly if the rules of nature say that cis white men are allowed to enslave and exterminate all the other races and genders then all the other races and genders should just burn the world to the ground because there's no incentive for the other races and genders to behave themselves when their only options are slavery or extermination.

you could just kill the cis white men

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I can’t even play a PS4 game more than 2 hours a month. who are these adults who play for hours a day

i think maybe you're the odd one out here

2 hours a month seems a little on the low side

but the simple judgement free explanation is: you do have free time right? Well in that time they're playing games.

You might be one of those lucky people who enjoys their job and basically lives for it but well, the majority of us are not that lucky.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 7, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

wow. you are pathetic

wtf lol

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I really would love to read a Stimpire TL:DR, because holy poo poo that whole is dense and purple prose that makes no sense. Its like the worst kind of over flowery poo poo you'd see on TVTropes writing forums by 14 year olds trying to sound deep.

Yes that’s the unintended joke

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
raytracing seems like its for casual games

starcitizen is going to have dedicated facilities that simulate individual photons

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
the two most sci fi concepts ever conceived: A river and a coffee machine, together in one game at last

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Trollologist posted:

Okay, here's what I don't get about SC, at this point: Backers are lining up to suck off this river like it's the greatest, best designed river in video game history. A cursory search for "No man's sky River" yields the below and like like hundreds of other results.

It's a game that exists, came out, works, and has been patched to like, function. What exactly is SC aiming to do that Elite Dangerous and No Mans' sky, and Eve online aren't already doing? It seems like the answer to that question is: be a scam.

no coffee machine

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Captain Yossarian posted:

I don't think anyone would have bought it. No one cares about Wing Commander any more

i mean you can make an audience with marketing and actually making a good product

you can make people care

not sure Roberts is the man to do that though

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MedicineHut posted:

Lovely well adjusted players in SC hey. Love the slow burn and gradual build up to a total meltdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrsXt-pPqV0

this person really wants to be a serial killer irl but is scared of jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Star system containing what exactly

How many npcs and locations are in the game total

Also this poo poo about shooting a space ship and the bullet flies thru the mess hall and fidelitously hits private jackoff right through the astro burger or whatever, that means in game if your crew isn't paying attention you can just spontaneously die from hostile forces, right? With no warning or idea or even finding out afterwards?

Does that mean you can accidentally die from flying through a micro meteor field? If no then does that mean your ship is immune to space bullets?

this is all because people don't know the difference between realism and verisimilitude

what people actually want in their games is the latter but they dont speak no good