Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

wooo booy. I downloaded this bad boy and got ready to jack into the verse...

just need to create a character, wonder what the default is? hmm.. *game loads for 15 minutes*

wowee...

Probably just a result of randomization, so many combinations available etc. such a vast amount of potential out there in this new universe...

Hm

They can't all be bad combinations, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

ok so I actually tried playing after i made a very cool character.

it actually runs better than i'd anticipated. its so so buggy and there isn't any clear direction or guide.

i was able to get into a ship and fly off into nothingness without it crashing.

it doesn't run like an optimized game or anything but it actually runs "ok" on my fairly powerful machine (1070, 16gb ram, ryzen 1700, 2560x1080).

I expected performance to be insanely poo poo but that isn't the major problem. It is a big empty chasm. a true space simulation where you are just alone and drifting in a void with no clear direction and yelling into the void for help about how to no longer drift in space.

you reach your objective and there are little way points on them with no indication whatsoever about how to interact with the goals.

anyway, if you have a computer good enough to run it, it is a good laugh.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

I tried playing on a free weekend a couple years ago. It was real loving bad.

The character creator was extremely bad to to the extent everyone looked like the Mario 64 face after you yanked it around. Made Skyim characters look like high end studio CGI.

As others mentioned you would go flying while doing something as mundane as stand out of a chair. Hilarious yes, good? Oh hell no

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Star citizen feels about as developed as when I was like 11 and modified quake files so the shotgun shot 1000 pellets.

Since all the money is donations they cannot be sued, correct? I'd guess a lot of those donations are going to some serious lawyers.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Just checking but can I cook breakfast for my waifu while staring into the void yet?

If not, this is very disturbing. I gave up law school for this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

.random posted:

Ummm. Sorry, I think you meant “can my waifu cook breakfast for me while I stare into the void”

You may be correct but my waifu is 2d and I don't think spatulas are compatible