Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The game is actually completed, they just need more money to commission IBM to create a computer powerful enough to run it.

Stay tuned true believers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
So do the toilets work in this game or what?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Elevator safety regulations coming out in version Alpha PTU 3.3.6. Until then just don't look around too fast or walk into any walls or on certain floors.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

dreadmojo posted:

One thing I did notice is that every job, every single job, is flying somewhere to pick up a package. You're space uber basically.

Futurama the game

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the idea of all the crap they're selling is that you can get this stuff for free pretty easily ingame, but for a premium you can engage in PVP knowing if you lose and the other guy takes your poo poo the game will give you everything right back. It appears to be specifically marketed to guys incredibly salty about how paying $3000 for a fancy ship in EVE wasn't an instant-win button against other players, IIRC CIG has also promised poo poo like day-one banning everyone from goonfleet.

A premium? Like space insurance? They're selling digital space insurance?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
My spaceship exploded and I didn't have insurance so now I have to serve drinks on a passenger transport

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Icochet posted:

"All work was lost because the servers overloaded with content and there are no backups because no backup system could handle the extreme fidelity. It's a real bummer. But hey, you get to keep the jpgs!"

Please donate to our new kickstarter so we can develop an enterprise backup system that can handle Star Citizen.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Players must now eat a candy bar every 20 minutes or else their character will die of starvation.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
We have resolved the heart attack issue. You are now able to purchase a synthetic heart for $159.95 which will make you immune to heart attacks.

They are prone to failure though, so you may also purchase synthetic heart insurance at the low cost of $10 a month.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Will StarCitizen have space scrimshaw?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got kicked in the head by a mule as a child so that's why I've spend 40K on star citizen.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Have they fixed the bug where if you run too much your heart explodes and you die? Or is that still a feature?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
My main concern as an intergalactic bounty hunter is making sure my prisoners don't diarrhea all over the place

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
More toilets = more bounties. That's just simple economics!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

has the game come out yet?

Oh who knows

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I thought this was a spaceship game

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'll go with "Leave the Room"

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

I thought this was a spaceship game

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Star Ocean is a lot different from Star Citizen because Star Ocean is a game you can actually play.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I heard they added a new feature that makes it impossible to log into the game.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yes, now they know that they need to fix the problem of not being able to run the game. Progress.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/12cv3la/took_me_awhile_but_a18_is_a_better_place_now/

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
??? What the hell is he talking about, most of the major video game companies use AWS

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
In the future, everything will look like the Chicago O'Hare International Airport

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

LordArgh posted:

Imagining being stuck talking to monocle cat and having to improvise a way to kill myself.

Maybe if I pretend to have a stroke he'll go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Worf posted:

TV evangelist meets pet rock: now on PC

Maybe the next phase is to turn Star Citizen into a religion for tax exempt status