Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I have a reddit account and I don't think I ever upvoted a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

that's also GBS circa 2016 except over-invested posters were keeping track of the superstars instead of using a forums-based points system

E: even then some of the more boring posters were obsessing over their goldmined thread count in the posting gloryhole

:justpost:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

someone bought me a copy of this game and on my first game i got out of bed fully clothed, found the ship getter, got into the airlock, failed to change into my space clothes, died and uninstalled the game.

I'm glad Sierra adventure games are back.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So besides the airlock thing does this game have cool space quest deaths where if you punch buttons in the wrong order your space craft explodes or just a floor that gives way to acid or something?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

marktheando posted:

If these people don’t want other players fooling around and ruining their immersion, why are they playing a multiplayer game?

Space kinks

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Really any game that you can get around by any method other than qwop destroys my immersion.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Just a super close in anus shot so you can see the insanely high bung poly density

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

katka posted:

Basically, is this poo poo show the biggest waste of money the games industry has ever seen?

There have been games where a lot of money was spent and zero product came out. A metric fucknut of money was spent of SC but there exists a lovely half built product. To answer your question, yah probably.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Few other lol things.

They haven't really started working on Female models yet because ( lol) there aren't really any female characters in S42 its mostly males age 25-40.

The facial DNA that they are hyping up as something truly amazing and ground breaking is something they bought from someone and they were going to scrap it but they somehow managed to Frankenstein it into the engine.

They said a lot of stuff off the cuff but honestly at this point I'm having a hard time coming up with anything they have actually made vs something they bought and spent a poo poo load of time trying to get to work with the engine that they also bought.

Real ground breaking stuff here.

Most facials are chocked full of dna

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The borderlands games are v good coop and it's amazing that bungie hosed up the formula so bad

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah, the Million Mile High Club (because ew)

It was a fancypants bar for people who had given them... I wanna say $1000? It wasn't all that much. Anyway the "bouncer" (read: static NPC) was the first black person/POC/human that wasn't printer paper white to ever be seen in any Star Citizen media and goons made fun of CIG because it was just so loving blatantly idiotic. I can't remember if they replaced him or just got rid of the bouncer altogether.

Do they charge real world drink prices for an e-scotch?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Honestly, ddosing star citizen does sound like a good idea.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zzulu posted:

The cultists recruit new people for the game. They are basically a marketing department that works for free. They'll release video after video of the game (never actually showing anything negative) and constantly talking up what an amazing game it is on forums as well

Then a non-cultist releases a fair video and the game looks like dogshit at which point the cultists will flock to the video and go "IT'S JUST AN ALPHA MORON"

but are they actually roping in new whales? jumps like that are coming from the big time jpeg buyers

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

lol ED Owens and you suck

I have ED, it owns

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
:gary::gary:

brapppp
/

:gary::gary:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I don't give a gently caress about those rubes getting taken.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Except despite being a silly "lol manually fired guns on a spaceship" you can see those guns have autoloaders with belt fed shells and they just have a gunner to pull the trigger. None of this "load shells into a shell loader then load that loader into a lifter to load shells into the launcher.

Also the primary driver of the technology in the star wars world is recreating shots from classic movies and then retconning the whole world to accept that technology.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Applewhite posted:

*fires up Star Citizen after eleven month hiatus*

*Remembers my character is a space janitor trapped in a broom cupboard*

*logs off for another twenty months*

That's literally space quest 2, also a game where you can die in an elevator.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

It's like if Tommy Wiseau was seen as a filmmaking expert whose opinion on the craft was somehow relevant... loudness aside.

If someone crowdsourced the film version of star citizen tommy wiseau would absolutely be the relevant expert to discuss the process

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Oh boy do we need eyes where we're going!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I assume the game models that when you poo poo in zero g it just floats there until you hit the thrusters.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I want a full .xlsx Gantt Chart but with absolutely no time axis at all

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

Reminder: when people talk about "Star Citizen", this is the game they're talking about.

Babby's first steps with 3ds max's scanline renderer, courtesy of the cryengine somehow.

This is an amazingly good render of the places where you can get a $5 gas station coffee at a major conference center

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

^^^ My understanding from my limited knowledge of Fortnite is people watching your stream to know where you are, so they can easily find you and shoot you, right?

That just sounds like bad Opsec.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
This is sort of like if the winds of winter were grrms first book

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

.random posted:

You’d never guess it due to the AMAZING amount of content, more than every other AAA game combined, but yes! It is still in alpha! How long was Gmail in beta? They refuse to rush perfection and that’s why they’ll always have my respect!!!

To be fair if they are still developing the feature set then it probably should be listed as an alpha and they're using it correctly unlike everyone else.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I feel like ten minutes of screen cap of the installer running and failing would cover

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Is there any way this ends without bankruptcy and assets being sold for scrap, with a barely playable single player game hitting the steam discount bin?

I mean obviously they're going to strip the foundation to the studs before they shut down but they're fully profitable now without a game, they have the best subscription model with free money and just need the best embezzlement setup to extract maximum cash from the company.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Is mechwarrior 5 any good

I’ve never played a mechwarrior game but I want to

It's really good coop but the AI mechs are garbage

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Nm

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I remember Cortex Command (also a never finished game) had persistent garbage and you'd fight on heaps of bodies and spaceship wrecks. It was pretty cool.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
How did George rr Martin pick the wrong video game associate himself with

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Shame is good, so is bullying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

shankerz posted:

A good post from PAX about PVP and how CIG regulates it. Greifer Net recently got spanked by CIG
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/meta-gaming-player-organized-events-and-organized-/6603139

Lol people on the wrong side of a skill issue complained to the mods