Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Personally I can't wait to play Feature Creep: The Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm the knee pad that goes up past his knee

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

bad day posted:

In 2017 it’s no longer acceptable to just enjoy a thing. It has to become part of your identity somehow.

IM CONSUMER RIIIICK

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

big nipples big life posted:

Every time you ask "Will the game have _______________?" the answer is Yes, that is why this game is the shitshow it is.

'Will this game have feature creep?' holy poo poo it works

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao. How do you use something that doesn't exist.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A freelancer sequel would be really good too though :unsmith:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've been playing War Thunder and you can shoot planes and they fly well and have a sperg mode you guys should play as well instead of obsessing over Star poopizen.

Yeah but can you buy virtual land as a future investment? checkmate

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dark Off posted:

in star citizen news you can now buy a bomber jpg. That can carry moab.or 2 tanks.
only 595$

tanks? this game is gonna have ground combat? lol

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

IDONTPOST posted:

Why are people buying in game poo poo for a game that will never come out? What am I missing here?

You know how some people will pay actual money for a game that hasn't been released and nobody knows is actually good? This is the next (il)logical step.

Wait no, I guess Early Access goes somewhere in between those steps but you see my point

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm not an alcholic, I know people who drink 3 bottles of wine a day where I just drink one

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

:vince: Well I'm glad I kept reading this thread

"I'm all for women's independence but women thinking for themselves are a scourge on society"

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So are they just greedy or are they actually running out of money? How have they raised *googles star citizen funds raised* Jesus christ, 181 million dollars, and still have no game to show for it?

Also isn't this the kind of thing you would want to make free, so people who haven't invested any money will see it and think 'oh this looks good, I might get in on this'?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Man this guy is gonna have his mind blown when he discovers the entire genre of city builders

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Entropic posted:

My favorite thing about Firefly was how they made a whole thing about everyone knowing chinese and speaking it but still managing to cast zero asian actors in the show.

Turns out jackie chan was too high profile and jet li was busy.

Those are the only asian actors, right?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

edit: from the Star Citizen subreddit

Elderbean posted:

The real racism is when white people can't use the n-word word.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Must be one of those anti gravity elevators I've been hearing about

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

LifeSunDeath posted:

Thankfully I'm not just terminally retarded with E:D. Part of why I bothered trying it 3 times was that I have a Vive and initially thought it was a controller capable game in VR. It has some controls mapped to the gamepad but hides a bunch under double directional presses and modifiers they don't explain, but really without the keyboard setup you can't do anything useful. Watched a full tutorial on space trucking and still failed to get missions going or land safely. Bottom line, I'm not retarded, I can learn complex systems, E:D needs to fly into the sun and never be spoken of again imo.

I'm dumb as gently caress and figured out space trucking in like 2 hours

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I liked that mission in XCOM