Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pound_Coin posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/01/ireland-will-have-final-say-on-progress-of-brexit-talks-says-eu

Ireland gets the final say over Brexit negotiation.

Ireland get the final say

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Not to be mean to you all britons who have to suffer through the whole Brexit farce, but you can't deny that this is some motherfucking karmic justice right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

EU member most affected by negotiations oddly enough getting final say on those negotiations.
Well.
gently caress me.
I didn't see that coming.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Cerebral Bore posted:

Not to be mean to you all britons who have to suffer through the whole Brexit farce, but you can't deny that this is some motherfucking karmic justice right here.

I laughed so hard it hurt

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The EU is bullying us again! We're being bullied! Please, mum, help us!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
United Ireland by the end of 2018 then? With reparations so that it doesn't cost the Irish taxpayer any more until 2050.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Cultural Marxist posted:

Here’s the draw...

Unless England are even worse than usual they’ll get out of their group. They’ll play someone from Group H in the next round.

I predict:

- A dull and mediocre 1st match with Belgium, resulting in a 0-0 draw.

- A 2nd match with Panama where England painfully fail to punch at their weight, eventually farting out a 1-0 win.

- A 3rd match where a young, optimistic and motivated Tunisian team beat England 3-1, while the overpaid shits sulk around on the pitch like they're doing everyone a favour by turning up at all.

Why yes, I think England are poo poo, why do you ask?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

I predict:

- A 2nd match with Panama where England painfully fail to punch at their weight, eventually farting out a 1-0 win.

- A 3rd match where a young, optimistic and motivated Tunisian team beat England 3-1, while the overpaid shits sulk around on the pitch like they're doing everyone a favour by turning up at all.

You've got the order of the matches the wrong way round.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pistol_Pete posted:

I predict:

I was going to go for two draws and then a loss to Belgium, which may get them through, but would still be funny.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

You missed the best quote

quote:

‘They are looking for ways to hurt Turkish businesses here,’ said Baris Donmez, the owner of a 24-hour kebab bistro in Berlin’s Mitte district. ‘Such a ban would be the biggest pile of garbage imaginable.’

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Chicken shish is better anyway :colbert:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Thanks Ants posted:

wrong.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I think you'll all find that actually meat is murder. Delicious greasy murder.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Thanks Ants posted:

Chicken shisha, achieved by putting an oxo cube on top of a nargile and setting it on fire.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pound_Coin posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/01/ireland-will-have-final-say-on-progress-of-brexit-talks-says-eu

Ireland gets the final say over Brexit negotiation.

Ireland get the final say

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm drawing up a list of demands as we speak. If the UK surrenders Pissflaps we may be lenient

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Thanks Ants posted:

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I'm drawing up a list of demands as we speak. If the UK surrenders Pissflaps we may be lenient
Deal. In fact if you take him you can have the whole of NI back.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Guavanaut posted:

Chicken shisha, achieved by putting an oxo cube on top of a nargile and setting it on fire.

Sikh kebab

Thanks Ants posted:

Look who hasnt had a good falafel

Shawarma is still king
Heavy on the tahina, garlic, and hot sauce
with fries dipped in the meat tornado drippings
And pickles
in proper saj bread

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 1, 2017

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Julio Cruz posted:

You've got the order of the matches the wrong way round.

Who cares. Football is the Worst thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So have we quietly acquiesced to the EU's position on citizen rights or are they being chill and allowing us to open up trade talks before that's been settled?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Donald T (the polish one) posted:

This is why the key to the UK’s future lies – in some ways – in Dublin, at least as long as Brexit negotiations continue.

Donald's begun to see the funny side of Brexit :allears:

quote:

"Let me say very clearly: if the UK offer is unacceptable for Ireland, it will also be unacceptable for the EU. I realise that for some British politicians this may be hard to understand,” said Tusk. “But such is the logic behind the fact that Ireland is the EU member while the UK is leaving.

very clear about that lol

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Donald's going to hurt his wrist if he twists that knife any harder.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Its interesting how much of the Brexit position seems to be based on the "Im not touching you" defence.

Hard border with RoI? - "Well we won't put up a hard border, if the EU do thats their fault"

European Capital of Culture - "Well we don't want to leave the program, if the EU kick us out thats their fault"

Air Traffic Control? - "Well we don't want to leave the ECAA, if the EU kick us out thats their fault"

Brexit means Brexit except when it doesn't and then its the EUs fault.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Sikh kebab

Shawarma is still king
And pickles
in proper saj bread

This guy gets it.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Best Kebeab UK: The Best Turkish Kebab, Stokenewington High St

Best Berlin Kebab: Fugger ibis, FuggerStrasse

Uk kebab shops missing a trick when it comes to donnerboxes imo

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Sikh kebab

Shawarma is still king
And pickles
in proper saj bread

Partial to having my shawarma with lamb, red onions, lettuce with harissa and mint and yoghurt. The Shawa Lebanese Grill in Bluewater is really good.

Failing that a nice big portion of doner meat and chips with chilli sauce and onions.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Seaside Loafer posted:

Deal. In fact if you take him you can have the whole of NI back.

Wales too, if you want it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hey twisto, do you know what the specifics are re:

Guavanaut posted:

That's likely the case if it was just "thousands of thumbnails", because thousands of thumbnails is exactly what TGP sites were. Thousands of thumbnails of just animal or child stuff is suspicious, because that implies that you've gone to a site just for that, even if you didn't click anything, but I'm fairly certain there was a 'thumbnail defence' where if you've got a couple of dodgy thumbnails in a pile of others in your temp files and no proof that you clicked it, the assumption is that you just visited a site which didn't verify well enough and did not deliberately go searching for illegal images.

I know CAI is pretty much strict liability inasmuch as you can't use the "I got no sexual gratification from those, I was merely researching for a book" defence or the "I only looked at the images, I had no idea what a cache was" defence, but you can use the "I was visiting what I thought was a normal adult site and then left as soon as I saw that, because wtf, and I didn't click on anything" defence if that's what happened, but I can't recall whether it was any specific precedent that was set, or whether the CPS issued a guideline after a few too many overzealous "hit everyone who viewed this IP, what do you mean IPs can have more than one website?" incidents or something else.

It doesn't apply directly to Green because his dog-dicks.rm were (barely) legal at the time, but I can definitely remember it being a thing in webhost circles.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao at the fact Damian Green will still be a minister in the new year as May is too scared to sack him.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Minister for dog dicks and poo poo pics.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The department for exiting the european union is losing 9% of its entire workforce every 3 months.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's running a test to see what will happen to the country as a whole.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ok, seriously this poo poo isnt funny anymore, gently caress waiting 5 years for an election, You wouldnt leave a child alone with a chainsaw for 5 minutes. Why the gently caress are the tories still in power.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pound_Coin posted:

Ok, seriously this poo poo isnt funny anymore, gently caress waiting 5 years for an election, You wouldnt leave a 5 year old alone with a chainsaw for 5 minutes. Why the gently caress are the tories still in power.

Because the way our government works is that there is no facility to remove them unless enough of them break the law badly enough to end up in long term prison and lose their majority, or if they volunteer to quit of their own volition.

There is literally no mechanism to remove the tories that doesn't rely on them voting for it, or the queen deciding she wants to go out with a bang.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Go on Brenda

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

At this point Michael Gove could be caught on video bumming a horse in the gob and if anything it'll boost his leadership chances.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Gorn Myson posted:

bumming a horse in the gob

:thunk:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Could be a donkey, then it'd be rear end to mouth.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Guavanaut posted:

Could be a donkey, then it'd be rear end to mouth.

:golfclap:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Tusk may be a head of a neo-lib organisation...

...but I'm wanting him and Ireland to humiliate this government into the dirt. I want their nose so firmly rammed into this sloppy turd they curled out that everyone will smell poo poo on them for the rest of their miserable days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Gorn Myson posted:

At this point Michael Gove could be caught on video bumming a horse in the gob and if anything it'll boost his leadership chances.

We have a mukker in the house

• Locked thread