Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Handsome Ralph posted:

So where's Glenn Greenwald to tell us this is just the Democrats trying to make things up?

Now he will brag about he, a rhetorically impeccable human, waited for the real news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

BigDave posted:

So, Trump tells Flynn to negotiate with Moscow about a UN Israeli vote, and this violated the Logan Act because we consider Russia to be in dispute with the United States?

Given their retaliatory actions in response to the Magnitsky Act, yes.

e: Mueller's is probably the most experienced prosecutorial team in US history. The charges of lying to the FBI are probably just a distraction, and they're planning on hitting Bigly Maga Jr and Kushner with more serious charges related to something we may not know about.

psydude fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 1, 2017

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

No way to tell yet. It'll depend on what and how much Flynn discloses and cooperates with the Mueller investigation.

His cooperation and testimony, I'm sure, will be exhibit A in a final report.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nothing matters, until it matters.

This doesn't matter yet.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I hope Reince Preibus gets charged in the collateral damage of all of this. That little weasel bitch got off way too easy.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Depends on what Trump told Flynn to talk to the Russians about, and when.

But this is the first evidence of team trump taking an active role in courting/contacting Russia, which is a big deal that starts to open up the possibility of charges of cooperating with or soliciting to Russia.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/dick_nixon/status/936638889502101506

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/comey/status/936641449294286848

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I feel like I can almost see his satisfied smile.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
trolling the poo poo out of redhats about how Trump doesnt have the balls to charge Hillary. if he cant even charge her, how can he defend the nation?!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:pisstape:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

What was the UN vote in question and what did Russia do?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Subtle "piss tape is real" tweet???

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Comey's IG account is "a_higher_loyalty," which might as well be ":angel:get_fucked_you_ignorant_orange_rapist:angel:".

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Tuned in to Rush to hear the RWM take on today. Very suspect that the Flynn guilty plea would happen to mask the good news for Trump on the Tax Bill happens today and the bad news of the not guilty verdict and Franken. Makes you think.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Late from last months thread

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Which car company was it that built a plant in Alabama(?) and realized they had to translate their manuals into picture books because the local cheap labor was also illiterate?

It was the Toyota RAV4, yes in Alabama, plant and they ended up deciding it was such a bad proposition that they went to Canada instead.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
If Flynn stuff gets out of control, feel free to start a spinoff thread to get us through the weekend.

Also, just a reminder everyone: Flynn will testify and nothing will happen. GOP will not impeach and nobody will resign. Nothing matters.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Soylent Pudding posted:

What was the UN vote in question and what did Russia do?

Something about Israeli settlements.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Yup, Woodstock, Ontario. In another example, John Deere moved a grader plant from nearby here to west Virginia, production dropped off a cliff so they said gently caress it and moved all production to China. Sucks for us but lol WV

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

Late from last months thread

It was the Toyota RAV4, yes in Alabama, plant and they ended up deciding it was such a bad proposition that they went to Canada instead.

I had guys from WV/eastern OH in my platoon who were functionally illiterate. I worked with Afghans were were better at writing in English than they were. It was really horrifying.

e: It was so bad that the battalion S1 made me translate their sworn statements at one point because some of them were nearly unintelligible.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

psydude posted:

What's the official cultural name of this scandal now? Stupid Watergate?

Mueller Time

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Zeris posted:

If Flynn stuff gets out of control, feel free to start a spinoff thread to get us through the weekend.

Also, just a reminder everyone: Flynn will testify and nothing will happen. GOP will not impeach and nobody will resign. Nothing matters.

I'm hoping if the tax bill goes down in flames, trump might as well

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Kill whitey.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Dude

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
All future incoming Presidents, in addition to finding the traditional letter from their predecessor, will find a little yellow sticky note on the corner of the Resolute desk, saying "DO NOT gently caress WITH YOUR FBI DIRECTOR"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm hoping if the tax bill goes down in flames, trump might as well

Not sure if it will. They're talking like they have 50 votes + Pence as a tiebreaker.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigDave posted:

Not sure if it will. They're talking like they have 50 votes + Pence as a tiebreaker.

NY Times is saying that they have the votes too.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Passing poo poo legislation noone wants, everyone says is a bad idea and the consequences of which have not been examined just to show that you can do something.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It'll pass the senate and then destroyed in conference, most likely, because the stuff that Flake/Corker/etc. want are all complete poison to the HFC. They're just throwing poo poo together at this point to get the hot potato thrown back to the house.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Fox News right now is covering when Bill Clinton talked to Lynch on the tarmac. Big story!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Still blows me away that Flynn was going to kidnap a US citizen and send him to Turkey to get tortured to death and that isn’t even the main story

NSA WIZARD
Jan 20, 2016

HO HO HO

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Still blows me away that Flynn was going to kidnap a US citizen and send him to Turkey to get tortured to death and that isn’t even the main story

In fairness how many times have we've done this? It just usually doesn't involve literal gold bars.

e:f;b by the Wizard.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Fake account

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

doom_marine_piss_tape.webm

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

doom_marine_piss_tape.webm

Please don't post John Romero's kink tapes.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I want to see Cheese Brain taken down more than anything else. Still I really hate Flynn and am disappointed that we need to let him off so easily to get there. His crying about how it's not ok to call him a traitor gets on my nerves.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/936622942175268864

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

I want to see Cheese Brain taken down more than anything else. Still I really hate Flynn and am disappointed that we need to let him off so easily to get there. His crying about how it's not ok to call him a traitor gets on my nerves.

The only thing separating him from being an honest to god "give him the firing squad" traitor is he didn't consummate it because he got caught before it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MA-Horus posted:

You asked for a miracle, I give you the FBI.

Good thread title. please make happen

• Locked thread