Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Geese is pretty rad in Tekken 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it a bug in Nex Machina that you don't get any points for world 6 if you die fighting Nex Machina

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

^^
Do you mean supreme ai?

Xenoblade 2 is a massive improvement over 1 in gameplay and the music kicks rear end

Like just mapping attacks to buttons instead of having to navigate a skill bar with a cursor is like a dream come true

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 1, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Geese is pretty rad in Tekken 7

Agreed but hes too complicated when im still trying to figure out braindead paul.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Agreed but hes too complicated when im still trying to figure out braindead paul.

Its less that he's complicated and more like his combos dont work like the rest of the cast really. it was the same thign with Akuma, he just has SF combos, and Geese just does KOFXIV stuff. its cool that they just unabashedly threw in a different design philosophy while making it control the same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thinking about that idea, will Noctis be a 1-button character a la smash? lol.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I want Kiryu in Tekken and Majima in Soul Calibur

Real hurthling! posted:

^^
Do you mean supreme ai?

No the two times I fought Nex Machina (the giant head) I died and then the results screen had x0 for everything (humans rescued, beacons etc) Which makes sense I guess since I lost but I mean it's an optional fight

Hopefully I'll win next time though because the first time I didn't realise how strong the dash explosion was

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Is the Destiny 2 expansion out for everyone Dec 6?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

i recently switched to foobar over itunes because ugh itunes but while it's definitely easier to use, doesn't have that weird forced auto level balance that makes some songs impossibly quiet for no reason, and doesn't have lovely delays after every track on account of being trash bloatware, i have this other problem associated with foobar having a weird elitist audiophile community: you cannot get a straight answer without having to sift through an iron wall of diarrhea posters.

>"hi guys i just got into foobar and how do i make the previous track button work?"
>KILL URSELF BITCH
>/THREAD
>GO BACK IN TIME AND STOP YOURSELF FROM MAKING THIS WORTHLESS THREAD
>WHY DO YOU USE FOOBAR GO BACK TO ITUNES YOU WASTE OF OXYGEN
>DO YOU HEAR THAT SOUND? IT'S THE SOUND OF YOUR BRAIN CELLS DYING
>UR MOM MADE MY PREVIOUS TRACK BUTTON WORK LAST NIGHT BY SUCKING MY COCK
>I HOPE YOU DIE OP
>EVERYONE DIES BUT I HOPE OP DIES BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE
>hi! all you have to do is use the shuffle (tracks) setting instead of random!
>PIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>NEVER BREED OP

this place sounds cool, sign me up

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Its less that he's complicated and more like his combos dont work like the rest of the cast really. it was the same thign with Akuma, he just has SF combos, and Geese just does KOFXIV stuff. its cool that they just unabashedly threw in a different design philosophy while making it control the same

Oh yeah i meant complicated for me, the "find the character with the strongest normals and shortest combos" player

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgdBaNTiaCc

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

goddam I want to make my SNES mini shiny af

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why are American Super Nintendos so weird looking

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i've been meandering my way through the witcher 3 because i only have so much time to play video games, i'd been holding off on doing kaer morhen for like 2 weeks because it seemed like that was the end of the game

nope apparently there's still a whole day's worth of content after that. i wish it had been more clear about how much story was left.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Help Im Alive posted:

Ask Lance Barr, he redesigned the famicom and super famicom into their US versions*. I would like to know why that happened, though.

*which I learned today from wikipedia

e: here is something about it http://playingwithsuperpower.com/the-thought-behind-super-nintendo-s-design/

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Nina posted:

My first online Splatoon experience: Rick and Morty meme posts and getting matched up against level 40 players at level 1

Level is just how long someone has been playing, not necessarily how good they are. But after you play a few matches the game will give you an invisible power rating and the match ups will get a lot better

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

i've been meandering my way through the witcher 3 because i only have so much time to play video games, i'd been holding off on doing kaer morhen for like 2 weeks because it seemed like that was the end of the game

nope apparently there's still a whole day's worth of content after that. i wish it had been more clear about how much story was left.

Are you doing the DLCs because they easily add an extra 40-50 hours to the game.

Both of them are also fantastic.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm level 11 and I'm utter garbage at splatoon but I keep playing because it's really fun!!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mutata posted:

I'm going to get a new game dev job next year. Toxx me.

Have you not done anything since Disney Infinity?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Andrast posted:

Are you doing the DLCs because they easily add an extra 40-50 hours to the game.

Both of them are also fantastic.

I bought the expansion pass and tried to start it but I was way too weak for the fights which is what prompted me to head through to the end of the main storyline yeah

I mostly play it when my girlfriend is home because she likes watching so I'm sure I'll be done in 2019

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Decided to go back and finish off Alien Isolation. Definitely liked it for the most part it really captures the look and feel of the original film and actually made the alien feel scary for the first time in years, but I can understand why some people took against it it has some of the worst padding in a game I've ever experienced.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

idk why I forgot about this but there's an update to Night in the Woods coming this month I'm pumped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbSFjcJ1K1I

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey hey hey

It's fiiiiiiiirst aidkite

na na na gonnahaveagoodtiiiiiime

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I bought the expansion pass and tried to start it but I was way too weak for the fights which is what prompted me to head through to the end of the main storyline yeah

I mostly play it when my girlfriend is home because she likes watching so I'm sure I'll be done in 2019

Blood and Wine should be done after the end of the main quest

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Andrast posted:

Blood and Wine should be done after the end of the main quest

yeah i read that heart of stone could be done prior and blood and wine after. i'd started heart of stone.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well my phone decided to enter a bootloop this morning so now I have to look into getting it serviced... or replaced. Anyone use one of those Pixel phones?

Also considering how much I use two-factor authentication I am now in hell.

Also if I believed in conspiracy theories, really convenient this happens after all the sales have wound down...

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 1, 2017

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well my phone decided to enter a bootloop this morning so now I have to look into getting it serviced... or replaced. Anyone use one of those Pixel phones?

Also if I believed in conspiracy theories, really convenient this happens after all the sales have wound down...

Pixel 2s are really sweet. I thought the "grip to google" feature was a gimmick at first but it's surprisingly useful. Camera is the best on the market, screen is beautiful, I like the size more than the N6, etc. I still haven't seen a Pixel 2XL in the wild.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

because the US designers were obsessed with making it look like a machine for cool, hip '90s kids instead of a colorful children's toy

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The American SNES design is, in fact, "cool" and "hip". :colbert:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yesss. December means I can post my top 10 games of 2017 that nobody cares about or asked for!

1: Breath of the Wild
2: Mario Odyssey
3: Night in the Woods
4: Total War: Warhammer 2
5: Resident Evil 7
6: Wolfenstein 2
7: Sonic Mania
8: PUBG (get wrecked, haters)
9: Crash Bandicoot: Nsane Trilogy
10: Tales of Berseria

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The Oreo update broke file transferring with Windows 10 on my pixel and it's annoying as hell. Also Twitter links never load on the first click and videos embedded in tweets play choppily.

I wouldn't recommend that phone to anyone

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It could be the power button is stuck in, maybe try whacking it on a table sideways.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
never try to emulate valkyrie profile 2

wonder if my ps2 still works, i wanna play that and tales of legendia at some point

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

never try to emulate valkyrie profile 2

Rip

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fossilmaiden/status/936659132077301760

Ea hosed up so bad with battlefront 2 that they made huge portions of the jp mobile market have to pull out of the eu region

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

tap my mountain posted:

It could be the power button is stuck in, maybe try whacking it on a table sideways.

My phone came back on for one minute and I chose to spend that minute inputting my 2FA authentication for Humble Bundle. Now it's gone again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fossilmaiden/status/936659132077301760

Ea hosed up so bad with battlefront 2 that they made huge portions of the jp mobile market have to pull out of the eu region

Good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ea and disney saved gaming

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/936347149209669632

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!