Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

who wouldnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

So something I didn't realize in this trailer before: I think instead of simply having the teacher tell Mei what the constellations are, I think we're gonna get to play through those. Which is pretty cool.

I'm absolutely gonna get this, I wanted a reason to replay through the game again

FYI, it's a free update if you already have the game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do the main story quests until you're underleveled for them, then do the major sidequests until you are leveled up for the main story again. If you run out of sidequests do the Witcher contracts last. Treasure Hunts are the least worth your time imo

wait a minute

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

glam rock hamhock posted:

FYI, it's a free update if you already have the game

OooooOOOOOOO

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I guess hiring decent designers, writers, and voice actors was... not economically viable

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do the main story quests until you're underleveled for them, then do the major sidequests until you are leveled up for the main story again. If you run out of sidequests do the Witcher contracts last. Treasure Hunts are the least worth your time imo

Cowcaster posted:

story quests in witcher 3 give you massive amounts of xp, side quests give you no xp whatsoever. if you don't want to outlevel quests, and you don't want to use mods, you gotta crank out sidequests before doing story stuff

These can’t coexist :(

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

al-azad posted:

BUT does it reverse X or Y axis by default?

I remember when the 360 let you set that at the system level and most games would actually default to that setting. How did that not become standard?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I guess your only option is to play gwent

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess your only option is to play gwent

second

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

cowcaster is right from what i remember

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also it might just be because i'm friday drunk but i usually acquit myself reasonably well on pc fps shooters but in destiny 2 pvp i am just complete and absolute dogshit. i don't know what's wrong but i cannot kill a person to save my life. i am bad at videogames.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Also Witcher contracts are really good, don't skip them.

Treasure hunts are dumb though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that's nature's way of telling you it's time to hang up the holster and bust out the hidden object games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh whoops, I may have actually been thinking about Final Fantasy XV

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

cowcaster is right from what i remember

well that just sounds extremely wrong so i'm going to say charlie is right

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh whoops, I may have actually been thinking about Final Fantasy XV

They're basically the same game, it's an common mistake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

also it might just be because i'm friday drunk but i usually acquit myself reasonably well on pc fps shooters but in destiny 2 pvp i am just complete and absolute dogshit. i don't know what's wrong but i cannot kill a person to save my life. i am bad at videogames.

doesnt gear matter in PVP in that game. which is what i would blame my failures on if i was in your position

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to beat O&S with a +5 club and its not going well

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

doesnt gear matter in PVP in that game. which is what i would blame my failures on if i was in your position

gear literally does not matter in pvp in that game, which has made a lot of people upset because they can't get a +5 revolver and win all the time

doesn't gear matter in pvp in splatoon though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gear matters in that you have a loadout but it's just the weapons you bring to battle. There's no mathematical advantages, just how you want to play

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well that's simplifying it a bit too much, there's still gear in the sense that "this is the best smg because it has the best range" or "this is the best rocket launcher because it has cluster bombs". the thing about it is if you get the cluster bomb launcher, it's the same cluster bomb launcher as everyone else, there's no rolling for +5 reload speed -20 accuracy or whatever.

which i say now but it upset enough people that that was the case that they're rolling it back in the expansion debuting next week so gently caress it whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

which i say now but it upset enough people that that was the case that they're rolling it back in the expansion debuting next week so gently caress it whatever

Ohhh this was it, my friend was complaining about this, I had it backwards in my head because I'm also drinking. That's a bummer

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

Gear matters in that you have a loadout but it's just the weapons you bring to battle. There's no mathematical advantages, just how you want to play

ah yeah, that's how it works in destiny 2 for the moment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does anybody want to kill O&S with me I haven't done dark souls coop in years and I think it's never going to happen if I just idle here

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

Does anybody want to kill O&S with me I haven't done dark souls coop in years and I think it's never going to happen if I just idle here

if i had it installed i would be right there with you buddy but that ship is way out over the horizon at this point

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/yougotamoon_bot/status/936781515568029696

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does pvp in loot games ever work out?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the inferior prequel

the superior sequel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

X-2 is such a good loving game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't mess with king dice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xBBDfhWfY

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

raditts posted:

Have you not done anything since Disney Infinity?

I've already been laid off SINCE my Infinity layoff! I worked at an AR based silicon valley startup called castAR from July 2016 until they collapsed in April 2017.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Super Mario Odyssey would be my GOTY until they made the best suit worth 9999 coins making it so you have to grind coins for almost an hour for it (and then I'm going to have to grind later for the other expensive clothes as well :argh:)

Sorry Nintendo but Nier: Automata wins this year for me :toot:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I finished the witcher 3 main storyline, time for the expansions

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Desperate Character posted:

Super Mario Odyssey would be my GOTY until they made the best suit worth 9999 coins making it so you have to grind coins for almost an hour for it (and then I'm going to have to grind later for the other expensive clothes as well :argh:)

Sorry Nintendo but Nier: Automata wins this year for me :toot:

9999 coins is essy compared to the hoops you need to jump through to unlock the last postgame stuff in Nier

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Nina posted:

9999 coins is essy compared to the hoops you need to jump through to unlock the last postgame stuff in Nier

you just gotta get the weapons, though. most of the sidequests are optional

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Nina posted:

eh that is an optional boss which is basically a rework of an earlier annoying boss. I just find it frustrating when games lock cosmetics behind ridiculous coin amounts which you have to eventually get in the game if you want every star. At least the grinding in Nier isn't so monotonous with the combat being so fun and with the DLC and proper chip management it isnt that difficult to get all items needed for weapon upgrading (though the leveling system does still suck unfortunately).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
just played and finished doom 2016. That was really, really good. I played HL2 for the first time this year and apparently I really like good FPS campaigns--I had stayed away from the genre because I don't like the multiplayer

Since I have an entire genre ahead of me I assume there's a few more truly incredible games out there for me but I'm not sure which they are. Any suggestions on what the absolute best FPS campaigns are? mouse and keyboard controls pretty mandatory, I can't aim with a controller.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

cheetah7071 posted:

just played and finished doom 2016. That was really, really good. I played HL2 for the first time this year and apparently I really like good FPS campaigns--I had stayed away from the genre because I don't like the multiplayer

Since I have an entire genre ahead of me I assume there's a few more truly incredible games out there for me but I'm not sure which they are. Any suggestions on what the absolute best FPS campaigns are? mouse and keyboard controls pretty mandatory, I can't aim with a controller.

You should definitely play Titanfall 2.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Titanfall 2's campaign is remarkably good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

but first PLEASE BUY AND PLAY CALL OF JUAREZ: GUNSLINGER HOLY poo poo THAT GAME IS GOOD

• Locked thread