Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The White Dragon posted:

i recently switched to foobar over itunes because ugh itunes but while it's definitely easier to use, doesn't have that weird forced auto level balance that makes some songs impossibly quiet for no reason, and doesn't have lovely delays after every track on account of being trash bloatware, i have this other problem associated with foobar having a weird elitist audiophile community: you cannot get a straight answer without having to sift through an iron wall of diarrhea posters.

>"hi guys i just got into foobar and how do i make the previous track button work?"
>KILL URSELF BITCH
>/THREAD
>GO BACK IN TIME AND STOP YOURSELF FROM MAKING THIS WORTHLESS THREAD
>WHY DO YOU USE FOOBAR GO BACK TO ITUNES YOU WASTE OF OXYGEN
>DO YOU HEAR THAT SOUND? IT'S THE SOUND OF YOUR BRAIN CELLS DYING
>UR MOM MADE MY PREVIOUS TRACK BUTTON WORK LAST NIGHT BY SUCKING MY COCK
>I HOPE YOU DIE OP
>EVERYONE DIES BUT I HOPE OP DIES BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE
>hi! all you have to do is use the shuffle (tracks) setting instead of random!
>PIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>NEVER BREED OP

Oh so you asked in GBS?

I don't have any games I'm looking forward to this month. I did preorder this though:

http://www.8bitdo.com/sn30pro-sf30pro/

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Wellll Titanfall 2 has big stompy robot friend and lots of parkour shenanigans which can make things hectic

Call of Juarez Gunslinger is not as quick but still up there, with rewarding combo head shots and skilled use of bullet time and explosives and whatnot (plus the world's greatest unreliable narrator)

Neither are gonna be as hectic as Doom 2016 but they sure beat the speed of e.g. Halo

The Arcade mode in Gunslinger is quick non-stop action.

Taintrunner posted:

I finally beat The Evil Within 2 and I liked that game a lot! The throwbacks really pay off if you got through the first game. I think it played pretty fun and I really ended up liking all the characters and the emotional beats towards the end. As someone who is not a huge survival horror fan, I really have to reccomend it!

I'd call Evil Within 2 more survival action rather than survival horror since you really don't have to baby your supplies too much. Anyone else that's thinking about getting it, I'll saw TEW 2 is the "Aliens" to TEW's "Alien"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Good because every time I see it I can only imagine how much the japanese artist rubbed his dick raw after finishing the design

Yeah I do that alot too

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/yesthisisaaron/status/936843657654575104?s=09

I really dig this fanart

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

I don't wanna be put on a list

You got a Vita, it's too late

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I sold my Vita, and someone else buys a Vita. The cosmic ballet goes on

*nods sagely*

Really Pants posted:

some other good games on Vita:

Killzone Mercenary
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Tearaway
Gravity Rush
Shovel Knight
Wipeout 2048
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Toukiden

I'll vouch for all of these except for Cyber Sleuth because I haven't played it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

"you're overthinking this, please ignore the min-maxers if you don't find min-maxing fun in and of itself."

I think this would work for many games

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Like, super obvious example but this is a good bit of art imo. NWSing it though.

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/TTHRyPi.jpg:nws:

It's just In Voluptas Mors, the Dali next to a skull made of naked women thing

This is Dali's greatest work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THp6wKy-NSw

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

i'm sure i've posted this recently but i can't see ac4 even mentioned without thinking of the ascension of the jackdaw and just busting out laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQ_ZozZIio

:lol: I've never seen this

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

My wife snatched my Vita to play her childhood favorite, LocoRoco 2. I have never heard her swear so much in such a short period

How can someone swear while playing that game?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Steven Spielberg is old now and I imagine he just doesn't give a poo poo anymore about making good movies, but it sucks to see the guy scrape the bottom of the barrel now.

:sbahj:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

will capcom do an hd remaster of shadow of rome

:bisonyes: but just the coliseum parts

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

At least we still have the The Game Awards from last week to look back on successfully. How has the Trending Gamer been doing since then?

....Oh. (Statement comes in at 1:50)

Hmm, not loading for me, could someone give a quick rundown?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

There's no sequel

A new game in the same style. I think Sissel's story is complete.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

can't believe I had to find out through Chapo that Dr. Disrespect streamed an apology on Twitch about being unfaithful to his wife

If you followed the thread:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

At least we still have the The Game Awards from last week to look back on successfully. How has the Trending Gamer been doing since then?

....Oh. (Statement comes in at 1:50)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

This is an actual word :eyepop:

Alternative answer: Gesundheit!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

al-azad posted:

I can't imagine playing them again but the first game at least has some fun set pieces. And it's a game that's not afraid to have the protagonists murder each other. Aaand the story is based on Chinese hell where the villain gets rich by literally burning money and manifesting it through his daughter who is a walking portal to hell.

It was a unique setting at the time. I think it was mostly a contained story. Then they went all out with "This game has lesbians!" for the sequel just to get eyes on it. The advertising turned me completely off of it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ah, a variation of the ME: Andromeda technique

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

EELS!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AckvdGbk4w

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Phantasium posted:

OG Vandal Hearts is pretty cool, I've been unfairly judging this game based on it's dumb sequel that lets enemy units move out of the way of your attacks.

It's only been one chapter but they already have some pretty cool map conditions, like that sand ant that raises the map around where he comes out of the ground.

The thing I remember most was the comical geyser of blood whenever a unit was killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Devil May Cry just got Breath of Fire'd

(New game is coming out on smartphones)

A Christmas miracle!

• Locked thread