Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Nina posted:

My first online Splatoon experience: Rick and Morty meme posts and getting matched up against level 40 players at level 1

Level is just how long someone has been playing, not necessarily how good they are. But after you play a few matches the game will give you an invisible power rating and the match ups will get a lot better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm level 11 and I'm utter garbage at splatoon but I keep playing because it's really fun!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not very far in Tales of Berseria (I just got the Eizen guy) but are you supposed to be using the other characters in combat ever because they seem so much weaker than Velvet and her crazy claw thing

In Tales games the protagonist is always designed to be the easiest to play as but the other characters are cool too!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Im a bit unclear on what is different about berseria that makes it something i should check out as a guy who has never really loved the series. I've played 4 tales games

Hearts r
Symphonia
Vesperia
Zestria

I dont want to be a hater but people talk abour berseria like its on p5's level as an rpg and i dont know why when all the footage ive seen looks like a regular tales game with some of the bad decisions of the last few removed maybe.

Is it really a great game for broad audiences on its own merits or is it just a return to form that fans of the series wanted

It has good writing

I've never played Zestiria but I've heard it's garbage and that Berseria is largely apologizing for it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

berseria owns

but let's be real the dungeons are really bad. i'd rather have symphonia's dungeons

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Why? God, why would anyone want this?

Because you actually do things besides running through corridors

The shadow temple and elf forest suck rear end but I'd rather do something dumb than nothing at all. Almost all of berseria's dungeons follow the same template of hallway-enemy filled room-hallway

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Andrast posted:

I'd rather watch paint dry than do Symphonias dungeons

I mean overall I'd also rather play Berseria. The innocent child character has more personality than symphonia's cast put together

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Also US goons today has been pretty poo poo but I hope everyone's doing okay

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

elf is the best character in that game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

why did they make the ffta2 guy

luso is a doofus who just wants to have a good time in his favorite video game instead of doing his homework

his design is perfect

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Only in shadow hearts could the german-american ninja trained in brazil be the worst party member

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

irc has always been around, it's just never been cool

it also kinda sucks and i'm surprised it took so long for something like discord to pick up momentum

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

What's so good about discord

it wasn't designed decades ago and receives regular updates

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The anime of video games.

Now tell me what the King of the Hill of Video Games is.

final destination with eight hank hill mii fighters

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

All the ugly rear end characters suck though and having to roll dice on getting new weapons is annoying.

why the heck does a non-mobile non-microtransactions game have gacha mechanics

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The real award winners are switch owners, who get to play bayonetta 3

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bentacos posted:

I never beat FFX back in the day and never played X2, but I have the remaster sitting on my hard drive laughing at me awkwardly.

Play it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

ffx-2 is better than ffx

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Reality Winner posted:

Ready player one is just Who framed Roger Rabbit but instead of bob hoskins shooting doc brown with mexican stereotype bullets it's the konami code

i know conversations like this are always a race to make the hottest of takes and, well, i just wanted to let you know that you're the winner

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Still somehow less embarrassing than the vampire-themed wedding I went to a few years ago

I'd rather people do what they want and enjoy themselves than participate in one of the biggest scams around

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I wish Nintendo hadn't released splatoon updates, Zelda dlc, and xenoblade at the same time. What do I play??

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

lately i’ve been wearing socks to bed and it is mind boggling how toasty warm just a couple of pieces of fabric on your feet will keep your warm and toasty all night

Check out Neruda's Ode to My Socks

Internet Kraken posted:

I basically never wear socks because I find them extremely uncomfortable. Plus they cause a bunch of crud to get stuck between my toes.

Get better socks!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mutata posted:

I mean, most everything can be reduced to "its just clutter".

Animal Crossing and various harvestmoonlikes are great because they let you do as much home decorating as you want without the mess or financial regret

Does the AC mobile game have gacha/lootbox mechanics? It'd work too well

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i’m shoving 13 stalks of asparagus into my coffee cup and drinking/eating it all to spite you

Enjoy your next piss smelling extremely weird

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Loose Ifer posted:

What games are the most fun to play right now

Splatoon

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I missed splatfest because I was playing xenoblade 2 oops lol

Some of the character designs are indefensible and some of the character bits are really dumb especially when Tora is involved and gacha is a horrible blight but the world design and exploration own and the battle system is cool once you finally get to play with all its elements and the fourth party member is rad as heck and replaced Tora immediately

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

How could you say anything bad about my good friendpon Tora

He's better than Tatsu but his relationship with Poppi is bad imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm really excited to get a Switch sometime in the next six months.

I'm really glad I bit the bullet and got a switch the last time you were thinking about it here :shobon:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

the problem with wario world is that the us release had an unfinished last boss and they never gave us the version with a finished one

Nah it's that platforming controls feel clumsy and clunky and the combat stops being satisfying after ten minutes because you're fighting the same three enemies over and over and over

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Wario World isn't like, bad, but it's probably the worst Wario platformer

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

No, that's still Master of Disguise. That game was depressingly bad.

I completely forgot it existed! But you're right

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

A Bogey Bustin, G Force-Pullin, Insanity Ride!

The January Game Chat Thread

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Getting his dick sucked by another man while thinking "I'm not gay I'm not gay you're the gay"

The Orson Scott Card Story

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

She's really really bad and everything about her, including get bonus dungeon, sucks

I really liked the idea of her dungeon, and the remixed music in the boss fight owned, but yeah the actual execution left a lot to be desired

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Golden is permanently and irrevocably inferior due to New Chie Voice

It's better and fits her character much more

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

So it doesn't exist?

Stux...? Stux! I need you!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

I'm glad that Ghost Trick continues its streak of being game of the year for every year when someone plays Ghost Trick.

Ghost Trick is goat, I thought people just stopped talking about it because it was a given

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Games I played that I really liked:
Splatoon 2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Sonic Mania
Metroid Samus Returns
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp
Tales of Berseria
Story of Seasons Trio of Towns

Games I think other people should try if they haven't:
Night in the Woods
Doki Doki Literature Club
Snipperclips

Game I'm playing right now:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Up to chapter 7 and I'm pretty sure I hate the story but the world design and combat just push so many good buttons for me :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

I've been enjoying the story the further I get, there was a big lull for me after chapter, I think, 4? After mor Adrain, it seemed like nothing was really happening. But once I got past Indol I've loved every new area and the story is ramping up. I love this game

Some of the characters own, there was just one specific cutscene partway through 7 that really bugged me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

Which one? You can use spoiler tags, I'm on Ch. 8 now

The whole sequence starting with Nia revealing herself as a blade finally. Which itself is cool but Rex being an oblivious rear end means her declaration of love is probably never going to get brought up again and I liked them being bros. Gameplay wise I think having to choose between one blade tethered to Rex (on top of the three already locked to him) and a whole dang party member + Dromarch is garbage. And then watching Malos torture Pyra sucked.

At least the patch fixed the map tho

• Locked thread