Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The White Dragon posted:

q corn in the bible, are there any nancy drew games where she's in prison for B&E and while in prison she has to solve a gang murder

asking for a friend

No, she did go to prison once (during Alibi in Ashes) but it was for arson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Nina posted:

9999 coins is essy compared to the hoops you need to jump through to unlock the last postgame stuff in Nier

you just gotta get the weapons, though. most of the sidequests are optional

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

It's a pretty broad genre, so it depends on what you want. Like, Portal is super good but it's about puzzles, not really about combat or whatever. Titanfall 2 is a recent game that has a really good singleplayer thing, and you can play it pretty cheaply if you buy into that Origin Access thing for a month. Medal of Honor Allied Assault is good. Deus Ex is cool but maybe is too dated? There's a lot of cool stuff!

e: those guys saying you should play Gunslinger are maybe right, though I like Bound in Blood more

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The problem with playing Halo is on a PC you can only play 1 and 2. And you shouldn't play 2 because it's legit half a game, they ran out of time and just cut it in half with a lame non-ending. If you were into console FPSes then it'd be fine to check out the series I guess but otherwise skip it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

my first instinct was one of the halos but I'm open to anything!

I don't actually know what I like yet! I have played Portal, I wasn't counting that because it isn't really an FPS at all

Well, fair enough. So, what did you like about Doom and HL2?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

Don't silence my friend BT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FVh7-BTfoY

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

he could also play bulletstorm

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Nina posted:

You also have to upgrade them all to level 4 which means grinding money and farming the items you can’t buy for most people.

you need to specify automata

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Im a bit unclear on what is different about berseria that makes it something i should check out as a guy who has never really loved the series. I've played 4 tales games

Hearts r
Symphonia
Vesperia
Zestria

I dont want to be a hater but people talk abour berseria like its on p5's level as an rpg and i dont know why when all the footage ive seen looks like a regular tales game with some of the bad decisions of the last few removed maybe.

Is it really a great game for broad audiences on its own merits or is it just a return to form that fans of the series wanted

Velvet is the best jrpg protagonist of all

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

I will say that while Berseria is good, it certainly doesn't come even close to Persona 5

yeah, it's much better than persona 5, not even close,

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

I just can't get behind a world view where Berseria is even close to as good as P5. Berseria is really good and Persona 5 has some problems but at the end of the day it's just not even close.

Yeah, Berseria doesn't even have wacky jokes about how gross the gays are, or let you date your sexy prostitute maid teacher, and it definitely doesn't let you gently caress your sister

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

if berseria had let velvet gently caress laphicet it'd be more like persona 5, game of all time

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

precision posted:

i think it's also fair because the central thesis of the entire persona series is "be who you really are, gently caress the haters, and also the cops"

it's actually that cops are good now

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

SEVEN

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it is a stealth rpg. trying to be thief + gothic. i helped some weird mutant people kill their mayor

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

so was he actually a bad guy or have you doomed them to a despotic junta under sheriff whitaker

he was good but they offered more money

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i think the point of velvet's design is that she starts off looking like a normal person and then she goes crazy and all her clothes get hosed up. its a happy coincidence that her time in prison made her all sexy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Paradox Interactive has the license. So at least it's held by a company that actually does make games and it's not impossible.

It was previously held by the EVE people, who uh... just make that.

pretty sure paradox sold the rights on. regardless, i know Cyanide is making a Werewolf Apocalypse game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

atelier vita

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Endorph posted:

the asian english version of SRWV if you're cool with importing/don't have a PS4

edit: also the atelier arland games have an equal amount of fanservice to persona 4 golden and the dusk atelier games have like, literally no fanservice. the only fanservice i can think of is a 40 year old woman's boobs bouncing a bit in escha & logy.

shallie has a hot springs scene, doesn't it?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in9fg7Vhmw0

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

*nods sagely*

I'll vouch for all of these except for Cyber Sleuth because I haven't played it.

Cyber Sleuth is great, though the sequel's out in January and I think is supposed to retell the original's events too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmkmATIUaH8
get hype yall

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

I've been playing Destiny 2 and it is really quite a lot of fun. I'm around 230 light level right now and am sure it will stop being interesting eventually but for the moment I'm enjoying shooting aliens and getting 2-3 cool looking cosmetics a night.

Baffles me the amount of rage that has been directed at that game on the internet.

those cosmetics used to be acountwide and they changed it solely so they could sell them for money too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yeah thats also true. there were a lot of really scummy things that have since sort of been fixed, though not really that well

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

I've played a lot of FF12 and I don't think I've ever even equipped a "Measure" across any version of the game. Like I can't think of a time when you'd get a measure before you'd get the corresponding spell that would replace it.

they boost evasion so i gave my gunner/redmage one in zodiac. it wasn't very good but it was ok i guess

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I have so many consoles and my tv only has three hdmi ports so I can't have them all plugged in at once, whats the cheapest way to remedy this? I don't need a big giant $400 tv receiver or whatever

assuming you don't use FOUR KAY you can get a cheap hdmi switcher. there's lots on the market. doing higher resolutions isn't always supported by their hardware, but for regular consoles up to 1080p it'll be fine. If you need 4k or 3d or whatever then just make sure you get one that supports it. Expect to pay maybe 20 bucks for one

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I'm all for X collection though. BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE GROUND

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I can't play the video right now, how's the voice acting? Better than 8?

when he says HAH HYAH HAA it's very convincing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Anyways in conclusion, somehow it is the case that most videogames with female characters in them are less feminist than Hyperdimension loving Neptunia

nep is v femnist

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Nobody would give a poo poo about Death Stranding if it didn't have Kojima's name attached to it. The trailers have revealed absolutely nothing.

So?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i bought the gears remaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMeBAKGqDfQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJSJzRg50dE

i love u marcus fenix

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/InsignificantAmbitiousAkitainu-mobile.mp4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Shindragon posted:

Much as I love Styx, those game over screens get very tiring after a while haha.

You can turn them off though

You know. If you're a loving MONSTER

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

Shards of Darkness was mostly good, but I don't know if I was doing something wrong but the platforming seemed jankier than Master of Shadows to me. Also gently caress that first boss fight.

I hope we get a Styx 3 to finish out the series (or more Styx games forever I guess, but at least one more)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Nasgate posted:

Have you played Of Orcs and Men?

Different(bad) gameplay, but it's interesting to see where the devs and Styx himself started. Also not very difficult except a couple poorly designed parts. I beat it in about a week of a few hours at a time.

theyre not at all similar

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I suddenly find myself with about three weeks worth of free time, could you recommend me some relatively new time ruining games that aren't the witcher 3, Xcom 1+2, Inquisition or Divinity 1+2?

E: If not I'll just have to replay DA:I with all the DLC installed, instead of just trespasser.

Assassin's Creed: Origins

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

did you know that anyone who mentions racism in any way is TRYING TO RUIN EVERYTHING FOR YOU? yes, YOU!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

They're gonna mirror every franchise from the 2000s starring a male protagonist and age Lara up into a wizened old mom who just wants to be a good mom.

lara croft will get breast cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

an actual dog posted:

They're not gonna release a new elder scrolls game for a while cause it would cannibalize the MMO. The rumor is their next game is a new franchise.

the mmo is legit better than skyrim

• Locked thread