Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh hey Locoroco 2, I never played that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zaggitz posted:

Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ Is out next week OP. You're a coward for not putting it in the list. :colbert:

Is it digital only because I can't find a listing anywhere I usually get games from.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like it, it's definitely coming out here just no-ones said when yet :/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

never try to emulate valkyrie profile 2

Rip

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rex vs Ray owned but it took me a couple of goes to realise most of the weapons were a trap and I should just smash the poo poo out of it instead.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

glam rock hamhock posted:

I will say that while Berseria is good, it certainly doesn't come even close to Persona 5

Yeah it's way better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I finished MGS 4 but it's still going

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finally finished MGS 4 after first starting it when it originally came out, it was, uh.... Interesting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Since apparently I haven't played enough Yakuza games this year I'm starting Ryu Kenzan.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am waiting for the first person to say, "I thought the Wolfenstein II credits song was all right."

It's the one thing that seems to unite everyone

I've mentioned before that I didn't see what the fuss was about but I've also no idea what it was a cover of so.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just started playing Peace Walker and am I missing something with the boss battles? In the first one I just shot all the troops and a dude popped out of the top I could shoot normally, so I was expecting that to happen with the second one (the first tank), especially since Kaz was shouting 'just worry about the guys' at me, but I shot them all and it just carried on as usual? The only way I could beat it was to take both rocket weapons I had developed with me and, making sure I scored a direct hit on the fuel tank every time, I had just about enough ammo to destroy it.

Though I just realised as I was typing this I could have used the supply drop I totally forgot about for more ammo...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What are conditions for getting a leader to pop out of the tank or whatever to shoot so I can capture it because I just watched a video where that happened after he took out all the dudes but it didn't happen to me and I'm wondering if my game hosed up or not?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wonder if there are still people mad about Raiden being the main character

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Both Niers were great, if Automata doesn't live up to the original it's only because that was a once in a decade game. And the actual game part of Automata is still much better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

What's so good about discord

It's not IRC

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, all the Atelier games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Playing people dying in weird ways

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, it's great

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah but there's no female MC option so I don't care.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wildtortilla posted:

To me it sure sounds like that spear isn't worth the effort and time.

The game is easy enough as it is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mega Man 11 announced for next year plus all the X games on current everything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't want to read all those FFXII posts, but should I get Zodiac Age? I remember enjoying X. I started XV but fell off and would probably need to start that over from the beginning.

12 is one of the least favourite FF games but plenty of other people seem to like it so.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Most MMOs have better combat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope that trailer is a good indication of what the soundtrack's gonna be like.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sadly City Shrouded in Shadow is exactly what it sounds like, there's nothing else to the game other than running around and occasionally avoiding an obstacle while cooler stuff goes on in the background.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's never going to happen but some people seem to think that at one point it was going to be monetised until they decided against it. That's fairly unlikely though since that would make it the first ever Japanese console game to do a monetised gatcha as far as I'm aware (barring f2p mmo stuff).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember it being pretty dull but I still lol at the idea that Resident Evil 1 runs on the Goof Troop engine

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

i'm loving the poo poo out of it so far. it's basically what i wanted from Mankind Divided and then some, gameplay-wise (and story-wise, though i'm still super early).

side question: should i wait until i have a decent gun or something to go in the Trauma Center? i get owned super hard by those spicy boys every time i try so far.

Eh you can but iirc there a bunch of explosive cylinders in there you can use to take them out fairly effort free. The early game is a lot more about figuring out how to take advantage of the environment to get where you want until you start modding up your weapons a bunch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nier Automata is good

Stranger Things is good (even season 2)

Thank you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I also like Tomb Raider but that weird announcement has me worried it's gonna end up a MOBA or a card game or something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saint Freak posted:

Lara Croft Relic Run 2

Oh god no...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

They're gonna mirror every franchise from the 2000s starring a male protagonist and age Lara up into a wizened old mom who just wants to be a good mom.

You say that like it's a bad thing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Grey Fox posted:

No idea about Hitman. That studio and IP split was a weird one, and I don't remember much coming out about the motivations. SE has been oddly cryptic when discussing their financial situation...I remember not too long ago one of their suits saying something like if FFXV didn't set the world on fire, then the whole company was utterly screwed.

And here we are well after release and I'm wondering if it met internal expectations. No idea!

SE have been doing fine for a while, the FF14 revamp and their mobile division print money. FF XV sold like 4 million copies in the first week and was well within expectations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What was the name of that super generic looking Chinese Souls knock off?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

praise a game that's been widely dunked on. give me detailed reasons why you think ffxiii is alright

It has better combat than 90% of JRPGs and 100% of FF games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cheetah7071 posted:

ffxiv has actively good combat

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's good if you like watching people die

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those are all more worthwhile than Bubsy :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As much as I'd like BB2 I'm interested to see what they could do with a new Shadow Tower now it doesn't have to play clunky as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

I'm kind of angry that the LiS prequel didn't end up being trash like I was expecting because now I'm hella invested again and spend hours of my time ideating on the fictional relationships of teenage girls.

I have some manga I could recommend if you like

• Locked thread