Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

YEAH!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's a video of ESPN nincompoops talking about niko and bobby dapping it up at a bulls game that is somehow stretched to 97 seconds and they keep showing this grainy footage of niko grimly clapping for a portis basket over and over again because they have no other footage and i find it incredibly funny
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21609771

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DabmENJkRJA

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The famous ABA version of this ball:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Glad I didnt have to post it.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Hmmmm wasn’t able to catch the game but see Mitchell got 41, thank you so much for the pick Denver

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
So about this Donovan Mitchell

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I had Donovan Mitchell as my PER leader in Zogo's poll. tonight was validation, he's gonna be great

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I liked Mitchell but even this exceeded my expectations for him. Like he's playing better as an NBA point guard than a college . . . .forward or whatever the gently caress position he was playing then. Defining his role as something other than the "well it's college you're our best player so you figure it out" has turned out to be good. Usually it takes those players a little while, if ever, to adapt to NBA basketball.

RE: Luke Kennard

I'd rather have him than Lonzo although that is more a fit thing than anything. He was really good at the P&R in college and pairing him up with Julius Randle would give the Lakers a competent half court offense. He was my target for the Lakers late first around January when Kennard was considered a borderline second round guy.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
41 points for my mother loving absolute boy! Can't wait

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_shxzlTRK44

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kennard is like ostensibly a PG/SG but the role they use him in on offense is the one that Tobias Harris fills on dribble hand off plays, which is interesting. if anyone is curious about how Drummond is getting all of those assists its through the DHO stuff. im curious to see how teams adapt to playing Drummond at the perimeter on these plays as while he's a threat to drive if his man sags off him on the play he doesn't have the range to threaten to shoot at all

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Rick posted:

I liked Mitchell but even this exceeded my expectations for him. Like he's playing better as an NBA point guard than a college . . . .forward or whatever the gently caress position he was playing then. Defining his role as something other than the "well it's college you're our best player so you figure it out" has turned out to be good. Usually it takes those players a little while, if ever, to adapt to NBA basketball.

He's not playing PG, he's playing mostly off the ball and has not been good when he has to create with the ball.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

We go play hoop!!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Fred Van Vleet and Big Jake Purdel are the future of the NBA. Get on board.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I picked Mitchell as my RotY in the poll. Shame about Benjamin Simmons.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bobby Portis is a bad influence

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcNMz7bgNKP/

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Can we have an SAS poll for what month will contain the next Bulls win? For the record, they have lost 13 out of the last 14 and are getting owned by other terrible teams. Niko and Levine will probably back in December, but here's the upcoming schedule for the month: they play 2 against the Cavs, 2 against the pacers, 2 against the knicks, 2 against the Bucks, home vs. the Magic, Jazz, and Sixers, and at the Hornets, Celtics and Wizards. If they don't win that home game against the Magic, it looks pretty likely they can go 0 for December.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

R.D. Mangles posted:

Can we have an SAS poll for what month will contain the next Bulls win? For the record, they have lost 13 out of the last 14 and are getting owned by other terrible teams. Niko and Levine will probably back in December, but here's the upcoming schedule for the month: they play 2 against the Cavs, 2 against the pacers, 2 against the knicks, 2 against the Bucks, home vs. the Magic, Jazz, and Sixers, and at the Hornets, Celtics and Wizards. If they don't win that home game against the Magic, it looks pretty likely they can go 0 for December.

Easy, they will beat the Knicks once Lavine is back

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Bulls will beat the cavs, always happens

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DubGolf25/status/936450661352378368

LeBron is not fair

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

He's not playing PG, he's playing mostly off the ball and has not been good when he has to create with the ball.

I guess that's what I get for just looking at numbers. I just assumed he was playing point because that's what he was playing in summer league.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Some big Jake highlights. Guy is quick and good hands and smart. He's gonna be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIy9iLRufdo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Easy, they will beat the Knicks once Lavine is back

King Zing and French Frank won't let that happen.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spacebump posted:

King Zing and French Frank won't let that happen.

The rest of the Knicks however

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/937046875840155648

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Looks like dudes rebounding for a shooting drill, except they’re not rebounding

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

On vacation so missed the news, but it seems like:
- Kings sign former Grizzlies players and their coach
- Grizzlies sign former Kings players
- Kings appear to be in an unheard of period of stability
- Grizzlies are a mess?

Sorry Nick for passing the funk on to you

RIP Grit-N-Grind basketball. Hello Farm2Fork basketball

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Watching this is pain.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

I think the safest guess would be the first month with everyone back where they also play a team losing an hour on a back to back that's part of a 4 in 5. Or a high variance team who misses all their open shots

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

New GDT!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842480&perpage=40

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I was looking at the Bulls schedule six games ago and thought "Wow they actually might end the calendar year with, like, six wins"

Now that feels like it could be optimistic. They'll probably win one of the 5 Indiana/Charlotte/New York games, maybe take one of the Milwaukee/Philadelphia/Orlando/Utah games on a good shooting night. Getting a third win could be tricky!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

xbilkis posted:

I was looking at the Bulls schedule six games ago and thought "Wow they actually might end the calendar year with, like, six wins"

Now that feels like it could be optimistic. They'll probably win one of the 5 Indiana/Charlotte/New York games, maybe take one of the Milwaukee/Philadelphia/Orlando/Utah games on a good shooting night. Getting a third win could be tricky!

Justin Holiday has been a revelation at losing games.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
http://woelfelspressbox.com/2017/12/jordan-becomes-center-of-bucks-attention/
Trade rumors about DJ to the Bucks

If the Bucks can swing Brogdon and Henson for Jordan they'd be a frightening defensive squad

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

What are the suns doing? Like why fire Watson if the plan was to tank anyway.

edit:

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 2, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

http://woelfelspressbox.com/2017/12/jordan-becomes-center-of-bucks-attention/
Trade rumors about DJ to the Bucks

If the Bucks can swing Brogdon and Henson for Jordan they'd be a frightening defensive squad

Eh Jordan's an incredible clog in the middle if Bledsoe and Giannas are there. Then again Henson is too so whatever.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Yall think this draft class could be as good as 2003?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Better

• Locked thread