Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Schneider Heim posted:

When the Starship Troopers movie came out I got a bunch of Dark Horse comics out of it, it was pretty cool.

I haven't actually watched the movie yet, lol (though I'm sure I'd love it because I really really liked Total Recall).

Starship Troopers is the best of the Verhoven trilogy of Robocop, Total Recall, and Starship Troopers. Get on that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
We monkey pawed getting Bendis to write every Marvel book about a decade back. Once it happened his limitations and over reliance on certain character ticks really became apparent. His events have been terrible, with a couple bright spots that only really serve to illustrate how bad the entire piece is. Finally, he's the only mother fucker who cares about Mile's dad.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've lately developed a bit of a fascination about what Paul Verhoeven's Watchmen would've looked like because I reckon it would have had a lot of RoboCop, Total Recall, Starship Troopers and Showgirls in it.

Was this a real thing at one point? Because holy poo poo I would have watched that.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I hate myself, so I'm reading through every Wolverine. In the 1982 mini, there's an ad for a Darkseid/Dark Phoenix team up. Did this actually happen?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
This is the first year in a good number where I'm not going to the movies on Christmas with my dad and his family. A aunt is having a get together, so they're going to that and we'll go to the movies on the 26th. I'm atheist, but him and my step mother are devout Catholics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jordan7hm posted:

My favourite manga this year (that I read, rather than released) was Lone Wolf and Cub. Goddamn that book is so good.

It's so good that I, professional manga hater, loves it and has those lovely tiny books they released fifteen years ago. I really wish it had a normal sized version.

• Locked thread